Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

BORLWcf.jpg

My favorite part? 

The Skull guy looking over the driver seat headrest.

Undertale?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@MyInnerFred

Please use MB for Megabytes and Mb for Megabits. Your post confuses me if you are meaning Megabits. 120-130 Mb/s is bad for an HDD (that's 15-16 MB/s).

In regards to keeping data safe, I view price as no object, to a point (that point being reasonably higher prices for drives that are reasonably better). So I guess this is my personal gambit. This is why I get WD Reds. I don't get Pros because "moar speed" isn't necessary and isn't worth the price hike (again, balance).

Uses? Not sure what you mean there. Give an example. My post or the article reads like that?

This is true. But once your experience adequately doesn't reflect what the thing is telling you is true, you can discount it and go back to dice because, in that case, dice is better (since you've personally seen that the data is wrong). You could do that and the data have been right and you just personally unlucky. But that's unlikely enough to be worth the risk.

If I buy WDs and they repeatedly fail on me more than that graph dictates (to the point that it's beyond chance), then I stop using the graph. If it's only within margin of error, then it may as well be no different than dice, which is not a loss. 

So let's split it up in terms of probability. To illustrate why I do what I do and say what I say.

There are 3 possibilities. The graph is skewed positively (i.e. it's right), it's random (i.e. it's irrelevant), or it's skewed negatively (it advocates drives that will fail more than others).

Let's just say, since we can't know the probabilities of said possibilities to happen, they are equal thirds of happening. 

If it's positively skewed, I won, because I found a resource to buy reliable drives.

If it's random, I did not lose or win, because it is no different from Dice, and I have no other, better, resource to rely on.

If it's negative, I lost, but I will realize this at a point and go back to Dice. 

So 33% chance to lose and 67% to not lose (all that matters in the end). Compared to dice, which are completely random.

So the question: "Why wouldn't I use that data?" - "Because it's wrong" isn't a valid answer imo. Risking it being wrong is worth the potential good of it being right. That's my point.

This is why I consider even information that is possibly skewed to have value. It's situational (if I have something more reliable and already tested to use, I'll use that ofc) though, and in this particular situation, going with the graph is a good decision in my eyes. At least until it's proven otherwise by my own personal testing.

well for starters your analysis is perfectly legitimate.. assuming that's the only piece of data being used. The entire crux of the issue is centered around cost effectiveness, since it doesn't apply to you then I would see it as.. weak but not baseless. You can do that, but using this specific set of data to do so seems nonchalant that you might as well have not even bothered to split hairs.

Your statistic comparison also holds true assuming that price isn't an issue. For everyone else using this data, it will be. That will tend to normalize the benefit of the gamble.

It's closer to:

33% win, decision by metrics. Congrations

33% no difference, penalized by cost difference

33% entirely negative, worst possible scenario

All of these are theoretical since the consumer can't really figure out what they were dealt, beyond extraordinary situations.

Not everyone is going to look at this like you or be in your situation. The random twit that goes and tells everyone to never buy SG drives because he read this is what drives me up the wall and why it does more harm than good, despite the fact that it benefits you. Even if it works for you, be aware that other people (definitely not here though) may at some point read that and consider it an endorsement.

If you look at some of my older actually helping "helping" posts, I made them lengthy because I tried my best to be very precise and considerate that virtually anyone and at any time will read it and take it for truth.

And you also have to factor in that In some situations it's worth considering if the differences in failure rate actually matter

4/100 is 100% more larger than 2/100, effective double failure rate. But at the same time still a very small rate.

Standard consumer and single drive? Will likely not matter. Power user? It still likely won't matter and I'd say price and experience are key in this region. Data centers and large scale operations that will definitely matter but at this point (as it is to you) price does not matter.

If SG offered a better warranty service I'd probably go to them by default, because catastrophic data loss will never be a concern.

If someone wanted to do a no holds build, then by all means stock up on WD blacks

If WD offers a specific optimization for your use that the competitors don't (and you feel compelled) I would go for that.

If I had an Xbone or PS4 (lmao) I would just buy whatever is cheapest because all of the drives have a 0% failure rate and infinite life if they're not powered on.

Error: 410

Speaking of failure, personal blog post.

Refabbed my headliner today, yo.

Got everything down super flush down to the gaskets. It's was a bit of a challenge since I had to basically tetris the thing out of my front door, and it's pretty fucking hard to wrap a layer of foam and cloth over a really awkwardly shaped piece of fiber board while having no room for messing up (glue adheres on contact) and having ZERO wrinkles.

It was even more of a pain in the ass to get it back in because I did all of this alone and had to hold it up while lining up a hook on the backside of it and slipping it between two B pillars (support beams that hold seat belts) that I couldn't remove because I don't have a goddamn elephant sized Torx bit. IDK WHY YOU WOULD USE TORX IN A CAR.

my hands are kill, cuts everywhere

looks nice. Do you tend to leave your windows open or is it just a shit headliner from factory?

as for torx as long as its not a standard slot or Phillips im good with it lol

My favorite part? 

The Skull guy looking over the driver seat headrest.

Undertale?

clearly watched dodger fight him for hours as I recall lol

looks nice. Do you tend to leave your windows open or is it just a shit headliner from factory?

as for torx as long as its not a standard slot or Phillips im good with it lol

clearly watched dodger fight him for hours as I recall lol

oh no, I've actually avoided her videos for spoilers

And both. I used to drive like 80 with all four down a lot, lol

And Florida heat combined with the fact that the headliner is of known lemon quality with my car.

fucking 85f and mosquitos on DEC THE FKN 30TH is why "Florida man" is a thing. I get irritable by the time it's 10 AM.

