Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

So it really is just a salty author impersonating... Thanks for informing me/us.

Salty? Impersonating? No, its satire. Its a joke.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

So it really is just a salty author impersonating... Thanks for informing me/us.

Salty? Is that what the kids are calling satire these days?

On 3/21/2016 at 11:16 PM, brownninja97 said:

Thought id watch fairy tail again and omg the magic counsel you kind of just want to kill them, all of them. 

That reminds me FT 2014 ends Saturday. Guess we'll be waiting another 2 years for it to return again.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

On 3/22/2016 at 11:04 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

AnimeMaru's a joke news site, so don't take their stuff seriously. If your standards are REALLY low right now then Phantom World might be watchable. Euphonium's more of a highschool character drama, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're after a comedy/adventure romp.

Kinda sounds like saying "I'm hoping it's more of a slap across the face than a kick to the crotch", but at this point we're all getting kinda desperate for better anime so I have to grudgingly agree.

Well... a slap to the face and a kick to the crotch is better than something closer to emasculation. As much as I'd like the quality of the shows to rise, I can't expect it to get better 10 fold in a day, but if it happens then raise the standards from there. I mean, improvement has to start somewhere, but damn... 

1 hour ago, WynLore said:

Well... a slap to the face and a kick to the crotch is better than something closer to emasculation. As much as I'd like the quality of the shows to rise, I can't expect it to get better 10 fold in a day, but if it happens then raise the standards from there. I mean, improvement has to start somewhere, but damn... 

Well... there *are* still good anime they could model after, so I'd rather that they aim a bit higher, that's all :)

49 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well... there *are* still good anime they could model after, so I'd rather that they aim a bit higher, that's all :)

if we get more things like the ghost stories dub than a few bad anime can be good lol

Finally got around to watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions and it was really good tbh. Going to go probabaly buy the Bluray for it to add it to my collection.

Also been watching DBZ Super, Dagashi Kashi and ordered my Date a Live Season 2 so looking forward to watch that too. ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

9 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

Finally got around to watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions and it was really good tbh. Going to go probabaly buy the Bluray for it to add it to my collection.

Also been watching DBZ Super, Dagashi Kashi and ordered my Date a Live Season 2 so looking forward to watch that too. ^_^

well you have a shana avatar so I would expect you to like it lol. I liked it as well.

5fedd7D.gif

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

well you have a shana avatar so I would expect you to like it lol. I liked it as well.

5fedd7D.gif

Ha this part was really funny. I love the way she just skips in to the train and confuses him.

But she doesn't have the same personality as Shana though.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, there are still good anime out there, but seeing as how the trend is today on what sells, 6 times out of 10 (to say the least... at most it ends up with atleast an 8 and a half), shows like SAO (not the genre its based on, but rather the shallowness in terms of a show) or whatever mold that came from contributed or spawned another mold on how to go lower, makes a significant amount of money that one could say from a business standpoint, a shallow, hollow, essentially lack actual substance can essentially make alot of money, making its efficiency in terms of monetary and time budget to make the product and spend a considerably large part of their budget on marketting, very profitable. 

One could argue that the lack of support contributes as to why the quality has dropped. As much as I do buy blu-rays, DVDs, even other products like figures, memorabilias, so on and so forth, whatever I can buy to monetarily support what I enjoy so they can keep producing more, much like alot of other people, but it seems that there isn't enough people who support shows that aren't like SAO. And that really pisses me off. Sure, if they favor those kinds of shows then more power to them, but damn... all fans in general deserve better.

2 hours ago, WynLore said:

Well, there are still good anime out there, but seeing as how the trend is today on what sells. [snip] all fans in general deserve better.

As long as there are one or two decent anime a season, I'm ok with it. I don't really think all fans deserve better, though. Most of them seem genuinely happy with the dreck that's being pumped out. They just want a pretty and shallow experience like Chuunibyou, not something that will stick with them aside from a couple of animated gifs. Which is fine, but ultimately the medium is largely whatever its fans want it to be (Japanese fans, anyway).

