Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Verizon may be a bit pricey, but it's not like you're paying insane prices. Just pricey enough to warrant a very reliable service connection and awesome speeds. Seriously, our Verizon service is almost never down, whereas on Bright House it was down all the time, nor do our speeds on average drop below the 75/75. In fact they're usually much higher.

I wish I could have speeds like that.

Blarg

Dam...

If it's a consolation, I have some very old files on here (in terms of surviving so many PCs for so long with someone like me in possession of them).

>Date Taken: 01/22/2001 12:52:04 AM 

I was 7 years old.

My mom took a ton of pictures.

... i don't know. i just think some file that old on my pc is a cool thing.

>Total Pictures I have: ~30,000

... A ton.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If it's a consolation, I have some very old files on here (in terms of surviving so many PCs for so long with someone like me in possession of them).

>Date Taken: 01/22/2001 12:52:04 AM 

I was 7 years old.

My mom took a ton of pictures.

... i don't know. i just think some file that old on my pc is a cool thing.

>Total Pictures I have: ~30,000

... A ton.

If this is on your 4TB network attached hard drive, then that's metal as heck

lol'd

tin-foil beenie

I bet Tek Syn would get a kick out of this

Error: 410

If this is on your 4TB network attached hard drive, then that's metal as heck

It is indeed. It hasn't survived on that specific drive that long (4TB drives weren't a thing in 2001 ofc). 

Went from mom's camera -> mom's laptop (years) -> sat on my desk on mom's HDD from laptop for well over a year -> stored on main PC (first evar gaming PC) (year) -> ??? (corrupted memory) (years) -> stored on spare 2.5" random HDD (year) -> 4TB Network attached HDD

Some of these photos might be older. These aren't scans. These are copies from the originals (as close to an original as you can be when moving from one PC to another).

Resolution on these pictures from 2003 aren't bad tho. 2800x2100 or something weird.

Either the EXIF data is still there, or there's a timestamp on the image itself.

Thank you based Bulk Rename Utility's "view all files in a file hierarchY" feature, plus it's "Picture Viewer" window. :D

Edit:

>looks at around 100 images

>somehow, Bulk Rename Utility is suddenly using 20GB of RAM

>JESUS

@helping

>picture of step-brother when he was 13

>wearing t-shirt that says "I'm a virgin, but this is an old t-shirt."

topkek material imo

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It is indeed. It hasn't survived on that specific drive that long (4TB drives weren't a thing in 2001 ofc). 

Went from mom's camera -> mom's laptop (years) -> sat on my desk on mom's HDD from laptop for well over a year -> stored on main PC (first evar gaming PC) (year) -> ??? (corrupted memory) (years) -> stored on spare 2.5" random HDD (year) -> 4TB Network attached HDD

Some of these photos might be older. These aren't scans. These are copies from the originals (as close to an original as you can be when moving from one PC to another).

Resolution on these pictures from 2003 aren't bad tho. 2800x2100 or something weird.

Either the EXIF data is still there, or there's a timestamp on the image itself.

Thank you based Bulk Rename Utility's "view all files in a file hierarchY" feature, plus it's "Picture Viewer" window. :D

Edit:

>looks at around 100 images

>somehow, Bulk Rename Utility is suddenly using 20GB of RAM

>JESUS

@helping

>picture of step-brother when he was 13

>wearing t-shirt that says "I'm a virgin, but this is an old t-shirt."

topkek material imo

how big of a deal is data rot with that?

wasn't aware bulk rename could do snapshots too, I use it a bit for forcing Plex to notice things.

i'll probably go about seeing how to schedule cmd to snapshot the hierarchy (that's possible in CMD and not just Powershell, right?)

throw some .bats in folder set it scheduled tasks?

Error: 410

how big of a deal is data rot with that?

wasn't aware bulk rename could do snapshots too, I use it a bit for forcing Plex to notice things.

i'll probably go about seeing how to schedule cmd to snapshot the hierarchy (that's possible in CMD and not just Powershell, right?)

throw some .bats in folder set it scheduled tasks?

Haven't noticed any honestly. If it has happened, it mustn't have been significant enough to corrupt a file.

>snapshots

? It has a picture previewer. wat do u mean snapshots? You mean like folder hierarchy listings for archiving purposes? Naw. It just lets you look at every file in an entire structure. So say I want to see files in both /data/folder1 && /data/folder2 in the same listing without swapping and without having two windows open. I can select /data and then set it to show files in both folder1 & folder2 and not show folders themselves. 