@Vitalius undertale indeed.

also don't oversell the intelligent consumer.

we're not the majority here, the majority are (harsh but I'm not the kind to sugar coat) technological imbeciles

@MyInnerFred

Please use MB for Megabytes and Mb for Megabits. Your post confuses me if you are meaning Megabits. 120-130 Mb/s is bad for an HDD (that's 15-16 MB/s).

My bad my bad, I fixed my error. I'll make sure not to do that again.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You guys are overthinking the HDD thing. Just buy whatever you feel has treated you well in the past and then do what I did. I pounded 40TB+ of random blocks onto my drive before I put anything on it. That was basically full load for 192 hours. If it survives that its probably safe to use for a while.

@helping.

>torx bolts

You would be surprised. Every bolt in my volkswagen is torx. Its really nice for when the bolts are rusted. Assuming you keep a straight pressure you can almost always get it out. Even more so if you are using an impact.

@Tr3vor

Is the neck warped? Or are you lefty?

If you are lefty just do what Jimi Hendrix did. Nothing wrong with an upside down guitar.

Was it you that posted all the ibanez guitars?

If so I feel like spending money on 1 or 2 good quality guitars instead of like 8 ibanez would have been a better choice.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

My bad my bad, I fixed my error. I'll make sure not to do that again.

It's k. Just something to point out because it confused me.

@helping; understood. Makes sense. I don't know. I take an absolute "that's a bad idea" when it has positives in some situations personally for some reason. I guess I have a narcissistic tendency? The polls are in and my lengthy posts about my life that I'm fairly sure no one cares about says "Yes. Yes you do."

@Charger

It is hard to entertain and play vidya games (so close to rhyming but not quite there).

... I need to listen to Starbomb's first album again.

You guys are overthinking the HDD thing. Just buy whatever you feel has treated you well in the past and then do what I did. I pounded 40TB+ of random blocks onto my drive before I put anything on it. That was basically full load for 192 hours. If it survives that its probably safe to use for a while.

So, you basically fast forwarded through the first year(s) of the HDD's life. Since that's when most fail.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I bought this at a pawn shop today.

I think I have a problem...

unless the problem is you don't know how to play, I see no problem.

I bought an ibanez bass at a pawn shop before it was decent. I never really learned how to play it though and kind of partially traded it for my first drivable car lol

@Tr3vor

Is the neck warped?

Was it you that posted all the ibanez guitars?

If so I feel like spending money on 1 or 2 good quality guitars instead of like 8 ibanez would have been a better choice.

No, my S6 has a rather wide angle lens to it, it makes things kinda look bowed. If there was anything visibly bowed like that, I wouldn't dare even look at it lol.

It actually plays really nicely. I have 3 Ibanez guitars right now, and each have a purpose, a 6 string in drop c, a 7 in standard/drop A and a 7 in Eb or drop Ab. 

Edit, its not a lefty either, I just took a picture, that isn't the way you typically take the picture...

Old shit no one cares about but me.

@MyInnerFred , apperently I have ships not available to anyone in world of warships ...

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Speaking of failure, personal blog post.

Refabbed my headliner today, yo.

Got everything down super flush down to the gaskets. It's was a bit of a challenge since I had to basically tetris the thing out of my front door, and it's pretty fucking hard to wrap a layer of foam and cloth over a really awkwardly shaped piece of fiber board while having no room for messing up (glue adheres on contact) and having ZERO wrinkles.

It was even more of a pain in the ass to get it back in because I did all of this alone and had to hold it up while lining up a hook on the backside of it and slipping it between two B pillars (support beams that hold seat belts) that I couldn't remove because I don't have a goddamn elephant sized Torx bit. IDK WHY YOU WOULD USE TORX IN A CAR.

my hands are kill, cuts everywhere

came out "k" I think.

Still need to remove some glue off the back from when my dingus dad tried to spray it himself to repair it instead of doing it properly

Back seat of my car is surprisingly comfortable. I had a moment where it hit me that I never know how it feels to be a passenger in my car and don't know what music sounds like in the back seat.

The gray and black gives a good two-tone look over factory flat gray everywhere to my taste

struggles before

It looks a bit worse than it actually was because at this point parts of it started falling because I'd already taken out parts from the front of it before taking this picture.

Good fun/10

Hopefully I'll never have to do it to this car again.

Actual PC shit, Rosewill has a pretty cool system for mounting optical drives in SFF. Thing rotates and pulls out.

Nice job.

@MyInnerFred , apperently I have ships not available to anyone in world of warships ...

How?

Blarg

Wait what? What ships? Why? How?

Russian Diana , not available on tech tree from what I see

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Russian Diana , not available on tech tree from what I see

It's a premium ship. Iirc you could only get it during a special event at some point.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

It's a premium shop. Iirc you could only get it during a special event at some point.

interesting , i was in on the closed alpha and beta , maybe thats how i got her 

https://gyazo.com/68256a987172702a074e9b63123dea9c

Spoiler
Spoiler

http://www.ehow.com/about_6127367_do-students-shoes-off-school_.html?dmsp=manual

In the following video, the great part starts at 0:38,

I'm told he has a $100,000 staircase leading up to his office. He won't let us see it. ... We saw it anyway.

† Christian Member †

I expected that first game over to go a really different way then it did lol

>5 minutes in, hit bad end

impressive