Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

Are you talking about Saint Seiya?

no

it's broken

welcome to the theme of my life and a good chunk of yours as a future engineer

the glass is too large, you say?

nope, shits broken, get the mop to clean up your perspective metaphors off the floor

i'm a lead tip away from a crisis about everything breaking

Error: 410

aw steam your such a troll. refunded my FO4 season pass and went to preorder ninja storm 4 and the dlc, because why not and apparently theres a 24 hour hold on them funds. lol  

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

That looks interesting, but what do you mean by censoring? Is it one of those rpg games where it tries to be appealing by slapping pointless fan service in our faces?

@Opask sorry but the game seems to be steam activated... So physical or not, you're stuck with steam.

Its part dating sim as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure about that. It says steam code for the all ages version but also says steam activated.  Either way at least the physical version won't be censored just to fall in line with valves standards. (ie cartoon breasts bad, normal breasts fine)

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Couldn't access my list or profile page quickly because now they have dedicated buttons for that and those do not exist on the old theme I was using. 

Ah, I just made my account after I forgot my old one.  It looks different than I remember.

no

welcome to the theme of my life and a good chunk of yours as a future engineer

the glass is too large, you say?

nope, shits broken, get the mop to clean up your perspective metaphors off the floor

l7e6f.jpg

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 3 2200g(buying a 3900x in August for it) | CPU Cooler:  Stock at the moment(have a dark rock pro 4 for that 3900x) | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASRock x470 Taichi(replacing with a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 48 GB (2 x 16 GB + 2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Crucial BX500 120 GB 2.5" SSD | Storage Drives:  Toshiba X300 4 TB 128 MB Cache 3.5" HDD+PNY CS900 240 GB | GPU:  Sapphire Radeon VII 16 GB HBM2 Video Card | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  AOC U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (Replacing with an LG 4k IPS display for game art)+AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro RGB | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Open-back Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OSes:  Windows 10 Pro+openSUSE Tumbleweed |

VashTheStampede(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

Speaking of dating sims and pacing issues, KamiNomi is finally kicking into a higher gear in season 3, and it's actually a fair bit more fun as a result. Wish they could have had this kind of pacing from the start.

Erased (4). great.

My doubts for this show have yet to be... deleted, but I'm still really enjoying this. The author certainly isn't shy, which is something I like in a story that's so easy to superficially criticize (like with the lead being 29 and being worried about his motivations toward his classmate). It's nice how they keep playing with the film reel motif, too, after all those butterflies in the first episode. There's really not much that I want to say otherwise. There are still some over-the-top tonal shifts, but it's so nice to see the lead acting instead of reacting that I don't really mind. Ultimately I'm still waiting to see if they've built a proper mystery here, since the clues they're shown could still be used in a number of ways. I've got my fingers crossed that the teacher's just a red herring, which would go a long way to letting me relax my own paranoia about the show's writing quality. But hey, at least they're pretty darn good at the emotional manipulation, even if the end of the episode is something that you should see coming a mile away. It could be worse: it could be Charlotte.

KonoSuba (3). so-so.

Sadly it looks like they're already through their A-material, and have settled into a happy little rut of repeating the same things ad nauseum. They did one decent new joke, but it was a staple fantasy/RPG joke, and they milked it like all the other humor in this series. Also the rest of the episode was the same character interactions over and over, and the same kind of "our monsters are so goofy!" encounter we've been seeing, so I think I'm done with KonoSuba for now. It isn't the worst comedy I've seen lately, but it really should have been a short-episode anime if they have this little material to work with. And what kind of magical fantasy setting has announcers with radio equipment? I mean, if it was just a meta-joke or plot hint, fine, but it felt more like they were just half-assing things.

The World God Only Knows (Four Girls and an Idol OVA). so-so.

There were a few minutes near the end here where they threatened to do something interesting with Keima's harem remembering him, but overall it was just about some of the girls having to ace a test to form a pop music club. Not as bad as it could have been, but nothing special.

The World God Only Knows (Tenri Arc OVA). decent.

