Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
16 hours ago, TopWargamer said:

Oh my goodness. I really need to get my travel partner confirmation so I can start ordering the tickets. Best deal I've seen so far!

bfbc012a40.png

I'm free next week ;) How about 1 week in Japan? xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Srry for doubleposting or sth but I just realized that Gintama isn't really a thing for me xD

OnePunch man was okay because it was like first gag-anime and only few episodes. 

I just started watching Fate/Zero and wondering why I dropped it so quickly ... I should probably continue Mushishi but I got confused when I was in Tenerife because I didn't name downloaded episodes....! I have watched like episodes 1-6 and 9 - 12 or sth, not sure but I should try to find out it while I still remember what I have watched ;)

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar and Luck & Logic any good? gona check out this 2 anime as people been saying they're pretty good. hmmm

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

People really like Oreki. He's mainstream now.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

1 hour ago, ManOfDisguise said:

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar and Luck & Logic any good? gona check out this 2 anime as people been saying they're pretty good. hmmm

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is pretty good, but the pacing is very slow, so keep that in mind. I like it a lot though, the art is lovely and the atmosphere is nice.

Luck and Logic isn't so great though. It's alright, but not something I'd recommend watching.

Just now, scottyseng said:

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is pretty good, but the pacing is very slow, so keep that in mind. I like it a lot though, the art is lovely and the atmosphere is nice.

Luck and Logic isn't so great though. It's alright, but not something I'd recommend watching.

Cool, will try to check Grimgar out then. 

What makes Luck and Logic not that good to you? Just wana know to know more about it, the pros and cons, etc.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

5 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

Cool, will try to check Grimgar out then. 

What makes Luck and Logic not that good to you? Just wana know to know more about it, the pros and cons, etc.

It does have a mild amount of fanservice. The characters are pretty meh (I want to know more about the MC's backstory but they haven't shown it yet...but they've shown the backstory for most of the side characters). The side characters often say they won't do something then end up doing it by the end of the ep. The CG enemies can be a bit weird looking at time. It's about half actually dealing with the enemy, and half drama between characters in the team.

I'm still watching it because I like to complete what I start (Unless it's like super horridly bad). I also want to see if they will reveal anything about the MC's past (Which looks to be cool).

The other really neat show of this season is Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

2 hours ago, ManOfDisguise said:

Grimgar's a shock value anime, so don't go in expecting much else (the writing's pretty weak). Ditto Erased/Boku dake ga Inai Machi, but that one at least seems to know what it is, and is putting its best foot forward.

The other good anime is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, but it's a character drama so most younger viewers or action fans won't care for it.

Luck and Logic is just a standard shounen series with light novel elements, sadly. It's not particularly bad, but nothing stands out about it except how much it relies on cliches. The first ep showed signs of potential it's just not tapping, and writing is quite weak. Think Nobunagun.

The popular comedies are Dagashikashi (boring glorified ad with T&A and a couple chuckles here and there) and KonoSuba (runs its jokes into the ground, but some of them are genuinely funny and the leads have a fun dynamic). There's also Sekkou Boys if you like absurdist comedy.

39 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

It does have a mild amount of fanservice. The characters are pretty meh (I want to know more about the MC's backstory but they haven't shown it yet...but they've shown the backstory for most of the side characters). The side characters often say they won't do something then end up doing it by the end of the ep. The CG enemies can be a bit weird looking at time. It's about half actually dealing with the enemy, and half drama between characters in the team.

I'm still watching it because I like to complete what I start (Unless it's like super horridly bad). I also want to see if they will reveal anything about the MC's past (Which looks to be cool).

The other really neat show of this season is Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

Ah ok thanks for that explanation. Yea Boku dake ga inai Machi is awesome. 

Specs of my PC:

Just now, ManOfDisguise said:

Ah ok thanks for that explanation. Yea Boku dake ga inai Machi is awesome. One of the anime I'm currently watching

4 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Grimgar's a shock value anime, so don't go in expecting much else (the writing's pretty weak). Ditto Erased/Boku dake ga Inai Machi, but that one at least seems to know what it is, and is putting its best foot forward.

