Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I do when making threads, but its out of date. 

we need a better way

it's grown so large a spreadsheet is unwieldy.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

31 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Let's see if that works @MyInnerFred Yes that's a reimu.

Waiting for this http://www.bakuon-anime.com/ to come out. Probably should waste some time with a diffrent show.

Just watched the trailer for Bakuon, and I all I can say is that I feel sorry for that poor cyclist who was blown away at 0:58. xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

44 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I've been getting a large number of emails from funimation and other sites about Hero Academia. Is it in anyway related to Little Witch Academia? 

Nope. Completely different "theme highschool" anime.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Add what I suggested already, one add keeps Charger productive for one day.  Come on you know he needs to be more productive. /s

The spreadsheet needs to die. It's far more work than it is useful at this point. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why not just take out what animes haven't been watched, add the current ones, and make a word doc or something far more simple?

So your suggestion to it being more work than usefulness is more work?

1 minute ago, SparkyRain said:

No idea what's going down

orin-popcorn.gif

just one guy complaining about the spreadsheets for the club

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

8 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

No idea what's going down

orin-popcorn.gif

nothing of importance just me complaining about keeping up a spreadsheet of member recommendations that has been used to make polls for picking what anime the club talks about each week (when the club thread production is back to normal that is)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK9o-vK4VxkvQz5Mtjpes3_VodvqmzQ4eez7mzqvTes/

What a mess. Wouldn't that be a tad bit easier to make a general myanimelist to have the watched things sorted away?

if y'all like old-animation and Japanese culture, or perhaps old fashioned culture of how men acted and what it meant to defend yourself and what it meant to be a part of sport,

I would recommend Aa Harimanada

still have 5 eps to go though so can't say good/bad ending

Shipping sucks

Just now, SparkyRain said:

Can be fixed with underpayed workers. 

or interns, they do live in the US after all

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Charger's too lazy for that, Fred can't be reached for further comments, and the other dude is never around.  

well he can be found just not in the club

Spoiler

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Calm down, NSA.

we NSA dont calm down, you should know that by now

Spoiler

Yay, had some time to catch up on manga.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c272-281). decent.
Not bad, but so far nothing particularly interesting has happened with this whole "sleep over" concept. Here's hoping they take this a bit further (though 281 was surprisingly funny).

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (c368). decent.
There were some fun ideas in this chapter and it felt less repetitive than expected. They just weren't particularly funny, so it didn't hit any highs.

Kotonoba Drive manga (c22). decent.
Nothing new or particularly interesting happened, which is a problem for a manga that's apparently winding down. It's hard to tell if the subtler stuff (Sue seems to be aging as the chapters go by, for instance) is something to be taken seriously, and that kind of stuff is hardly enough to win me over in a manga that has offered better in the past. Good enough, if they start really going somewhere soon, but otherwise a throw-away chapter as far as I'm concerned.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni manga (c9-10). decent.
I can dig on a story where they actually have the characters act realistically their ages, and doubly so when they take the subject matter pretty seriously. The story's advancing pretty slowly, though. The charm of the characters is still a bit limited, too. They have that "constructed" feel to them, making it difficult to really feel like I should be rooting for them or not (aside from the fact that it's the obvious choice). Still, there's plenty of room for it to grow into something memorable.

Actually, I'm... manga (c117). decent.
There wasn't much to this chapter in terms of comedy or progression, but it was an ok reminder that this manga does have a bit more to it than just comedy. It was a nice reveal Genjirou shares a dream with the kids, and could make for some nice character work if they want to aim that high.

Otoyomegatari manga (c53). good.
This was surprisingly cute. Always nice to see a convincing tsundere being convincingly tsundere. I'm glad the series is settling into some slice of life with a bit of variety, too. Having A and B plots really helps when you're contrasting relationships and their growth.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome (c27). decent.
Now that the drug PSA stuff is mostly done, this chapter wasn't so obnoxious to me. I'm still completely unsold on the romance elements in the story, so that's not really cutting it either, but at least they're less silly than the drug stuff. Hopefully the story will return to form now.

My Hero Academia (c83). decent.
The obvious plot progresses a bit, and not much else. The aftermath of the attack is shown to include two missing persons, which is an interesting detail, and otherwise things aren't very surprising. It's not "bad formulaic", but it's still formulaic. With luck it won't be a case of two factions of heroes jumping idiotically into action, but that seems to be what's in the cards. They even had the usual "there's a traitor among us" plot point, so it seems doubtful that this plot will contain much other than already-well-trodden material.

Letter Bee manga (c95). so-so.
Well, this chapter was a blur of events that should have had more gravitas. There's honestly no shortage of creativity on display here; it's just misplaced. It feels like they're just tacking on interesting details for another story which actually built up to them properly. With a better script this could have been something creative throughout,  like Music of Marie, but it's honestly fumbling pretty badly here, with repetitive sentiments and a distinct lack of purpose for all the characters other than "they all have to be here in the end". I'm disappointed with this on a narrative level, and feel the author sold themselves rather short so far. I hope the finale is at least marginally satisfying.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

@azurezeed

Im going to assume you are agreeing with that making me weird lol

Lol no, wrong button then :P

I just agree that's a good anime/manga

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Just now, azurezeed said:

Lol no, wrong button then :P

I just agree that's a good anime/manga

There is no wrong button. There is only the agree button. I just assume most people have not watched the anime or even know what it is.

There is no wrong button. There is only the agree button. I just assume most people have not watched the anime or even know what it is.

I watched it because you mentioned it a while back, and yeah the agree button... Ok...

5 minutes ago, azurezeed said:

I watched it because you mentioned it a while back, and yeah the agree button... Ok...

When they changed the like system I just moved to agree as my generic like lol. Thumbs up is probably the better generic like but it was not the option when I started using agree.

When they changed the like system I just moved to agree as my generic like lol. Thumbs up is probably the better generic like but it was not the option when I started using agree.

I did the same thing, yeah it was good point, and agree was the better substitute for like

so, I don't blame you lol

7 hours ago, themaniac said:

whats everyone hyped for this year(or atleast wants to see this year) i am hyped for the sequel to this(its not anime related though) it might be out late this month or april http://mysterybensmysteryblog.tumblr.com/post/141276864938/progress-report-hey-all-the-team-and-i-have-some

I posted about this last year when it came out and everyone ignored me....

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

6 hours ago, Charger said:

nothing of importance just me complaining about keeping up a spreadsheet of member recommendations that has been used to make polls for picking what anime the club talks about each week (when the club thread production is back to normal that is)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK9o-vK4VxkvQz5Mtjpes3_VodvqmzQ4eez7mzqvTes/

I facepalmed, after I read my recommendations... sooo bad xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, that's the FBI dealing with Apple.

but the FBI backed down, we NSA never back down

Spoiler