Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@brownninja97 what?...

yes

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe you could try the oven trick and see if that works?

Maybe. Probably just try to replace the ram chips. Not any time soon though.

Today is not going well. First the gpu. Messed up a piece at work. Then the anvil shocked me.

Puush rotated this for some reason when I uploaded it.

65eec54763.jpg

How does an anvil shock someone when it is in the middle of the room on a wood block?

Blarg

Today is not going well. First the gpu. Messed up a piece at work. Then the anvil shocked me.

65eec54763.jpg

How does an anvil shock someone when it is in the middle of the room on a wood block?

magic... that is how... also its more then likely you that shocked it rather then the other way around lol... Nice anvil

Charged by the last person to use it and nowhere to discharge because wood?

or what charger said (more likely) because a giant block of metal is a good conductor

Error: 410

Well, two thirds of the way through the anime for The World God Only Knows. My opinion hasn't changed substantially this season.

The World God Only Knows S2. decent.

Basically, season two is more of the same from the first season, just perhaps slightly improved in terms of the characters the MC "conquers". Not by much, mind you, but the difference is noticeable enough that I'm sure people will pick a favorite. I remain disappointed that they're barely doing anything more with the premise than basically showing us a dude playing galge routes in anime-form, but there's enough charm here for it to be a pretty decent take on that limited premise regardless. Its biggest problem still remains how dragged out it feels, especially given the filler episodes. Otherwise, it's a serviceable romcom that could easily improve if they start playing with the formula a bit more (and given the title of the third season, it seems like that's what they'll be doing).

The World God Only Knows S2 (1-2). decent.

They got to the point a bit quicker than I'd feared, and so it more or less worked for me. Everything was still otherwise the same as usual, though I was a bit disappointed that they didn't use the obvious twist that the cat was Haqua, instead of having her just appear out of nowhere. Still, this was fine, and had enough of the little touches like Elsea's "escape mechanism" to keep it amusing.

The World God Only Knows S2 (3). decent.

This episode stepped things up a bit, but not by as much as I'd hoped (I was disappointed that they didn't just play the obvious twist that Haqua was the one with the loose soul right from the start). But I did like how matter-of-factly they presented Keima; he was probably the way his character should have been from the start. His interactions with Haqua do a much better job of bringing out his character, and Elsea's character is also improved by having a foil as well. It's also nice to see the plot thicken a little. The comedy is still weak, but for once their random cut-aways to silly bits hit the mark with Elsea's fire truck obsession.

The World God Only Knows S2 (4). decent.

Ah, so they were going for the obvious twist after all... they just wanted to drag it out rather than making Haqua a bit more sympathetic by giving her abrasive attitude the excuse that she was possessed already. Oh well. I still liked the ideas well enough here, it was just weakly executed. They did a half-decent job at making the loose soul kinda creepy and threatening, but the execution of everything was pretty half-assed otherwise. Why did the loose soul just let Elsea yammer on? How did Elsea even break free to tackle her? How did five or six possessed students turn into dozens of them? Worse, the episode felt really stretched out, just like in the first season. They did try a little harder than I expected (I did kinda like the symbolism of Haqua dropping her valedictorian scythe, for instance), but overall this is yet another case where the script could have been much more effective with tighter pacing.

The World God Only Knows S2 (5-7). good.

This arc was quite a bit more interesting than the previous ones, even though it still suffered from being too dragged out. It's the type of stuff that would have a lot more impact if this show aimed a bit higher. Thankfully they were subtle enough about Chihiro that it still managed to work well enough without feeling insincere. It also helped that she wasn't more or less likable than Keima, and their chemistry was somewhat believable. But honestly, with just a bit of tweaking this arc could have been incredibly powerful, and now I see that this series could have truly been a fantastic deconstruction if it wanted to be... shame that they didn't aim that high. Thankfully they seem to finally be ready to characterize Keima a little. Hope they do a decent job with that, assuming they ever bother to actually do it.

The World God Only Knows S2 (8). so-so.

Filler time! And god only knows that we needed some just as they started to develop Keima's character, amirite? The first half of the ep was a boring waste of time with galge trivia, but the second half was at least something different from the show's expected formula, so the whole was salvaged from mediocrity. In fact the second half had a few genuinely funny moments, but it wasn't enough to really make up for the slog that was the first half.

The World God Only Knows S2 (9-11). decent.

It's a bit unfortunate that all they can think to do in this series is present a "route" from a galge and pretend it's more realistic because the anime says so (when it's really not). It would have been really interesting if they could put an extra spin on these encounters otherwise, but they really didn't "go there" and have Keima fall for the teacher, which would have been an epic reversal. Ah well. As usual I think what bothered me was that there wasn't much actual material here, comedy or otherwise. I did have a chuckle at Keima's pathetic anger-induction techniques, but otherwise this was just another okay arc about him having to beat another route in a VR galge he hasn't played yet. They wrapped it up nicely enough, but the formula's gotten pretty old now. I hope the third season really is as much of an improvement as I've heard.

The World God Only Knows S2 (12). .

This is the first one-off episode with a gaming theme that I actually found kinda fun, because it was incredibly dopey. Well, at least for the first half. Then it descends in a morass of self-indulgent references that (while probably fun if you're passionate about such things) was rather tiresome to me.

.... Fillers............. Really? ...Jebus.

Well 1 season left.

Or you know... The Manga... Kek

Anyways, found a cute little slice of life Manga called "love so life"

I recommend. It's cute. It's also easy to predict what's going to happen so dont expect minds to blow up.

rekt

meanwhile I RMA my 4GB Windforce OC 770 (aka. unicorn GPU)

took them 3 alien temp employees and like a week of digging in the warehouse to dredge up a another unicorn for me.

it's cool 970's are overrated anyway

then I RMA'd my cousin's 280X, MSI was out of stock so they replied back if a 390X would be a suitable replacement

he doesn't play anything besides youtube and hulu

"pls i borrow, remember that one time I bought you a soda"

granted I pretty much only play plex, MPC, YT, and the occasional game I could run on integrated. But I could still cook up a mean madVR config with that.

-----------

Also just dropped 150$ on a TI CAS CX srs bznss calculator

hopefully the learning curve won't kilimanjaro coming from my relic of an 84+

@Jacona tf do u use?

mildly excited to see what kind of witchcraft I can pull with this thing

I remember the first time an 84 blew my mind by condensing a matrix to solve a system of a 5 vector equation

shit saved me like 20 minutes of number crunching

Meanwhile I sit here with my MSI GTX 970 idling at 23 C.

I've been using these two depending on how serious shit gets, nothing fancy.

https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/swGdMRlpqUEOUJrzaMaITgy9UUu4hzAL/IMAG0106.jpg

Oh shit that's the one with the LCD screen? Pretty much all you'll ever need in you academic life at this point. 

lol I was blown away with the ability to solve equations with imaginary numbers, saves you years on phasor problems. 

65eec54763.jpg

You wearing cotton?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

.... Fillers............. Really? ...Jebus.

I wouldn't know if they're filler as in "not in the manga", but they're certain story-fillers. Thankfully there's only one or two a season so far, so it's bearable.

Is this your attempt at sexy talk? 

"Hey, babe. You wearing synthetic fabrics?"

hey, babe, is it getting hot in here or is it just you putting your cloths in the washing machine at a reasonable temperature to prevent damage occurring such as shrinking or revolution of the pockets. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

looks like i'm gonna have to upgrade

What that game is more then 10 years old. I have it on my wii.

-------------------

I've got steam keys on humble bundle for all these games.

Anyone want something?

Please only ask if you are actually going to play it.

• Cities XL Platinum (DigitalHermit)
  • Contrast: Collector's Edition
  • Etherium
  • Final Exam
  • Game of Thrones
  • Mars: War Logs
  • Pix the Cat
  • Space Run
  • Wargame: European Escalation
  • Yesterday
  • Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
  • Thief Gold

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

magic... that is how... also its more then likely you that shocked it rather then the other way around lol... Nice anvil

Charged by the last person to use it and nowhere to discharge because wood?

or what charger said (more likely) because a giant block of metal is a good conductor

Its possible. Every metalic object in that room will shock you. But only objects in that room. Everywhere else is fine.

Blarg

Decided to treat myself , got dis little guy. Omg the hype was right

post-121932-0-02929400-1454025441_thumb.

post-121932-0-00824800-1454025459_thumb.

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Decided to treat myself , got dis little guy. Omg the hype was right

I was gonna buy one them but then.............i didnt 

will probably go for it when my g502 breaks if it breaks. 

Listen if you care.

I was gonna buy one them but then.............i didnt 

my old one started to not work 

i wonder if you will have @TheProfosist driver problems

so far no issues ~knocks on wood~

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

boy was that one a let-down

wait contrast is bad, i was tempted to get the pack just because of that game alone. 

Listen if you care.

amen lol, got the 502 core, only complaint is the coat hanger-ish type cord lol and it being the only blue part attached to my red/black system lol

Got $60 on steam what do you guys recommend Ninja storm 4 preorder, tomb raider, or the division(though it will probably be boring alone) still debating fallout 4 season pass refund

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

So, I think my old Plex drive was fine, because when I put my new drive in my computer, it wasn't being recognized. Swapped SATA cables. Nothing. Swapped power cables (which I didn't do before) and now it's working. Woops. Either way that old drive was about to die and Plex needed to be cleaned up a bit.

COMIC SANS

wait contrast is bad, i was tempted to get the pack just because of that game alone. 

In theory it's amazing, the game itself not really

the OST is ok

I think the controls were really awkward too

@TopWargamer wow

ya dingus u didn't confirm it dead before shopping?

Error: 410

amen lol, got the 502 core, only complaint is the coat hanger-ish type cord lol and it being the only blue part attached to my red/black system lol

Got $60 on steam what do you guys recommend Ninja storm 4 preorder, tomb raider, or the division(though it will probably be boring alone)

why not get two games, division is damn near half price on gmg and then you can throw a 20% off discount on top of that. Then get tales of symphonia and ENJOY IT

If you have anything left over by some peanuts, quality gaming food, if you are allergic then give up, the world isnt worth living without peanuts. 

Listen if you care.

So, I think my old Plex drive was fine, because when I put my new drive in my computer, it wasn't being recognized. Swapped SATA cables. Nothing. Swapped power cables (which I didn't do before) and now it's working. Woops. Either way that old drive was about to die and Plex needed to be cleaned up a bit.

It's always the simple solution xD

I find myself going through a load of complicated troubleshooting stuff, then a simple un-plug, plug back in fixes it.