This was an odd one. I liked the broad strokes well enough, but the execution was sloppy at best. The details were just odd; it's lazy that Keima has just always been the same, and a lot of elements felt slapped together just to make the core story work out (especially the antagonists). But if this was just an intro to the next season's material then it should be serviceable, even if the script here really needed a couple more passes to make it work more smoothly.

Its part dating sim as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure about that. It says steam code for the all ages version but also says steam activated. Either way at least the physical version won't be censored just to fall in line with valves standards. (ie cartoon breasts bad, normal breasts fine)

Dating Sim huh, I bet they put alot of effort in that part of the game.

Kek.

Man, I harp on jrpg alot.... Can't help it though, the Anime-ish theme is to damn generic and boring.

They just don't make them like in the 90's

Maybe I should play Breath of Fire again.

-----------

Also just dropped 150$ on a TI CAS CX srs bznss calculator

hopefully the learning curve won't kilimanjaro coming from my relic of an 84+

@Jacona tf do u use?

mildly excited to see what kind of witchcraft I can pull with this thing

I remember the first time an 84 blew my mind by condensing a matrix to solve a system of a 5 vector equation

shit saved me like 20 minutes of number crunching

We had to get those calculators as well for our non-math classes in high school. Used it for that first year I was in non-math, until I got kicked to brief math for being rather horrible at math.

Ironically, my mathematical skills have started to deteriorate more quickly ever since I went to brief math. And after that first year, I never had to touch that calculator again, and had it basically forgotten in my backpack for 1,5 years until I finally dug it back up yesterday...

150€ well spent...

a72.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Dating Sim huh, I bet they put alot of effort in that part of the game.

Kek.

Man, I harp on jrpg alot.... Can't help it though, the Anime-ish theme is to damn generic and boring.

They just don't make them like in the 90's

Maybe I should play Breath of Fire again.

Clearly you aren't playing the right games lol.

I mean its one of those genres where you really have to pace yourself. It can be really off putting to play through a 60 hour story and then start another game and have the same tropes start reappearing.

I to am drawn to the 90s ones. SNES especailly, and the ps1 but less so. So whenever I see a game with that sort of graphics style I get instantly drawn to it.

Back to the dating sim thing. I always get scared now when I see that because of persona 4 golden. That game gets circlejerked so hard as the "Best game ever", "saviour of the genre", etc, that I don't even know if I want to play it. Like every time I see a new jrpg announced now there is always someone who asks "is it going to be like p4g". I should play it and form a proper opinion but I might have a hard time enjoying it now because of that. If I go in assuming that its goal was to appeal to the broadest possible audience which will probably be through some form of mediocrity I may actually be able to get through it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

in more positive news, Biscuit Hammer is going good so far. Lizard and regular dude is an interesting duo.

OBJahMj.jpg?1

Yep and it only gets better

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

We had to get those calculators as well for our non-math classes in high school. Used it for that first year I was in non-math, until I got kicked to brief math for being rather horrible at math.

Ironically, my mathematical skills have started to deteriorate more quickly ever since I went to brief math. And after that first year, I never had to touch that calculator again, and had it basically forgotten in my backpack for 1,5 years until I finally dug it back up yesterday...

150€ well spent...

the price lines up but it's hard to believe we're talking about the same calculator

are you sure it was a cas cx?

there's no point in using one in any non-stem major in college, let alone HS.

Error: 410

the price lines up but it's hard to believe we're talking about the same calculator

He might have meant the ti-84. We needed at least ti-83+ which is what I have. Which was $130.

Actually we weren't even allowed to use the higher models on our diploma exams (high school finals).

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I mean its one of those genres where you really have to pace yourself. It can be really off putting to play through a 60 hour story and then start another game and have the same tropes start reappearing.

I to am drawn to the 90s ones. SNES especailly, and the ps1 but less so. So whenever I see a game with that sort of graphics style I get instantly drawn to it.

