Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Depends on how quiet you want to go I guess. There are completely passive cooling cases out there, but most are pricey.

naw, I'm not that picky, I'm just not a fan of cooling fans that resemble jet engines, like my cousin's 8320. My old intel i5-2400 stock cooler was practically silent. Passive is a bigger pain in the ass than its ever worth.

The A10 one has a horizontal case, and That A10 probably has a better GPU than the intel build+your laptop.  Actually, both do.  xD

That silverstone case looks nice, but finding a DVD drive for it probably be a pain.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Then do the i3 build, and add some be quiet fans to it.

Yeah, or stick my silent ass 2400's cooler on it :P

The layout for the cooler hardware is the same on newer intels still right?

That may be an option too. well now that I think about it, I would probably also use it for emulators and stuff too, so light gaming. If the modern A series is anything like my A8 in my laptop, they don't sit well with DS emulation. I might have to look into that.

Any ideas on cases? like horizontal desktop form factor type?

Edit: looking at the 2 pages of Newegg's mini itx cases, they're all meh. They either are what I was thinking, but requiring a mini DVD rom, which are loud as fuck, or cubes, and cubes are ugly as fuck.

I'd legit want something like this and black, except equipped to handle mini ITX. They'd need a riser for expansion cards, but whatever. There may be a case mod in my future...

Here are some cases like that:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-gd09b

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-sstgd05busb30

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/inwin-case-bl672fh300tb3f

Prices are kinda meh.

This was using the htpc option with 1 5.25" bay btw. Just incase you want to see more options.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Here are some cases like that:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-gd09b

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-sstgd05busb30

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/inwin-case-bl672fh300tb3f

Prices are kinda meh.

This was using the htpc option with 1 5.25" bay btw. Just incase you want to see more options.

Now that Silverstone GD05B Looks real nice, takes standard hardware and looks nice, but its a bit pricey and for some reason doesn't have a painted interior. Could fit an matx board so that could be cheaper. 

I like. Might have to keep the link for that one. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163205&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The inwin one is alright, but it reminds me of the jet turbine PCs of past

heheheheheheheheh

seeing that its also a case that supports full sized cards, i could plop my 7970 in there every once in a while if I'm feeling naughty....

Actually fuck that.

also an HTPC with a desktop processor would probably be able to deinterlace DVD video without lagging like my laptop does. I'm making myself excited with possibilities. I should stop while I'm ahead lol.

Edit: Looking at motherboards, I gotta say, what the fuck is with this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157642&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157641&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Its basically the same thing, except one has more video output options and looks fancy. well, the not fancy one could be bought in bulk, but even if you're buying more than 10, its the same price as the fancy one. Logic? naw.

Soooo just some shit I threw together real quick to get an idea of stuff.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JWFXxr

I was goofing around with the idea of skylake just because its the newest and all that. I'll probably look into haswell in a bit to see if I could get a few things cheaper. I know I can get RAM cheaper that way. I stuck that RAM in there because slightly faster timings than the other ram, since integrated GPUs like that kind of stuff, and of course a CX430 because they're good n stuff, unless there is something better that came out recently that's better than it. WD hard drive, because SSDs don't matter that much for this computer. One thing I'm not 100% sure of is how far those 90 degree sata ports will be to the front of the case.

Any ideas as to better my plebeian understanding of computers as of late?

Okay, so Opask, I need your wisdom of Linux.

My SSD is coming in the mail today.   It's a 240gb one, right?  Here's what I want to do.  Fedora Workstation Gets as minimal space as possible, Windows 10 Pro gets the rest, right? How do I do this properly, and how do I let them split the 3TB storage drive?

Install Windows 10 to whole drive -> Update it fully -> Shrink it to 50% of the drive's space.

Install Fedora Workstation or wtv to 50% of the drive that Windows isn't using -> Update it fully (probably not necessary) -> see how much space it uses -> shrink it's portion of the drive to wtv you feel comfortable with.

I don't know how to selectively install only what you need to minimize space usage, unless you use Arch, so Opask will have to talk about that.

Boot Windows 10 -> Expand drive's space to wtv it is after Fedora's was shrinked.

Never shrink one OS' partition with the other OS.

Format the 3TB drive as NTFS. Install ntfs-3g to Fedora. Bam. The two OS' can share the 3TB together. NTFS support on Linux is reliable, performant, and generally cool.

If you don't want to do that, format the drive ext2 and install an ext2 thingie (driver or program) for Windows. 

If you don't want either of those as a hassle, just split the 3TB HDD into two partitions, each wtv size you prefer, then format them accordingly.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wow, I really must live under a rock because I didn't know that Persona 4 was that highly regarded. I mean, I knew people thought it was good, but not that good. Personally, I liked Persona 3 better. Junpei is best bro.

I loved Persona 3 never played 4 so

Deleted code is debugged code.

We had to get those calculators as well for our non-math classes in high school. Used it for that first year I was in non-math, until I got kicked to brief math for being rather horrible at math.

Ironically, my mathematical skills have started to deteriorate more quickly ever since I went to brief math. And after that first year, I never had to touch that calculator again, and had it basically forgotten in my backpack for 1,5 years until I finally dug it back up yesterday...

150€ well spent...

I don't understand why in long-math at 2nd year teacher's were still saying to us that we should really buy these calculators

cuz they have neat stuff so they can calculate some kind of things by themselves easily. (Don't honestly remember what.)

