Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
2 hours ago, Charger said:

... why would a mouse dongle except keyboard inputs?

a mouse is just a keyboard without all the buttons

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Yay! I finally finished one of the anime from this past season; one of the shorts, granted, but it's a start.

Oshiete! Galko-chan. so-so.

As a show with insights for curious teens, this doesn't really have all that much to offer. But as a slice of life friendship comedy it's serviceable, because it's a relatively fresh combination of elements from more proudly juvenile shows like Seitokai Yakuindomo and all those lazy rehashes of the moe formula that K-On pioneered. In that regard it's probably worth the short watch, but it doesn't really amount to much.

I'll spoiler my capsule reviews for eps 7-12, in case anyone's interested:

Oshiete! Galko-chan (7). decent.
A pool episode with some mild fanservice, the usual mundane insights into girl's concerns, and a joke at one of the character's expenses. Also an unexpectedly decent side story about a kid who hangs out with Galko after trying to lose his embarrassing mom at the pool. I liked the way they portrayed the two gradeschool girl "bullies"; rare to see that trope handled in a way that isn't over the top.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (8). so-so.
Yay, highschool guys discussing boob sizes. How entertaining and enlightening. On the plus side I found some of the stuff about nails to be among the better comedy material the series has offered so far. I'm not sure whether I enjoyed the hair bit or found it forced, but at least it wasn't typical material. So basically this ep was a mixed bag.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (9). so-so.
This episode felt downright clumsy and awkward, and the material was simplistic... but it wasn't bad, just bordering on being as tiresome as listening to actual teenagers talking about nothing.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (10). mediocre.
While it's nice to get some insight into the other kids in class, this ep was downright tedious. The whole "guys only think about sex" thing is just a big ol' entertainment deadzone to me. It's not like the girls have much character to go along with their archetypical nature, but at least it's there. Oh well.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (11). decent.
A big chunk of this episode was devoted to the delicate art of wiping. No, seriously. I wondered if I'd stumbled into an outtake from Seitokai Yakuindomo there. But at this point the character humor is starting to gel, so it worked out alright. Especially the segment with Otako imagining Ojou's reactions. Overall, a fun ep, though nothing hilarious.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (12). decent.
The obligatory "this is how they met" friendship episode, and it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from this show by now. I can't say it added anything to the series; it just felt like an obligation that was handled without being overly sappy or being overly boring.

6 hours ago, wolfgang said:

I thought the G1 was binned chips also. Could be wrong.

Could be. Only took a quick look over the specs. But feeling dumb for something else. Google drive history tab? Figures there is no way to delete it. Spend some time searching for a solution to no avail. Why google. 

Great these filenames are stuck there forever. Edit: Nevermind.. Only had to use the browser version. Pls end me

Spoiler

ffs.png.f56efcd84cee2c27758affd6f236491d

Finally got around to Mirai Nikki. Felt like I was watching Death Note, and couldn't tell whether I really hated it or not... I still can't, but this Yuno chick is pretty amusing. 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I don't really know how this thread works but I'll just ask here; have anyone here seen Erased or Boku dake ga Inai Machi? It was amazing, only 12 episodes and finished this week. I highly recommend it to anyone whom likes anime.

27 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I don't really know how this thread works but I'll just ask here; have anyone here seen Erased or Boku dake ga Inai Machi? It was amazing, only 12 episodes and finished this week. I highly recommend it to anyone whom likes anime.

uh.. everyone.

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

2 minutes ago, Crowes said:

uh.. everyone.

Then what did you think about it?

31 minutes ago, Loleo said:

saw the former. the first 2/3s were pretty great. after that, it went down... though i don't blame anyone for it since the show had to end somehow 

It's been a long time since I marathoned an anime like I just did with Kokoro Connect.

Pretty good, it's definitely in my top 10 romance anime and close to the very top.

I'm not very good with reviews, so I'll just say this:

This anime was on my wait list for a long time, the sinopsis didn't said a lot and thus I let it sit there, this anime was another good example to me of how the sinopsis doesn't really make justice to the anime in itself, sometimes you just need to take the risk and watch for yourself even if that means that you end up wasting your time.

I really liked this anime but I  didn't watched it for a long time because the sinopsis kept turning me off, I'm glad I finally did, like I said it's been a long time since I enjoyed an anime this much.

And this turned out longer than expected :P

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

1 hour ago, azurezeed said:

It's been a long time since I marathoned an anime like I just did with Kokoro Connect.

Pretty good, it's definitely in my top 10 romance anime and close to the very top.

This anime was on my wait list for a long time, the sinopsis didn't said a lot and thus I let it sit there, this anime was another good example to me of how the sinopsis doesn't really make justice to the anime in itself, sometimes you just need to take the risk and watch for yourself even if that means that you end up wasting your time.

I really liked this anime but I  didn't watched it for a long time because the sinopsis kept turning me off, I'm glad I finally did, like I said it's been a long time since I enjoyed an anime this much.

I like it but unfortunately the producers did some bullshit and caused everyone to make sure the show failed in both views and sales. Otherwise it was a great series.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

I like it but unfortunately the producers did some bullshit and caused everyone to make sure the show failed in both views and sales. Otherwise it was a great series.

Too bad.

I think I'll read the light novels later, since it seems like there won't be a second season for the anime ever.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

3 hours ago, azurezeed said:

1 hour ago, azurezeed said:

I think I'll read the light novels later, since it seems like there won't be a second season for the anime ever.

I always felt like Kokoro Connect was a tad short, but it's nonetheless a great show. One of my first, even. Inaba's a really good character, too.

3 minutes ago, Crowes said:

I always felt like Kokoro Connect was a tad short, but it's nonetheless a great show. One of my first, even. Inaba's a really good character, too.

thats true. though the ova for kokoro connect really tied it up from what i remember. still a great show and one of the few that i can watch more than a few times

gif.gif.6e9a28a56e7d39af2ed75f01a7ceb727

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

and ltt still hasn't fixed their shit..... taking multiple mins to save a post... this is why i left in the first place

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

and ltt still hasn't fixed their shit..... taking multiple mins to save a post... this is why i left in the first place

Yup. If it takes more than about 10s then it's just a visual error -- the post will have been submitted. The front-end seems to just hang.

Edited by Crowes
Even happened with this post.

2 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Oh that famous one liner. Bad I had cola all over the place.

you talking about kokoro connect

Spoiler

the i masturbate to you too line from inaba

1 minute ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Hide contents

Yeah. That's how you kill a keyboard. All sticky.

2 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Technically, it was "I've masturbated to you too."

;)

Just now, SparkyRain said:

Yeah. That's how you kill a keyboard. All sticky.

that line was hilarious tho

2 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

Darn posts not going thru.. LTT please

oh the forum has always been shit and unreliable with time you will learn to copy things before hitting submit if it is long enough to care about its contents anyways.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

oh the forum has always been shit and unreliable with time you will learn to copy things before hitting submit if it is long enough to care about its contents anyways.

It usually submits if you leave it anyway. Then F5.

5 minutes ago, Crowes said:

It usually submits if you leave it anyway. Then F5.

even with the old forum before the update I would have it hang on posting and have the chat box lose connection to the forum... 

as a result I tend to open a new tab to check if it went through when it does that. Normally it goes through right away and its just your end that is thinking.

@TheProfosist So... I just finished marathoning Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex season 1....

This was a really good series.... Looks like I gotta grab Season 2 now. I wish more animes could carry this level of quality....

f0f07b9e33d856b7651f62ef2b5a3f63cf059569

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^