Back to the dating sim thing. I always get scared now when I see that because of persona 4 golden. That game gets circlejerked so hard as the "Best game ever", "saviour of the genre", etc, that I don't even know if I want to play it. Like every time I see a new jrpg announced now there is always someone who asks "is it going to be like p4g". I should play it and form a proper opinion but I might have a hard time enjoying it now because of that. If I go in assuming that its goal was to appeal to the broadest possible audience which will probably be through some form of mediocrity I may actually be able to get through it.

Not sure if "not playing the right game" is the correct thing to say considering  the industry has changed to shit lately. 

Yeah that nice old draw style is atractice even these days but in this case with this game, i have a feeling its ruined by the game mechanics.

Never really was interested in the Persona games so no comment.

as for games with "dating" or romance there are plenty of good ones out there without the useless panty shots and whatnot, Fire emblem for examples is Great! although its a tactic RPG... 

Not this calculator in particular? Well, not exactly this, but the CAS version...

post-23506-0-24499600-1454048897.jpg

Pardon the very low resolution image. Didn't have RX100 with me today.

Yeah, our non-math students were forced to buy the CAS versions of these for some odd reason (and students had to pay it all by themselves), even though TI-84's or other cheaper calculators could have done the job.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Still watching a bit of shirobako.

Its so hard to continue, not because its boring but because of this guy

post-259091-0-77077900-1454050111.jpeg

Every time i see him i just want to punch him in the mouth. hate characters like him

wish he would just stfu lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Still watching a bit of shirobako.

Its so hard to continue, not because its boring but because of this guy

attachicon.gifshironako.jpeg

Every time i see him i just want to punch him in the mouth. hate characters like him

wish he would just stfu lol

i think he gets his ass beat pretty soon. 

speaking of shirobako i liked how they draw the parallels. some of them are pretty snarky too 

i think he gets his ass beat pretty soon. 

speaking of shirobako i liked how they draw the parallels. some of them are pretty snarky too 

currently at ep 8 but yea its pretty good to see how things are done and the characters for the most part are relatable and have a humor to them, just a few than i don't like but thats a given in any series. I know this series needs a comic relief character or it would be boring but it just gets annoying and cringe worthy imo 

I looked for hours for an sd card and guess where I finally found it... in my fucking keyboard

But... How?

-snip-

Just go to one of those seminars where they tell you how wonderful and great and special you are. You know, the ones with those really creepy people that are way more upbeat than they have any right to be.

Wow, I really must live under a rock because I didn't know that Persona 4 was that highly regarded. I mean, I knew people thought it was good, but not that good. Personally, I liked Persona 3 better. Junpei is best bro.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Wow, I really must live under a rock because I didn't know that Persona 4 was that highly regarded. I mean, I knew people thought it was good, but not that good. Personally, I liked Persona 3 better. Junpei is best bro.

Its particularly bad on reddit. And I've asked people before why they believe this but in the typical reddit fashion if you go against the hivemind you just get downvoted with no answer. But you aren't the first person from who I've heard say that persona 3 is better. Even though I don't think they are directly related I was meaning to play 3 before 4.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

*sigh* time to give windows 10 another try, last time i used it was beta.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Welcome @NymeiaChuu to the club!

uEaRDRe.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

*sigh* time to give windows 10 another try, last time i used it was beta.

It works as well as it did in beta.

Take that as you will.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Its particularly bad on reddit. And I've asked people before why they believe this but in the typical reddit fashion if you go against the hivemind you just get downvoted with no answer. But you aren't the first person from who I've heard say that persona 3 is better. Even though I don't think they are directly related I was meaning to play 3 before 4.

It may be because I played 3 first, but I felt like the characters were just better in 3, far fewer annoying ones imo, and I liked the overall tone better.

Junpei > Yosuke

Aigis > Teddie

And dat ending. I shed a manly tear when Aigis delivered that last line in P3P. Now I'm probably going to go back and replay it. There goes ~80 hours of my life. Probably follow one of those schedules this time around so I can max all the social links.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

the reddit hivemind loves to downvote, i only ever upvote but i now have a small following of my own downvoters who take me to minus 3 usually on anything i post in a certain sub in the first hour before it pop backs up to normal points