Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Doesn't really tell much but I hope it's good. Joker Game seems okay and Sousei no Onmyoji didn't met my expectations :/

Going to start boku no Hero Academia also.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

1 minute ago, Typho said:

Doesn't really tell much but I hope it's good. Joker Game seems okay and Sousei no Onmyoji didn't met my expectations :/

Going to start boku no Hero Academia also.

Really a shame that like every anime has almost this harem vibe cuz 1 op mc and lots of lots of girls xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

19 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm honestly sick of the ecchi crap and pointless fan service in general. 

I don't think it deserves to have place in anime. I want a good story, not scenes of superflous crap.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You sir, should go watch all the Naruto filler.

I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spork than re-watch any Naruto at all.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Just for that we will put you in a room with his American dub actor, and let you listen to her screech for five days straight.

I've got my cyanide tooth ready. BRING IT!!!

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Oh, don't worry, that's been replaced with a sugar cane tooth.

FUCK!

ABORT MISSION! THEIR TECHNOLOGY IS TOO ADVANCED!!!

18 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You've been captured.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

th-th-thats ACTUALLY A WEBSITE????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Yay, more new anime.

Ace Attorney (1). awkward.
Well this certainly isn't my kind of thing. I came into this not knowing much about the games, and was looking forward to a high-camp Jojo type of thing. Unfortunately this just didn't work for me on any level. The non-courtroom aspects were dull, the actual proceedings were an immature mess (though they didn't have to be), and the production values were about as bland as it gets. The juvenile humor and witless writing kept it from even approaching anything that could be considered compelling or amusing, and it came across as little more than keys jangling before my eyes. Just being generically outrageous for a few scenes isn't enough for me.

Space Patrol Luluco (1). so-so.
So Trigger's latest short anime is... okay. It comes across like them taking elements and styles from their various recent anime and cobbling them together into a brash comedy - something between Space Cop and Kill la Kill. I can't say it was funny as much as strange, though. It honestly reminds me of Panty and Stocking sans the juvenility and vulgarity. I'll need another episode or two to really determine whether it's offering anything worthwhile, but so far at least it's odd enough to warrant that much.

Pan De Peace (1). mediocre.
Exactly what you'd expect: a short moe show about cute girls who apparently like bread. If that doesn't sound immediately appealing, I can't see this doing much for you, as it's not trying very hard.

Twin Star Exorcists (1). so-so.
Calling this a solid iteration of its standard formula would be damning it with faint praise, but that's really all I can offer. Other than the "quirky" mix of cartoony and edgy stuff on display here, this was the very definition of a run of the mill shounen light novel adaptation. Bratty dumbass kids, one-note baddies, choppy pacing, shouting silly attack names, trite sentiments, boob faceplants; it's all here. Unfortunately it lacks anything to call its own. If it had atypical BGM or atmosphere or even just a creative hook, I might care enough to give it a shot, like I did with Blue Exorcist, Nurarihyon no Mago and others. But just being competent at being middle of the road isn't enough of a draw. It would be more fun to me to make a gag dub for this than to actually watch it. I think I'd rather catch up with Ushio and Tora; at least that has the hook of being decidedly retro.

Endride (1). bad.
Fuck me, was this ever lazy. Here we have another anime where they forgot to bring anything interesting to the table. From the highschooler MC who's obsessed with crystals to the random montage of him just killing time to the generic daddy issues, I was having trouble figuring out why I should care about what was happening. Imagine my surprise at the laughably lazy way they got the MC into another world. From then on I had trouble containing my laughter at how terrible this was. It's just shy of being "so bad it's good", which is honestly the only thing that could save this from not being a boring pile of junk with crappy music and dumbass plot contrivances. Right down to them mentioning the "surface" all the time when they're clearly in a place with open skies. Was this really made by Brains Base? I mean, I can see Kinema Citrus making this after the equally awful Norn 9 last season, but wow. How far the mighty have fallen.

