Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I started One Punch Man. I wanna discuss it with someone.

Kill_la_Kill_Hype_Thrusters.gif

I just watched Spirited Away and started Death Note. Hell I'm late to the party. I definitely plan to watch some more Ghibli movies before continuing Death Note, though. 

NGVQfjG.png

(http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Crowes?status=6&order=11&tag=)

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Bose Companion 2s or Logitech Z150s?  I have the Bose ones, but they can be annoying.

Get proper bookshelf speakers! Not those!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

temp.JPG.bcef657bfbbf70b642b3131569b202e

I was borrowing the boses from my dad, and I got these to hold me over for now.  In December, I'm going 5.1.  I'm more into 5.1 and 7.1, but if I had the budget at the moment I'd get amazing bookshelf ones.  I have a 7.1 gaming headset to help, though.

7.1 surround sound gaming headsets are gimmicks. 

Man you really need to win a proper headphone giveaway....

There is a very high likelihood any of these below are better than whatever 7.1 gaming headset you have.

E41Yrsu.jpg?1

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Oh my goodness. I really need to get my travel partner confirmation so I can start ordering the tickets. Best deal I've seen so far!

bfbc012a40.png

COMIC SANS

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Finished To Love-Ru.  10/10 would cancer jiggle again.  @That_Random_Guy  I beat the cancer!  Watched all 26 eps of the main series part.   Off with thy head!

K now theres motto to love ru and darkness season 1 and 2 lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

On 2/17/2016 at 0:23 AM, TopWargamer said:
1 hour ago, TopWargamer said:

Oh my goodness. I really need to get my travel partner confirmation so I can start ordering the tickets. Best deal I've seen so far!

bfbc012a40.png

Thoughts and opinions on a call center job? I would be an outsourced customer support person for Netflix and it pays $12 an hour.

http://www.snagajob.com/job-seeker/jobs/job-details.aspx?postingid=23361593&item=3&searchid=b6c2ba16-55bd-387a-63a7-95274f96573f&src=title

Doesn't seem too awfully bad. I've just never had to work in a call center before... So if any of you have any experience with that, would recommend or no?

shit that's pretty cheap

I could have probably went for lulz if I weren't already busy biting the pillow in school

Error: 410

3 minutes ago, helping said:

shit that's pretty cheap

I could have probably went for lulz if I weren't already busy biting the pillow in school

You should totes go for the lulz. Need a travel buddy anyways.

;)

COMIC SANS

20 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

You should totes go for the lulz. Need a travel buddy anyways.

;)

i would like to...

2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Being reminded that Monogatari will end one day

that's gotta sting 

Well, I'm sure they can milk it with spinoffs. Also Madoka. It's only when people get sufficiently bored with the franchises that Shaft will have to actually try again.

I'm the only one in my group that thinks that Monogatari was not really that good. The art was interesting but their method of animation was very poor in my opinion. There was too much going on that distracted the viewer from the story just to tell them things that they already know.

I'm also not a fan of the amount of fan service that they are using for no apparent reason other than to have it in there in the first place.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

25 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm the only one in my group that thinks that Monogatari was not really that good. The art was interesting but their method of animation was very poor in my opinion. There was too much going on that distracted the viewer from the story just to tell them things that they already know.

I'm also not a fan of the amount of fan service that they are using for no apparent reason other than to have it in there in the first place.

I too found it pretty underwhelming, and have only managed to get through Nisemonogatari so far. It was like watching a contest between Akiyuki Shinbou and NisioisiN to see who could be more pretentious and bury a harem series under endless empty post-modern junk. Sure, it was cute for a while, but once they started overdoing it on the fanservice as well it was like I could hear the slurping sound of their heads going up their asses.

59 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

No, no you're not.

I thought Bakemonogatari was an interesting change of pace, but the fun steadily declined from there as the glow wore off.

I had a hard time figuring out what the story was between the philosophical and moral hokum.

Content-wise I still say xxxHolic is preferable over Monogatari

Error: 410

A new boat gets released in kancolle and within a day there is 60+ pieces of fanart of her.

0fdXEE1.png

Never underestimate the power of boat girls.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I kind of liked Digibro's video on monogatari.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Mushoku Tensei manga (c20). decent.
Now why did this chapter remind me of Total Recall so much? Well anyway, it seems like the manga's gone all KonoSuba on us now. At least they've found something to base its next stories on, I guess. I just hope it can make good on the potential here, rather than simply being the usual formula for this series, where there's some overconfidence, an dramatic event, some hubris lesson learned, and so on (or worse, the usual squandering of this material in almost ever manga ever).

Chihayafuru manga (c160-162). awkward.
I enjoyed the inevitable showdown between Chihaya and Arata, but only because chapter 162 was so damn goofy. First Chihaya suddenly goes all Karuta Super Saiyan, then they start talking about sitting seiza like it'll help their kids, and it just keeps getting more and random from there until we get a hilariously contrived ending. As far as being a transition, these chapters damn near broke the manga for me, but at this point I'll take anything to recall some of the former energy and silliness of the manga. Especially since they've reduced Taichi's story to such a sad cliche that it's retroactively turning this manga into something terribly standard. I'll take any silver lining at this point.

