Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
38 minutes ago, Opask said:

Question for you discord guys.

Can we use telegram instead? Its open source, libre*, supports all platforms, encrypted, and allows the sending files of any size and type. You don't need an account or username and if you don't have one the only way to message you is through an invite link.

Basically it's just a better, open sourced discord.

*turns out the servers run proprietary software. But the api and the rest of the app are libre. And they swear by the encryption(they are offering $200,000 btc for whoever cracks it) so the proprietary server software shouldn't be a problem.

I'd say sure go ahead but a large number of us have already started using discord as our chat platform. It's been the most successful one to date as our chat platform in fact. Steam group chat lost traction very fast.

6 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Help from Discord people?

Something happened. Very descriptive, I know. All of a sudden I can't see the chat anymore, it isn't on that list on the side, and It won't let me rejoin through Vitalius' link.

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i'm getting a partial outage message 

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Yup, it's down.

Discord is back up and running.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

8 minutes ago, Charger said:

what freedom? lol

My freedom to look through the source and change and recompile/remove things or build it for another platform or whatever.

Not that I would necessarily do that but I can if I want to. People can and have looked though it to see that it doesn't sell your data. Unlike with discord where you just have to place your trust in some random entity and hope they aren't lying.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Discord is back up and running.

Discord has a mobile version. Automatically beats steam.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 minute ago, Opask said:

My freedom to look through the source and change and recompile/remove things or build it for another platform or whatever.

Not that I would necessarily do that but I can if I want to. People can and have looked though it to see that it doesn't sell your data. Unlike with discord where you just have to place your trust in some random entity and hope they aren't lying.

Well I think it's safe to say that almost 99% of everything we post on it from what I see isn't worth selling. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I'd say sure go ahead but a large number of us have already started using discord as our chat platform. It's been the most successful one to date as our chat platform in fact. Steam group chat lost traction very fast. 

Just because our steam, vent, mumble, irc chats failed doesn't mean anything lol.

1 minute ago, Opask said:

As you said your self the server side isn't open so you already lost that fight.

13 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Well I think it's safe to say that almost 99% of everything we post on it from what I see isn't worth selling. 

I'm not saying its lol. I just choose not to use services provided by company's that I can't fill trust anymore. The ones I'm already engrained in whatever but I have no reason to add more to that list.

Like I said though it's my personal choice.

11 minutes ago, Charger said:

Just because our steam, vent, mumble, irc chats failed doesn't mean anything lol.

As you said your self the server side isn't open so you already lost that fight.

Yes but the point is that it's encrypted client side not server side. And they have provided $200 000 worthof incentive for someone to crack it. But its basically impossible. You might be able to brute force giving a year or two and a botnet but its incredibly unlikely.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

3 minutes ago, Opask said:

I'm not saying its lol. I just choose not to use services provided by company's that I can't fill trust anymore. The ones I'm already engrained in whatever but I have no reason to add more to that list.

Like I said though it's my personal choice.

Yes but the point is that it's encrypted client side not server side. And they have provided $200 000 worthof incentive for someone to crack it. But its basically impossible. You might be able to brute force giving a year or two and a botnet but its incredibly unlikely.

One of our members dug around and found this: 

Relevant to the conversation at hand, thought I'd share.

14 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

One of our members dug around and found this: 

Relevant to the conversation at hand, thought I'd share.

That is a really poor reason for it not to be encrypted. I wonder how they justify other apps supporting that feature.

Well anyways not only are all chats encrypted in telegram but the secret chat doesn't even leave a trace of the message passing through their servers. And if one of the clients deletes a message it will get deleted on the other client as well.

It was just a suggestion anyways. I was just sharing my opinion. I care about my privacy its fine if you guys don't but thats why I refuse to use discord.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Opask said:

It was just a suggestion anyways. I was just sharing my opinion. I care about my privacy its fine if you guys don't but thats why I refuse to use discord.

nothing wrong with the suggestion but you need to convince the people that are using discord or setup your own system and try and get people to join it.

Much of Code Geass is worth watching for the music alone.

5 hours ago, wolfgang said:

The card artifacts. Heavily. Due to vram issues. So windows throws a fit and wont let the card fully run because it has issues. 

Well, that sucks :/. Not much use arguing with hardware

failure. I assume it does it despite not being plugged into a

monitor?

Probably not the case, but maybe try to re-install drivers,

just to give it a shot?

50 minutes ago, tobben said:

monitor?

just to give it a shot?

Since you are interested in helping, I have a weird issue of my own. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 hour ago, tobben said:

monitor?

just to give it a shot?

Yeah. With it as a secondary card it does not even show up anywhere in windows. With or without a monitor.

As the only card in the system it shows up but says driver error in device manager. IIRC. Tried reinstalling driver with it as only card in system and no change. Looks nice I guess.

Blarg

kono sabarashi is another grab at the "adventurers questin' to level up in another world" genre but it's more of a slapstick version of all of them

though predictable, I don't think having a strong plot was the intent. It has some endearing stupidity in it though.

I can already tell this is going to be another 13 episode commercial or similar to chestia and the dungeon raiders with no actual plot and not even a vague suggestion of a resolution.

Error: 410

Just now, helping said:

kono sabarashi is another grab at the "adventurers questin' to level up in another world" genre but it's more of a slapstick version of all of them

though predictable, I don't think having a strong plot was the intent. It has some endearing stupidity in it though.

I can already tell this is going to be another 13 episode commercial or similar to chestia and the dungeon raiders with no actual plot and not even a vague suggestion of a resolution.

It's not meant to be something with a serious plot imo...

2 minutes ago, DigitalHermit said:

It's not meant to be something with a serious plot imo...

...well yeah, that's exactly what I said.

all 3 of the main characters are essentially useless so I don't think they'll ever do anything other than awkwardly fidget around

which isn't a bad thing but that makes it pretty clear we're stalling at the starting line.

Error: 410

17 hours ago, Charger said:

what freedom? lol

Freedom is an illusion

Yep lol indeed

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Wow, Discord turned this place into am actual forum thread and not a chatroom.

@Helping, we all know Hestia is bestia. Still waiting on season 2.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

8 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Wow, Discord turned this place into am actual forum thread and not a chatroom.

Helping, we all know Hestia is bestia. Still waiting on season 2.

I dont think she was even needed in the anime lol

I dont think she was even needed in the anime lol

Not one bit lol

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

ya but Aiz Wallenstein or Ryu Lion could have filled that roll and not been useless as a character lol

Nah, makes too much senses.

ya but Aiz Wallenstein or Ryu Lion could have filled that roll and not been useless as a character lol

But mascots are useless by definition. Just look at Teddy in Persona 4.