Bakuon (1). so-so.
I was expecting Space Patrol Luluco to be the head trip of the season, but this took the cake. I mean, a dumb-as-bricks moe show about highschool chicks in a motorbike club is one thing, but when the bikes start talking to them and they start nerding out like old biker dudes, I have to wonder what the hell I'm watching. I guess this is trying to be a blend of K-On and Girls and Panzer type shows or something, and it's almost trippy at times. Between random JFK inserts and a Stig clone I'm still not sure what I just watched, especially with the casual sexism. But it sure managed to go places I didn't quite expect. Whether you can appreciate this will probably depend on how willing you are to just let it be stupid.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san manga (c20). decent.
Ooh, another chapter so soon? Nice. But even I've got to admit that they're going overboard now with the teasing and flirting. It's cute, but suspension of disbelief is a tricky thing to keep a hold of in a comic like this, so I hope they don't break it.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c293-294). decent.
Speaking of straining with suspension of disbelief, here it turns out that MC wasn't always a musclehead, and he's not even a dumbass. Wonder where they'll go with this would-be revelation...

12 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

No idea yet, haven't watched enough of them to get a feel for it. And I might not for a while, since I have to prioritize work-related stuff for a while :(

People like to say that, but I disagree. Index 1 and Railgun S are about on par as far as I'm concerned. People just prefer Biribiri to Touma, which is understandable but doesn't make S any better. It's just a question of preferences. S just fleshes out the arc of the cute girl everyone likes the most, but it's just as good/bad as Index 1 overall.

I don't see how it's "better" than Index. It's just pandering to people's desires more, so it gets the affection. S and Index 1 aren't that far removed from one another when you really compare them. People just like Biribiri more than Touma so much that they're not objective about either series. Both characters are obnoxious to me, so I don't have that issue when judging either series.

That's your problem, not mine :)

Index 1 and Railgun S was both fine shounen anime when you compare them more objectively (note that "fine shounen anime" is a seriously low bar, though). It's a question of which dumb and obnoxious tropes you prefer, really. Of course that's not considering the vapid wastelands that were Index 2 and Railgun 1, but Railgun had the natural advantage because people are always going to be kinder to anime full of girly girls than anime with a male lead.

I've always thought that Index and Railgun had to be watched together at a certain degree because Index had holes that Railgun fills and vice-versa.

12 minutes ago, WynLore said:

I've always thought that Index and Railgun had to be watched together at a certain degree because Index had holes that Railgun fills and vice-versa.

That's an interesting way to put it, but I'm not really sure how necessary it really is. I would not have enjoyed Railgun enough to even get to season two if I hadn't watched Index first, but there are also people who have watched Railgun first and couldn't enjoy Index, so I think it's too difficult to judge it in general.

1 hour ago, WynLore said:

meh I saw no need to watch index. Hell I just watched noragami and watched the first 2 episodes of season one then all of season 2 and probably would not have noticed if the episodes were not numbered. I just noticed some things that I thought were just flash backs to things they didn't show which it turns out they had shown them when I went back and watched the rest of season 1

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

That's an interesting way to put it, but I'm not really sure how necessary it really is. I would not have enjoyed Railgun enough to even get to season two if I hadn't watched Index first, but there are also people who have watched Railgun first and couldn't enjoy Index, so I think it's too difficult to judge it in general.

I don't get this show(s) at all. Is index alongside raingun or season 2 and index is season 1?

7 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

I don't get this show(s) at all. Is index alongside raingun or season 2 and index is season 1?

Raigun is a spin off of index they are in the same univers and time with the shows kind of overlapping and crossing over.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

Raigun is a spin off of index they are in the same univers and time with the shows kind of overlapping and crossing over.

Thanks obama. In order to get the whole stories I'd have to watch both. Lifegoals 

tumblr_mnvupugx9x1ssw58io1_500.gif

7 hours ago, Crowes said:

I don't think it deserves to have place in anime. I want a good story, not scenes of superflous crap.

I don't have a problem with it when it's done right(usually never). 

It was done right few times in monogatari series. It's still too much, but it's better and sometimes even good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

4 hours ago, JuztBe said:

I don't have a problem with it when it's done right(usually never). 

