Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

MRW Uni hits me with a surprise scholarship and refund since the total exceeds cost of tuition

zGsG9wK.gif

I also need to buy a laptop for this one PITA class

@MyInnerFred how is that UX305 holding up? I might buy one of those SKUs

(preferably 2nd hand because I'm going to barely use the thing)

anyone have any similar suggestions for something ~500 USD with hella battery life and low profile/lightweight?

Error: 410

6 minutes ago, helping said:

MRW Uni hits me with a surprise scholarship and refund since the total exceeds cost of tuition

zGsG9wK.gif

Actually doing pretty good, the only real con I have with it is that the speakers are lacking in loudness. But that doesn't really matter since I'm a headphone collector.... 

Speed isn't amazing or anything but is suitable for web browsing and youtubing. Watching things with MPC-HC kitted out with anime settings is very demanding so stock settings or minimal setting changes is recommended. It's light, has a good screen and great battery life, though I rarely use it. My father's more or less stolen it from me and uses it to watch his drama's.

ILaQP1F.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

11 hours ago, Opask said:

I don't really know how popular fire emblem is but if its anything like a lot of other JRPGs preodering is going to be the only way to get a copy.

Take for example Trails of Cold Steel. Gametop(or eb games/whatever its now called in canada but I can't remember anymore) only ordered copies for the people who preordered. If you walked in on the day of the release you wouldn't see it anywhere around the store. If you went to the cashier and asked for a copy they would have turned you around because there was none. When I picked up my copy the cashier was like "look mate, yours and mine are the only copies left". I hate that store but sometimes they are the only option so you better hope they haven't reached their preorder limit when you go in.

Sorry Opask, I meant to respond to this earlier, I really did. But then I fell asleep and memory of a goldfish and all.

Fire Emblem is popular enough that it'll be released like any other game, it won't be like the first run of Xenoblade Chronicles or anything. Of course, I'm trying to get my hands on the special edition, so it's a different story there. And as always, Nintendo and whatever stores sell them deal pretty poorly with the whole thing.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

7 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

My father's more or less stolen it from me and uses it to watch his drama's.

lol, Chinese/Asian parents and their doramas. 

That's literally all what my parents watches, especially the Korean ones with Chinese subtitles. 

Oh man... no code view for the forum is really a pain right now. No preview for posts and new topics is also a pain.... 

Tagging everyone for the club polling tonight is going to be real fun.... ughh....

OSW4stK.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

lol, Chinese/Asian parents and their doramas. 

That's literally all what my parents watches, especially the Korean ones with Chinese subtitles. 

No lie, those korean dramas are seriously taking over.... Chinese Dramas are like gone....

4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Oh man... no code view for the forum is really a pain right now. No preview for posts and new topics is also a pain.... 

Tagging everyone for the club polling tonight is going to be real fun.... ughh....

this is probably the push we need to just move away from mass tagging seeing as it is basically useless at the moment

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

No lie, those korean dramas are seriously taking over.... Chinese Dramas are like gone....

Chinese Drama always look like they have a filming/production budget of $500 or something.

Dem Korean one always have fabulous hair and all the actors are unrealistically attractive for the role they play. 

10 minutes ago, Charger said:

this is probably the push we need to just move away from mass tagging seeing as it is basically useless at the moment

Does it even work? Tagging that is? 

27 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Chinese Drama always look like they have a filming/production budget of $500 or something.

Dem Korean one always have fabulous hair and all the actors are unrealistically attractive for the role they play. 

That's very true, the Chinese are even cheap when they film hahahha.... 

Korean dramas.... They make me want to appear in the show just to smack the shit out of characters. Their so ridiculous it hurts to watch sometimes.

Quoting is really starting to annoy me its not functioning correctly at all. And it takes for ever for the damn reply box to load sometimes.

48 minutes ago, helping said:

anyone have any similar suggestions for something ~500 USD with hella battery life and low profile/lightweight?

You could try and find a new one from the Canadian Microsoft store for probably under 500USD(they were 550CAD a while ago). Assuming of course they allow you to buy from out of country.

Personally I've been fawning over thinkpads for a while and stopped caring about ultrabooks. But to get the best battery life and performance you need to be not using windows especially with the sandy/ivy-bridge ones. And they are certainly not low-profile.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

12 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

They make me want to appear in the show just to smack the shit out of characters. Their so ridiculous it hurts to watch sometimes.

smack.gif.582063b22f35967fa27c8a6d511f70

like this? lol +1 in my book if you know this show

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

16 minutes ago, Opask said:

Quoting is really starting to annoy me its not functioning correctly at all. And it takes for ever for the damn reply box to load sometimes.

You could try and find a new one from the Canadian Microsoft store for probably under 500USD(they were 550CAD a while ago). Assuming of course they allow you to buy from out of country.

Personally I've been fawning over thinkpads for a while and stopped caring about ultrabooks. But to get the best battery life and performance you need to be not using windows especially with the sandy/ivy-bridge ones. And they are certainly not low-profile.

can't order from Can MS store, unfortunately.

would have been great since US freedoms to CAN rupee is favorable right now, I think.

And you think that's bad, I can't reply on mobile. Like at all. Instant crash the second I open the reply.

Error: 410

2 minutes ago, helping said:

And you think that's bad, I can't reply on mobile. Like at all. Instant crash the second I open the reply.

it is probably trying to open all your posts since the update lol

47 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Does it even work? Tagging that is? 

@MyInnerFred does it work?

18 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

smack.gif.582063b22f35967fa27c8a6d511f70

like this? lol +1 in my book if you know this show

I used to watch that all the time with my grandpa. 

@CatCloud still works on desktop.

05d9a7763e.jpg

Went looking for a tape measure that has metric on it. Went to two major stores and found one. One tape measure that has metric. Can the planet just move to a singe unit of measurement already?

Blarg

Just now, wolfgang said:

I used to watch that all the time with my grandpa. 

My man.... lol i watched it with my dad all the time when i was younger. we have a bunch of vhs tapes of them

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

Went looking for a tape measure that has metric on it. Went to two major stores and found one. One tape measure that has metric. Can the planet just move to a singe unit of measurement already?

crazy talk. I kind of switch between them depending on what I'm doing. I use fractional inches for wood working and decimal inches or mm for machining.

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

My man.... lol i watched it with my dad all the time when i was younger. we have a bunch of vhs tapes of them

I think the ones my grandpa have are vhs also.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

crazy talk. I kind of switch between them depending on what I'm doing. I use fractional inches for wood working and decimal inches or mm for machining.

Can they at least start carrying both then?

Blarg

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

I think the ones my grandpa have are vhs also.

Should have metric on one side and freedom on the other. 

Just now, wolfgang said:

I have seen the combined tape measures really fuck with people that dont understand the metric system lol

I (like many people in the us) am kind of stuck with inches just because it would cost me a few grand to move away from it in tooling costs.

8 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900

>combat racing game

ah yus

Almost has that strike vector vibe going on for some reason lol. Future club game?

33 minutes ago, Charger said:

I have seen the combined tape measures really fuck with people that dont understand the metric system lol

I (like many people in the us) am kind of stuck with inches just because it would cost me a few grand to move away from it in tooling costs.

I can understand the costs with that. Part of the problem with people is that most of them never used metric.

21 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900

>combat racing game

ah yus

I remember playing the game that is based off. I think it was on ps2. It was fun playing solo. I imagine it would be good with multiple people.

Blarg