The other good anime is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, but it's a character drama so most younger viewers or action fans won't care for it.

Luck and Logic is just a standard shounen series with light novel elements, sadly. It's not particularly bad, but nothing stands out about it except how much it relies on cliches. The first ep showed signs of potential it's just not tapping, and writing is quite weak. Think Nobunagun.

The popular comedies are Dagashikashi (boring glorified ad with T&A and a couple chuckles here and there) and KonoSuba (runs its jokes into the ground, but some of them are genuinely funny and the leads have a fun dynamic). There's also Sekkou Boys if you like absurdist comedy.

I thought I would hate Sekko Boys when I saw the first ep but I actually really like it and it's only 7 min long anyway so even if an episode is bad it won't waste a lot of my time :P

Dagashi Kashi I had to drop I just didn't like it :/

Specs of my PC:

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

-snip-

Yeah, messing with jails / prisons isn't cool. Last thing we'd want is for someone to get out of one. You're probably right about the XP part...some of the city halls here still run XP. That, and if you did, the FBI would ask for another backdoor for them. haha.

Weird , I don't get any notifications from the thread 0.o

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

1 minute ago, TheGingerKid said:

Weird , I don't get any notifications from the thread 0.o

I've found that I had to enable notifications in my LTT profile, then either keep an eye on the browser tab, or let my browser allow LTT to show me pop-up notifications.

ummm What happeend to good point thing? Just used it on @valdyrgramr post but it seems they have changed it to "thumbs up"?.

Odd:o

2 minutes ago, Typho said:

ummm What happeend to good point thing? Just used it on @valdyrgramr post but it seems they have changed it to "thumbs up"?.

Odd:o

I guess they heard our complaints about not having a generic "like" option, and figured it was close enough to "good point" to just merge the two together into a "thumbs up" option?

36 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I guess they heard our complaints about not having a generic "like" option, and figured it was close enough to "good point" to just merge the two together into a "thumbs up" option?

i dont know... it may be too late because I have already started agreeing with everything...

Just now, Charger said:

i dont know... it may be too late because I have already started agreeing with everything...

Well, I suppose you might as well "thumbs up" everything instead now ;)

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, I suppose you might as well "thumbs up" everything instead now ;)

but its on the opposite side of where I now click without thinking... lol

Btw @BashZeStampeedo Have you seen Fate/Zero? If you have which one do you prefer Zero or UBW?

Why? :D

2 hours ago, Typho said:

Btw @BashZeStampeedo Have you seen Fate/Zero? If you have which one do you prefer Zero or UBW?

Why? :D

In my humble opinion both of them aren't what they're cracked up to be, but Zero is the better-written show so I prefer it. Urobutcher is actually almost competent at writing a narrative compared to Nasu, though neither of them are able to write compelling characters (you really have to do all the work as the viewer). The Rider/Waver stuff in Zero made the show for me because it came the closest to being compelling, whereas Stay Night would have to be totally broken down and rebuilt into a proper story before it would be any good as an anime (and no studio has the balls to do that in modern times).

Got back to watching Prince of Stride(kind of dropped it) and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Not saying it's amazing, but just...how to put it...casually good I guess. I thought Riku would be another OP MC with some hidden power and that he would just accelerate to victory in every race but that's definitely not the case so that's pretty cool.

Specs of my PC:

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar Got their channel deleted for the 6th time or?

Also, I forgot I entered this.

@That_Random_Guy

56cd1507c3047_sothishappened.JPG.14f87fe

the hell man lol. you and wolfgang won today lol he got the leds.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

He won too? xD 

I got a random message from Nick, and thought I was in trouble or something.  Turns out I won too.  What I won was leds as well red ones for Vashy.

What is this giveaway you talk about? I don't really pay attention to lmg giveaways and never really enter them.