Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Good series. 

Wonder if Season 3 is going to come around.

Probably, not sure what's the status on the manga. 

Sorry for the quote with nothing in it. I'm on mobile and keep quoting people out of habit even though I know it's broken.

I still haven't gotten my tax form yet to even do my return. Only worked part time for most of last year, so I hope I get enough back for the things I want to do. Ah, minimum wage, how I hate you so.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

16 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Oh dam, $4500 for a AC unit? Brutal...

Tell me about it...

got like 6 quotes and they ranged from 4k to almost 7k. almost shit myself

I chose the low middle ground lol

Spoiler

20160210_210643.thumb.jpg.6aafb2253a6a5320160210_210706.thumb.jpg.9d6fccb234074720160210_210723.thumb.jpg.c5c85ae0ffdc50

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

5 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Sorry for the quote with nothing in it. I'm on mobile and keep quoting people out of habit even though I know it's broken.

I still haven't gotten my tax form yet to even do my return. Only worked part time for most of last year, so I hope I get enough back for the things I want to do. Ah, minimum wage, how I hate you so.

Seems you're also having an excessive spacing problem as well with the forum. 

Had hit backspace a few times to shorten the quote.

I think if your total income is below a certain amount, you'll be able to get most if not all your taxes back. 

18 minutes ago, Daegun said:

High quality quoting a high quality post

....youtube diving and I hit this group called "chouchou"

how someone can make a successful band using the same vocalist in the same tone and the same pitch and same energy in every single song is beyond me

Error: 410

17 minutes ago, Jacona said:

I miss old Netsky.

A lot of his stuff went to the new age of pop-n-bass and loudness wars

(admittedly Puppy is a really fun song)

also holy heck

Seems you're also having an excessive spacing problem as well with the forum. 

Had hit backspace a few times to shorten the quote.

I think if your total income is below a certain amount, you'll be able to get most if not all your taxes back. 

Let's see if tapatalk works.

The spacing is because if I don't hit enter 3-4 times, anything I type ends up on the same line as what I was previously typing, this way it gives me the slightest bit of formatting control. Of course, I can't delete the spaces afterwards, it just starts deleting whatever I last typed instead.

Really? That's nice. Now I just have to wait for the things I want to be released.

On an unrelated note, XCOM 2 is pissing me off. It lacks all of the polish of the previous game. All the core stuff is there, and I like the armor system more than just adding health like they did previously, but it seems like they didn't care much about a lot of the little stuff. Not to mention the performance issues. >.>

@helping

I try :)

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 hour ago, Jacona said:

Probably, not sure what's the status on the manga. 

Manga went out of hiatus last month.  Cross our fingers and hope that Arakawa-sensei doesn't have to take another break for her family member. Also obligatory.

v3jggp.jpg

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

1 hour ago, Jacona said:

Still haven't gotten my federal tax return.

Those fuckers. 

Got mine today.

18 minutes ago, helping said:

A lot of his stuff went to the new age of pop-n-bass and loudness wars

(admittedly Puppy is a really fun song)

also holy heck

I saw that earlier today. Really interesting. And it doesnt crash the game.

Blarg

7 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

lol i only watched a bit of the first season but i followed the manga for a while so my opinion of lala is eh. she becomes more of a place holder and you sorta forget about her later on. my favorite is momo, lala's sister(she isn't in the first season i dont think). my reason is not necessarily that i like her but more along the lines of i like what shes trying to do. (trying not to give spoilers is a pain lol)

haven't followed the manga in like a year or 2 lol

its ok, you're absolutely not missing anything

from what I hear the writer spends most of his energy on creative ways to circumvent censors.

that's basically why most people read it anyway

19 minutes ago, helping said:

from what I hear the writer spends most of his energy on creative ways to circumvent censors.

Lol, seems about right.

Also i dropped Musaigen no Phantom World. Didn't seem to be goin anywhere and was getting really boring, and konosuma will be next if it doesnt pick up the pace, so many characters in the show that irritate me.

I picked up Dagashi Kashi. half way through the first ep and im already having to turn my brain off. got a laugh or 2 so far so i think ill keep going for another ep or 2.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

43 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Lol, seems about right.

Also i dropped Musaigen no Phantom World. Didn't seem to be goin anywhere and was getting really boring, and konosuma will be next if it doesnt pick up the pace, so many characters in the show that irritate me.

I picked up Dagashi Kashi. half way through the first ep and im already having to turn my brain off. got a laugh or 2 so far so i think ill keep going for another ep or 2.

the earlier episodes were pretty boring and I was ok with that, at least it wasn't offensively bad

like i said before, episode 5 was decently entertaining, so maybe DK will get better

phantom world im watching but not really.

it's the equivalent of staring out of the car window at high speeds on a highway surrounded by trees.

along with girls and tanks, it seems like another anime where I might finish it and still not know the names of the cast.

current taste status: emaciated african posterchild

as long as it's not completely covered in feces, this dirt is delicious.