7 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

As long as there are one or two decent anime a season, I'm ok with it. I don't really think all fans deserve better, though. Most of them seem genuinely happy with the dreck that's being pumped out. They just want a pretty and shallow experience like Chuunibyou, not something that will stick with them aside from a couple of animated gifs. Which is fine, but ultimately the medium is largely whatever its fans want it to be (Japanese fans, anyway).

To be fair, I've realised at this point I don't mind the odd drizzle of shallow as long as I ensure to compensate in the really, genuinely good stuff more of the time. Sadly, that pool of content I can compensate with is running dryer, and isn't refilling itself as new seasons pass -- well, quite as quickly as I like.

I think I recall of debate of this stuff becoming relevant because it does sell amongst those Japanese fans, and that the stuff I find myself liking to compensate with... well, doesn't. Not nearly as much.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, I was gonna reply... until @Crowes pretty much said what I wanted to say, only better.

2 hours ago, Crowes said:

To be fair, I've realised at this point I don't mind the odd drizzle of shallow as long as I ensure to compensate in the really, genuinely good stuff more of the time. Sadly, that pool of content I can compensate with is running dryer, and isn't refilling itself as new seasons pass -- well, quite as quickly as I like.

I think I recall of debate of this stuff becoming relevant because it does sell amongst those Japanese fans, and that the stuff I find myself liking to compensate with... well, doesn't. Not nearly as much.

If these shallow shows help in funding studios making genuinely good stuff, then I'm fine with it. But... it seems like they're content with that, and anime fans are of different generations. I'm sure even 80s anime had shows as shallow as what we see today, probably worse compared to the shallow ones we have today (Just a guess since every generation in any form of entertainment or anything in general that have moments, things, etc... that are as bad if not worse than today. I mean, as a wrestling fan, even WWE's Attitude Era had pretty bad matches, bookings, moments in general and some were even worse than what WWE is right now.), but we can't just let anime right now just wallow up on itself with the cash they get on anime that have more face-value than substance. Guys like A1, Kyoto Animation, and the likes have to produce genuinely good stuff more often than once or twice. And yeah... I didn't really wanna mention Kyoto Animation, but I can see some cracks with what they've been releasing... I hope the cracks are mended soon.

3 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

They just want a pretty and shallow experience like Chuunibyou, not something that will stick with them aside from a couple of animated gifs. 

Well that seems like a direct statement to what we were talking about earlier in this thread.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I forgot to watch Erased yesterday, so that's happening today.  Also, Paypal is a dick. o.O  Like seriously, wtf?!  

To quote myself, "I only asked for 2 bucks back from the fail transaction. o.O I didn't say give me the whole fucking order's amount back. FFS Paypal. I mean I don't completely mind the entire 11 bucks back, but at the same time, a majority of the order was there! Now, I feel bad that you just ripped 8-9 undeeded bucks off of G2A. I only asked for 2 something bucks! Not all the sellers fucked up!"

well now you know to live with a lose of $2 rather than fucking over everyone that you bought from.

ERASED

8/10

I'm too lazy too make a full review.

(The ending was lukewarm)

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

@Charger

y are u never on discord?

Also, Fred wants to know if Tenjou Tenge is one of your favorite anime.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

I tend to avoid voice chats for the most part. 

I have no idea what tenjou tenge is.

No one voice chats on it. Pretty much ever. It's an easier to use text chat. Like IRC but with better features.

If I take a screenshot, I can hit Ctrl+V to paste it directly in chat. It gets uploaded and everyone can see it. No need to save it as a file first. With Greenshot's ability to capture a specific region of my screen, it's great. 

tenjou_tenge_by_ros_euphie.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

9 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Well then. Hello you people.

Howdy!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

11 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Well then. Hello you people.

Hi, welcome to the club, now i shall dissappear into the shadows and lurk while struggling with math

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Hi, welcome to the club, now i shall dissappear into the shadows and lurk while struggling with math

well... I definitely read that as "struggling with meth"