Very useful.

Ya, you can do that. On cmd line, it will be "tree <directory> /A /F > foo.txt" without "s ofc.

That simple.

† Christian Member †

I just finished K-On!!

I cried 3 times in the last few episodes. I want there to be more :( I really wanna read the manga but for some reason the anime version of K-On! kind of made it pop.

IMO there'll never be a better anime than K-On!. I watched the entire of season 1 in 3 days and I loved every episode. It was great to see all of the characters develop musically and emotionally, and I'm having a hard time getting to the fact that the Light Music Club will never be together again.

The song that they sang to Azusa made me cry so fucking much.

"#Otaku"

Did I just put a lemon in my mouth?

I do like lemons.

I just finished K-On!!

I cried 3 times in the last few episodes. I want there to be more :( I really wanna read the manga but for some reason the anime version of K-On! kind of made it pop.

IMO there'll never be a better anime than K-On!. I watched the entire of season 1 in 3 days and I loved every episode. It was great to see all of the characters develop musically and emotionally, and I'm having a hard time getting to the fact that the Light Music Club will never be together again.

The song that they sang to Azusa made me cry so fucking much.

How much anime series you've seen? 8? (Not making a fun, If i recall your MAL was quite short)

I'm not saying that it won't stay as your all time favorite anime, but your statement that "there'll never be a better anime" is quite bold when you've seen only so little. :)

Personally second season was a drag for me, it got better and the end though.

You have seen movie, right?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Just caught up with the thread, I have exams in a week so I'm spending most of my time studying

Sorry to hear about your server @TopWargamer, some nice hard drive "discussions" :P

I just got the rPi I ordered tried running OpenELEC it works but I cant seem to connect to my SMB share that doenst have a password on it, they force me to use a password. 

Oh well maybe I'll try it again tonight

Deleted code is debugged code.

this is long post with some ranting.

That's probably one of the worst defenses you can use, next to "if you do nothing wrong then there's nothing to hide from Big Brother"

Advanced modern society is built on a system of compromise. You give up rights and freedoms (such as privacy and security) in exchange for protection and safety. That is not natural state but striking a balance is what maintains quality of life and social function. This specific exchange is so goddamn off the charts as "anti-pareto." Compare what you gain to what you lose. It doesn't matter if you feel paranoid or anxious, it flat out doesn't make sense from a pure logic perspective.

im not american and dont subscribe to american views on such things. i think their more trouble than their worth. I'm done with caring about stuff willingly signed up for. i.e. social media sells you identity..eh i dont care anymore. I keep and my data and a spare key at ms, etc. The "freedoms" i lost i can can reclaim with stuff that needs it with true crypt and vms with drive encrypt etc. for stuff which i do not care if the nsa/asio uses i started doing suspicious things. so be it... (i dont think those freedoms can be reclaimed for the time being.  In saying that i dont think nsa's mass data collecting is remotely useful enough for the time and cost given how many outcomes you would really get for resources invested. But i dont believe in absolute privacy from gov under normal circumstances as an enforced right if a company wished to make product which increases you privacy at the cost of their control altogether (apple iPhones that apple has on key to decrypt...i think thats good as it puts the onus off them to deal with the privacy issue related then).

as i said what i do care about is only advertising which rarely if ever makes you first agree to be advertised to first tracking you. i dont endorse Facebook like buttons tracking users who didn't actually agree to use Facebook either. 

off that rant this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/06/the-internet-of-things-you-dont-really-need/396485/

extremely good and thought provoking read.

on another rant of mine of late

people whining online about download limits on consumer connections like their the greatest evil in the universe.

Im not going to defend comcasts inaccurate counting and blatant attempts to attack and harm all other competing services. But download limits if sensible are reasonable. in australia even with the best isps we usually have download limits due to profitability and practical issues created from having none and the new 1tb download limits on the likes of westnet and tpg work quite well. similarly your average elderly person only needs a 300 50/100gb connection in practical terms unless their a big netflix/presto/etc user.