On 2/9/2016 at 5:46 PM, Laputacake said:

Wtf my quote is broken.

On 2/9/2016 at 5:46 PM, Laputacake said:

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Hype?

Fuckn love the way it looks.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

@BashZeStampeedo Maybe you can help me with this before I go make a forum post elsewhere.

Basically I'm having the this kernel panic described here(unknown-block(0,0)).So naturally I assumed I didn't compile the support for the controller into the kernel. I went through and double checked all the options and it looked right so I recompiled it, re-installed the initramfs, and re configured grub. But I was still getting the same panic.

I thought that maybe I was just too much of a noob to compile the kernel manually so I went and used the 'genkernel all' tool(which compiles in pretty much everything) and again redid grub and initramfs. But I'm still getting the same error. So now I'm kinda at a loss.

Other relevant info: I followed the handbook and only changed a couple things like the fs. My fstab looks pretty standard:

/dev/sda2	/boot	vfat	defaults	0 0
/dev/sda3	/	btrfs	rw,relatime,ssd 0 0

I am doing a EFI install with grub2 and the vanilla-sources kernel (cause its more up to date). Should I maybe not bother with efi and/or use a different kernel, I guess I could use the git-sources one and actually be somewhat helpful by reporting the inevitable bugs. I could also try messing around with the grub.cfg but I don't think the syntax is the same as the legacy example on that wiki page I linked.

Kinda getting a tad annoying because it will only take me like 15 minutes excluding download and compile times to re-configure my WM and other apps after I boot because I have my dotfiles from my arch install.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Just watched ep 3 of dagashi kashi and now i have a strange craving for cup noodles lol

22 minutes ago, Opask said:

@BashZeStampeedo Maybe you can help me with this before I go make a forum post elsewhere.

In my experience it's either a controller-related issue, or grub's not seeing the right partition with whatever (hd?,?) you gave it. Try booting into grub's console and see what an ls gives you.. it might be as simple as changing the grub config to the right numbers. Alternatively, try using partition UUIDs in both fstab and grub, and see if that helps (since even adding/removing/changing the drives on your SATA cable can futz with what (hd?,?) they end up with after booting).

13 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Just watched ep 3 of dagashi kashi and now i have a strange craving for cup noodles lol

Advertising mission achieved!

8 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

In my experience it's either a controller-related issue, or grub's not seeing the right partition with whatever (hd?,?) you gave it. Try booting into grub's console and see what an ls gives you.. it might be as simple as changing the grub config to the right numbers. Alternatively, try using partition UUIDs in both fstab and grub, and see if that helps (since even adding/removing/changing the drives on your SATA cable can futz with what (hd?,?) they end up with after booting).

Advertising mission achieved!

I'll give that a try tomorrow when I have a chance. I kinda figured it was grub being weird.  If it turns out that's the case I will probably replace the kernel again with the one I configured. Gotta stroke my ego somehow ;^)

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

6 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

IDK why I hadn't done it earlier. But I only just now signed up for CrunchyRoll. 30 day trial, here I come.

Currently watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?". Probably going to marathon all the 13 episodes.

good luck marathoning that show, it's a hit or miss for most people, personally i liked it but i won't deny there were some annoying characters

7 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

aw yea!

019.thumb.jpg.84974a46a935b4dc17a03ed7ad

Manga name? (Kaguya?)

is it good?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

So before I go off and waste time failing at Google before I get it right, does anyone have any sites/books/etc. they can recommend to me to learn about networking? Got a network+ book and some free practice tests, but rather than just knowing how to pass the test for the cert, I'd actually like to know about networking stuff in general. I appreciate it. :)

Turns out, my friend is a liar and a dick. I might have skydiving in my near future. He told me the cost was about $300 a jump, but nope, it costs $215 for the first jump and training, and $85 for every jump after that. This is gonna be fun. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/dG5xGNs

Hmm, skydiving, anime, computers, 70's/80's music, video games (specifically rpgs). If I find someone with my same interests around the same age, I must work as hard as possible to befriend them, as I will never find another. Especially since I don't talk to people much. :P

10 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

"Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

Only if your name is Bell Cranel.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I've been watching it for the crack headed humor, but here's what I understand!  *scream*  *jiggle*  *laugh*  *derp face*

The funny thing is the manga is still funnier and more creative than many harem I have seen or watched due to the fact he doesn't pretend it has more dignity than it actually has.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

That's not present in the anime.

I will give you an example. I'm their beach chapter in the manga. They predictably have their swimwear stolen and fanservice ensues. The difference is that it ends with a baby dolphin stealing the swimwear bringing it her mum rather generic pervert or accident by protagonist.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory