Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

This should be posted on the front page

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

This should be posted on the front page

It's not club official so it would be a waste of time.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

@helping yo throw me a random anime series you like.

Well shit...

go watch Birdy, xxxholic, zvezda plot, shingeki no bahamut, and school days

you haven't watched penguindrum either have you?

---------

Also just installed Peel on my dad's S5 to control a TV and set-top box

holy heck, if I watched TV I would totally want a phone with IR. Thing is cool af.

Error: 410

I'm drunk,

You there, when we doing the next anime week?  We need someasdf shits with curvy babes that kick ass and don't take shit from nobody!   Like that lady ass kicka..the slug one!asdfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff;;j

Go watch Gunsmith Cats its got Babes, Cars, and Guns. You should be set.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Death, destruction, and mayhem?  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bounty Hunters and prostitutes. 

A couple more casualties appear on my "dropped" list tonight. Oh well.

Dagashikashi (3). mediocre.

Yeah, this show just isn't for me. Calling it "bland" would be understating it... they're even shoving in as much tame fanservice as possible to compensate. The humor is still utterly juvenile and lacks any creativity, plus it hasn't even managed to interest me in the mass-produced snack foods that are apparently supposed to be its theme. Heck, even the Rakuga anime is making me care a bit about its obscure Japanese performance art. About the only things that stood out in this episode were the Alice in Wonderland-themed ED and DeadFish's use of casual expletives in their fansub.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (3). mediocre.

Drama really doesn't suit this series, especially when it feels this phoned in. More comedy, please.

Tabi Machi Late Show (3). good.

Not bad at all. It was a pretty cliched story as usual, but they handled it well enough to hit some feels. I was pleasantly surprised, especially after the last two episodes didn't manage to hit this level.

Sekkou Boys (3). good.

Heh, this was a surprisingly funny sketch. Wish more anime would hit at least this baseline of character comedy, instead of relying on staple anime humor like they just rolled some "stock anime comedy" theme dice and called it a day.

Active Raid (3). awkward.

Ugh. What a mess. I get the distinct impression that there are two teams working on this anime: one that just doesn't give a shit, and one that's trying desperately to salvage this junk. The previous two episodes kinda worked well enough to enjoy this as a silly "just roll with it" anime, but this episode was like a tone-deaf monkey smashing on piano keys. The music was all over the place, comedy sounds were used inappropriately, and even the animation was skipped in some places and replaced with that crappy "icons moving on a screen" cheapness. Worse, it all felt like it came too soon. We have no idea why the villain is doing this beyond sheer boredom, and we haven't been given enough time for the oddball protagonists to grow on us. To top that off, they really forced the ending by having that news-lady make a report that made no sense. If this is how hard they have to contort things to make this plot work, then I have no hope left for it.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (3). good.

Nice tune in the OP for this one. The rest of the episode was so slice of lifey that it's hard to really say much about it; it flowed well, the emotions felt earned, and the characters grew substantially. They skipped unnecessary bits, and really let us get into the head of the future Yakumo-sensei. They did a pretty convincing job of portraying the time-accelerated growth of a friendship, not to mention showing how Yakumo got his determination back after nearly having Rakugo torn from him just as he began to love it. I would have liked to see more of the reaction from his sensei, given how unhappy the man looked about both of the performances at the end of the last episode, but if that stuff wasn't important then I'm glad they didn't milk it for drama like most such anime would.

Erased (3). great.

It's nice to see an show that doesn't shy away from some of the topics in this episode, though it did straddle the line of being excessive. However, this is an anime chock full of unnerving stuff, like how the MC always narrates in the wrong tense, and all the clues and setup which point to him being responsible for this mess. In a way, a bit of excess really helps manage the tension, even if it's not the pleasant kind of catharsis. In fact the script's management of emotions hints toward a very well put-together show. I haven't been looking forward to an A-1 anime as much as this since AnoHana. However, this consistent quality actually has me quite concerned. Usually a show based on incomplete source material falls apart sooner or later, and the higher they climb the further they have to fall. I hope it tempers expectations successfully, because at this rate there will be no way it can live up to its potential. Plus we're already a quarter of the way through the 12 episodes this show will have (unless they end with a season-ending cliffhanger like some greedy Western TV drama). And yet funny enough, those concerns only add to how unnerving the show is, rather than making me want to drop it so I'm not disappointed later.

Sigh its like im on fucking dial up internet.... look at this shit

post-259091-0-47235200-1453510461.jpg

cant even watch 144p youtube video right now

suppost to be getting a 30down 5 up connection according to speedtest.net. twc must be throttling my connection or youtube is having a stroke because this is bs

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

suppost to be getting a 30down 5 up connection according to speedtest.net. twc must be throttling my connection or youtube is having a stroke because this is bs

Use to watch 480p all the time when I had DSL about a 2 years back. 

Is it prime time (8:00 pm) over there?

My speed usually takes a shit around that time because everybody start streaming and shit. 

Use to watch 480p all the time when I had DSL about a 2 years back. 

Is it prime time (8:00 pm) over there?

My speed usually takes a shit around that time because everybody start streaming and shit. 

yep just turned 8pm... though ive always been able to watch at least 720p at all times even prime time and 1080 during other times but this.... this is terrible. i cant even watch 144p without buffering. never been this bad

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

yep just turned 8pm... though ive always been able to watch at least 720p at all times even prime time and 1080 during other times but this.... this is terrible. i cant even watch 144p without buffering. never been this bad

People must be Netflix and Chilling all over your neighborhood. 

attachicon.gifNew Bitmap Image.jpg

I have been noticing that lately with youtube. Never had a problem before and now it seems to be slowing down. Not as bad as that though.

Blarg

I have been noticing that lately with youtube. Never had a problem before and now it seems to be slowing down. Not as bad as that though.

yea the past 2 or 3 weeks, ive noticed that ive had slower youtube connection as well

Love watching these guys, they just sous vide all the things, all day.

What the deal with sous vide all over the internet, what did I miss?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

shove it through a VPN

it's rare, but when I have issues on YT I flip on PIA and it's all good.

Error: 410

shove it through a VPN

it's rare, but when I have issues on YT I flip on PIA and it's all good.

never used a vpn (gasp lol) what are some good ones, free preferably if thats a thing

pick 2 of 3

thats hard lol.. if i pick good and free then i dont get the vpn so whats the point lol, if i pick good vpn, its gonna cost.

lol joking aside the free one is preferable(hopefully its decent but if not then oh well) hard times atm with cash. living in a tourist city is a bit hard during off seasons 

What the deal with sous vide all over the internet, what did I miss?

IDK but it's the big cooking fad at the moment. 

It cooks food perfectly, but you could probably fit in an entire season of anime while waiting for it to be done. 

IDK but it's the big cooking fad at the moment. 

It cooks food perfectly, but you could probably fit in an entire season of anime while waiting for it to be done.

It's also something to be careful with if you're going to try it, unless you like your food with extra botulism or issues from using plastic bags that can leak chemicals in those conditions.

I am learning about Usenet.

Me gusta.

Me gusta to the max.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2NXsk

@MyInnerFred

do u foqin wok m8?

http://i.imgur.com/gzVTsuo.webm

I'd like to try some wok one day. Preferably with no soy sauce. I love salt. I can eat it raw and only. But God help me, soy sauce is nasty af.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.