I can be pretty stubborn about ecchi. If a show's full of it, I'll go watch the super cringey live-action, which I often find is usually just as addicting.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

7 hours ago, Crowes said:

I can be pretty stubborn about ecchi. If a show's full of it, I'll go watch the super cringey live-action, which I often find is usually just as addicting.

If a show is full of ecchi and fan service I have no problem with it because that is clearly what is is about if it has none for a season then starts adding it then it tends to annoy me

Guys guys, Aria the Avvenire episode 2 is released. I'm happy like a little child!

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, that's 2 fires in one week.  First that PSU caught on fire due to crappy caps, and then my toaster oven catches on fire. xD 

sounds like your things are just deciding its better to die in fire than be owned by you lol

I have had a toaster oven go up in flames before lol

7 hours ago, Charger said:

If a show is full of ecchi and fan service I have no problem with it because that is clearly what is is about if it has none for a season then starts adding it then it tends to annoy me

I'm the same way but I also get annoyed if most of the anime that are released are ecchi.

28 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm the same way but I also get annoyed if most of the anime that are released are ecchi.

agreed it is always nice to have some good anime to watch in a season. 

Speaking of anime...

Anne Happy (1). mediocre.
I was expecting a typical low-effort "cute girls" moe anime, and that's what I got. It didn't pass my "would I rather watch kitten videos on YouTube?" test for these kinds of shows, and it didn't show any desire to do anything but deliver the usual moe material in the usual ways. And yet, it also wasted a perfectly serviceable premise in the process. It could have been a parody of Key-style melodrama, or put unexpected character archetypes into a moe show, or even just prioritized drama or comedy over bland cuteness, but nope. The only thing about it that aimed higher than usual was its premise, which it squandered completely. It merely hit the pavement like an egg that's past its expiry date, so it deserves a well-earned stamp of "mediocre" from me.

Hundred (1). bad.
It's been a while since I watched something this tone-deaf, and yet this bland. It only seems to exist to stuff in as many current light novel tropes as possible without any regards to fitting them together in a pleasing manner. Seriously, nothing really fits with anything else in this anime. It opens with a grimdark giant-monster-battle anime, and then turns into a boring bargain-basement highschool tournament fighting anime. It's more interested in showing me the usual assortment of generic harem members than it is in investing me in anything that's going on, yet it doesn't have the stones to just drop all pretense and be a proper fanservice show. A first episode like this can work when you go the Luck and Logic route, showing us the stakes through the eyes of a solid anchor of a protagonist. Heck, you can even get away with a Gunslinger Stratos type mess of inconsistent and ill-advised science fictioney ideas, or the vague promise of a possible romance a la Rakudai. But you have to give the audience SOMETHING to work with.

Bungou Stray Dogs (1). so-so.
I wasn't expecting this show to be what it is, but then I wasn't expecting it to be serviceable either. Basically it's one of those shows that seems to flounder out of the gate, but has room for major improvement. For starters, it mistakes samey overacting for eccentricity, and constant overreactions for humor. As such, the characters are at best tolerable for now, and the anime has its work cut out if we're to come to care about them. The narrative has similarly deep problems, wherein the slow pacing doesn't match the tone or energy of the show very well. But these are the kinds of problems that can be surmounted, and Bones is well-acquainted with those kinds of issues. On the other hand, they have two other bigger-ticket anime airing this season, so it's hard to believe that it will actually improve much. But then it at least tangentially reminds me of Blood Blockade Battlefront, so I'm willing to give it a shot for now.

Actually, I'm... manga (c119). decent.
Heh. Every time the principal's involved, things get even more over-the-top, it seems. I wasn't expecting it for some reason this time, and it managed to make me smile. But I'm not sure about the new development with respect to Shiho... they'll have to really nail it for this to not seem like they're just running out of ideas.

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

So shall we do a club reboot?! 

Got some ideas to share, you guys?

What do  you mean by club reboot?

Something you talked about on discord?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P