TI-nspire_CX_CAS.jpg

I was like .. Heck not gonna spent 189€ (at that time now it's like 169€) for a calculator I won't be using after like 1 year. 

Because in university they use function calculators or no calculator at all  :D (I am using my sister's maybe like 4 years max old calculator and doing just fine. Casio fx-9860G)

Ohhhh Now I can spent money on cool stuff like SSD, better chair or a new hard drive.

Or just save money on boring stuff like winter tires. . . <_< (At first people want to become asap adult but after those boring taxes and things you need to do :ph34r: )

( I don't have much games and only 291GB left  :D )

Btw poor fellas who took this calculator to university entrance exam -_-

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

HAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING

But... How?

magic... Also I have an open keyboard there is nothing covering the sides it just has a few screws holding to top and bottom spaced apart. lol

lN0Em2k.jpg

He might have meant the ti-84. We needed at least ti-83+ which is what I have. Which was $130.

Actually we weren't even allowed to use the higher models on our diploma exams (high school finals).

in school I was told I needed at least a ti-83 or better so I got a ti-86 and was then told I couldnt use that on tests and ever class I had after that I couldn't use it on tests... why didnt they just say I need a ti-83

magic... Also I have an open keyboard there is nothing covering the sides it just has a few screws holding to top and bottom spaced apart. lol

Wait, what do you use that keyboard for? I mean, I don't see an up key...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Windows 10.

Windows Key -> Type "diskmgmt.msc" (without "s ofc) -> Hit Enter. 

Right click Windows 10 OS partition -> Shrink Volume... -> Type in how much to shrink by -> Click "Shrink".

Done.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/536993-i3-vs-pentium-any-tangible-difference/#entry7123130

God damnit.

1: no duh

2: you didn't answer his question. 

how is that the best answer? once again, this is why I never leave this thread.

best answer is almost never given to the best answer but instead tends to go to the shortest generic response rather then longer more helpful ones.

I use it as my keyboard lol and the arrow keys are not even arrow keys but fn keys.

Ohh ok that makes sense

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Every time i see him i just want to punch him in the mouth. hate characters like him

wish he would just stfu lol

I don't think PA Works knows to write males under the age of around 50 without making them annoying. Usually they get an abrasive or angsty personality so you won't forget them as the anime shoves them into the background so you can watch cute girls frolicking around instead.

I know this series needs a comic relief character or it would be boring but it just gets annoying and cringe worthy imo

Why would it need a dedicated character for comic relief? There's plenty of levity, plus lots of chances for actual comedy. Plus they already abused the fat director for comedy.

HAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING

He's quite the glorious prick, isn't he? It's fun to have a insider troll keeping the anime community on its toes.

My god, this forum....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/536993-i3-vs-pentium-any-tangible-difference/

This is what happens when I venture from this thread.

wew...more gigantic misunderstandings of things that should be understood on tech forums....

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

wew...more gigantic misunderstandings of things that should be understood on tech forums....

Its worse than insert generic comedy anime name here.

Its worse than insert generic comedy anime name here.

your right i'd rather watch that...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Windows Key -> Type "diskmgmt.msc" (without "s ofc) -> Hit Enter.

-Snip-

Or right click the home button and select disk management :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/536993-i3-vs-pentium-any-tangible-difference/#entry7123130

God damnit.

1: no duh

2: you didn't answer his question.

how is that the best answer? once again, this is why I never leave this thread.

Outside this thread is a cold, dark place. Now that I have a title, I probably won't venture outside it much anymore.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Or right click the home button and select disk management :P

I totally missed that. I use that all the time for Command Prompt (and Admin prompt).

† Christian Member †

I don't understand why in long-math at 2nd year teacher's were still saying to us that we should really buy these calculators

cuz they have neat stuff so they can calculate some kind of things by themselves easily. (Don't honestly remember what.)

TI-nspire_CX_CAS.jpg

I was like .. Heck not gonna spent 189€ (at that time now it's like 169€) for a calculator I won't be using after like 1 year.

Because in university they use function calculators or no calculator at all :D (I am using my sister's maybe like 4 years max old calculator and doing just fine. Casio fx-9860G)

Ohhhh Now I can spent money on cool stuff like SSD, better chair or a new hard drive.

Or just save money on boring stuff like winter tires. . . <_< (At first people want to become asap adult but after those boring taxes and things you need to do :ph34r: )

( I don't have much games and only 291GB left :D )

Btw poor fellas who took this calculator to university entrance exam -_-

Because they can perform a lot of tedius calculus functions, differential equations, and solve equations symbolically.

Which means they're useful as fuck for higher level mathematics/science/egn courses where they're testing you on the application rather than how to do fancy computations mechanically.

Meaning they're counterproductive for lower level stuff where you should be learning how things work.

What they're doing in making you buy it is so that you learn the Nspire OS instead of the archaic Ti-8x OS.

The only thing above one of those is an actual PC, so they're pretty future proof. If you learn how to use it you're set for grad school. It serves as a blanket requirement. While its pretty damn useless to you now, you might be needing it later depending on your major if you decide to go to college.

though a lot of people still prefer an HP 50g for RPN. I might buy one to dick around with so long as it has a good variable storage function. The sto-> function on TI calcs are love. Cleans up a ton of work and gives deadly accurate answers.

Error: 410