All I'm saying you should pay more for higher usage is not unreasonable if the cost for that amount of data is sane an sensible bandwidth on cables especially upstream is free or unlimited. especially outside america when overseas servers have to be accessed.

also does anyone know to make cups admin remote access on the local network work?

i have this config on a centos vm

MaxLogSize 1mLogLevel warn# Allow remote accessPort 631Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sockBrowsing OnBrowseLocalProtocols dnssdDefaultAuthType BasicWebInterface Yes<Location />  # Allow remote administration...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Location /admin>  # Allow remote administration...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Location /admin/conf>  AuthType Default  Require user @[member='System']  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Policy default>  JobPrivateAccess default  JobPrivateValues default  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default  SubscriptionPrivateValues default  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit All>    Order deny,allow  </Limit></Policy><Policy authenticated>  JobPrivateAccess default  JobPrivateValues default  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default  SubscriptionPrivateValues default  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>    AuthType Default    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>    AuthType Default    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>    AuthType Default    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit All>    Order deny,allow  </Limit></Policy>BrowseWebIF YesServerCertificate /etc/pki/tls/certs/cups.crtServerKey /etc/pki/tls/certs/cups.key

and this on a opens use

LogLevel warn# Allow remote accessPort 631#Listen 127.0.0.1:631#Listen 192.168.1.45:631Listen /run/cups/cups.sockBrowsing OnBrowseLocalProtocols dnssdDefaultAuthType BasicWebInterface Yes<Location />  # Allow remote administration...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Location /admin>  # Allow remote administration...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Location /admin/conf>  AuthType Default  Require user @[member='System']  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...  Order allow,deny  Allow all</Location><Policy default>  JobPrivateAccess default  JobPrivateValues default  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default  SubscriptionPrivateValues default  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit All>    Order deny,allow  </Limit></Policy><Policy authenticated>  JobPrivateAccess default  JobPrivateValues default  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default  SubscriptionPrivateValues default  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>    AuthType Default    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>    AuthType Default    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>    AuthType Default    Require user @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>    AuthType Default    Require user @OWNER @[member='System']    Order deny,allow  </Limit>  <Limit All>    Order deny,allow  </Limit></Policy><Policy allowallforanybody>  JobPrivateAccess all  JobPrivateValues none  SubscriptionPrivateAccess all  SubscriptionPrivateValues none  <Limit All Validate-Job Cancel-Jobs Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Get-Document>    Order deny,allow    Allow from all  </Limit></Policy>DefaultPolicy default

but neither allows remote access to admin it just times out.

to opens use's credit ssl in on by default with cups rather than turned on annoyingly and manually

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

How much anime series you've seen? 8? (Not making a fun, If i recall your MAL was quite short)

I'm not saying that it won't stay as your all time favorite anime, but your statement that "there'll never be a better anime" is quite bold when you've seen only so little. :)

not very many. The second season was great IMO and I'm gonna watch the movie tonight.

I'm saying that there'll never be a better anime because I'd say that I liked it so much that it equals Futurama, a show that has great sentimental value to me.

"There will never be a better anime than K-On"

"It equals Futurama"

"I haven't seen very many anime"

It's impossible to take anyone seriously when they say that combination of things. If it wasn't for the Futurama comparison I'd just find it cute, but frankly it's insulting to Futurama to thusly compare it to K-on. They're not even in the same league. K-On isn't even in Aria's league as a slice of life series. It's just a nicely animated after school special without any of the life lessons.

agreed, I marathoned the first season and then had to force myself to watch the second season since to me it seemed to drag really bad compared to the first season but maybe it's charm just wore off before the second season started.

It's impossible to take anyone seriously when they say that combination of things. If it wasn't for the Futurama comparison I'd just find it cute, but frankly it's insulting to Futurama to thusly compare it to K-on. They're not even in the same league. K-On isn't even in Aria's league as a slice of life series. It's just a nicely animated after school special without any of the life lessons.

I mean in my favourite TV shows of all time.

Windows install rebuild complete...

As a bonus, I was able to make the latest Linux Mint install properly and now I'm going to try and get AMD Crimson on there...

Wait... there's music in K-On?

I heard something about the show pretty much forgetting the music aspect.

The music's not that bad... It's good enough to keep me distracted from the discomfort of commuting in the capital...

Edit:

The show has the TV versions of most of the songs by HTT... theres a DEATH DEVIL (their advisor's band) album out there and there's also a band tutorial set...

@MyInnerFred Got my Bag! :D

@linuxfan66 Could you please put that wall of Code in a Spoiler? Thanks :)

i should point this out, but in most sites code boxes are collapsible like spoiler boxes are...not sure why it isn't here

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

my mother threw the dakimakura out, it lived a long beautiful 2 weeks. smelt like cherries

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1