5 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

I kind of liked Digibro's video on monogatari.

His seems to be the point of view of someone who likes to overthink pretentiously silly things, no matter how much he has to suffer as a result. I'm the same, I just have a limit to how much I'm willing to suffer :)

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Can't pick between Dororon Enma-kun and New Getter Robo. :/ Any other Go Nagai fans out there?

Both are fun, though it's hard to tell which will please a specific Nagai fan more.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Demon Lord Dante is more my thing/favorite manga and anime, but I haven't gotten into the robot stuff of his yet.  However, I do love Gundam and Zoids.

If you end up liking it, don't forget to try Giant Robo and Shin Mazinger Z-gen sometime (though for the latter, you may want to watch the first episode last, oddly enough).

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I probably will like both because one is licensed through NIS, and the other has robots.  The only robots I don't like are the fucking Transformers.  They're not more than meets the eye!  Testament is!  Anyways, even if I don't like the story/plot/characterization and so on!  I'll at least like the art because...Go Nagai.  I just have a thing for his older style even with new stuff.  It reminds me of my childhood watching bootlegs from random shut down comic/import shops and block buster's old anime vhs collection.  I always rented the ones not meant for kids hoping for that kinda adult stuff, and ones like Ninja Scroll when I was like 10-12 before my mom got us DSL 16 years ago.  God I feel old saying that.

Heh. Transformers were fine, it's not like we had a lot of non-marketing-driven cartoons for kids back then. At least it was one of the better ones of its time. Well, until Michael Bay got his mitts on it.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I was more into Voltron back then and Battle of the Planets re-runs.  Transformers annoyed me with that, "GI Joe" After school special vibe feel to it that I resented due to being forced to watch Captain Planet by hippie parents.

Heh. I can see that. North American cartoons back then were pretty much for the little kids, and full of trite aesops and dumbed-down junk as a result (even the ones farmed out to Eastern animators). But I always found it funny, and was young enough at the time to adore the concept (even if it was a marketing cannon aimed squarely at me. I mean, transforming robot cars and jets? Forgetaboutit.)

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I was more into barbaric stuff and anime when I was a lil kid.  Taz, the Herculoids(my favorite) Birdman, Space Ghost, the Flinstones, and the Jetsons oddly.  However, when I turned 8 I was more interested in whatever Cartoon Network slapped me in the face with like Courage, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's lab, and all that crap.  DBZ really got me back into anime then came all the different Gundams.  The one off putting Gundam was Gundam SD.  That show was dumb.  The one with the chibi Gundam that followed that kid around.

I would probably have been into that stuff if it was around when I was a kid. I mean, it wasn't just Transformers and He-Man, my favorite series as a kid was by far Astroboy, and Yamato/Star Blazers and Mysterious Cities of Gold really struck a chord with me when I got a little older.

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I was more into the fucked up stuff and gore stuff when I was 10 with anime.  When I was 6 my dad accidently put on that one Friday the 13th where Jason jumps down from the ceiling then cuts that guy's head off.  Not the best move when your son has Asperger's Syndrome; however, he was trying to sleep and I was up late due to my ADHD.  I started pushing more into Blockbuster's gore selection+anime selection due to that...well, and my cousin telling an Aspie not to watch Ninja Scroll.  My mom walked in on that one scene with the demon dude doing something real adult rated to that girl in a tree.  The ya know famous scene.  I almost broke the tape rewinding like 300+ times in one sitting.

Heh. I was a really timid and sensitive kid before I hit junior high (I'm told I even cried when I was 2 because I saw a fly with a broken wing). I don't know if I even saw any slasher stuff before I was 10, but I'd surely remember it vividly if I was 6.

Ninja Scroll type stuff was already kinda old hat to me when I first saw it, but it was definitely the kind of thing I'd have hidden from prying eyes. Heck, Nuku Nuku was already too much for most people in my area. I can't imagine what they'd think of that scene you mentioned. Different times. Now people probably wouldn't bat an eye to see that kind of thing on network TV.

Man One Punch Man was so awesome. I pre-judged it badly, i enjoyed it very very much.

Can't wait for another season. I was adding it to my anime list and i saw there are 6 specials and an OVA? I seem to only find 2/6 specials, the other 4 ones are not out yet?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

6 hours ago, eelnico09 said:

Man One Punch Man was so awesome. I pre-judged it badly, i enjoyed it very very much.

Can't wait for another season. I was adding it to my anime list and i saw there are 6 specials and an OVA? I seem to only find 2/6 specials, the other 4 ones are not out yet?

What was awesome about it for you (aside from the action scene animation and OP)?