Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

mantra of many people I know

tisk tisk , A's get you hired 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Getting A's is overrated. 

thats why i get A+'s bitches :P  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

an A is possible, but often not really that efficient.

If an A takes 20 hours a week of work and a B takes 10, then B is always the better choice when you've got other classes to survive through.

Error: 410

thats why i get A+'s bitches :P

We don't get +/- letter grading, at least for engineering classes. 

We don't get +/- letter grading, at least for engineering classes. 

i convert my grade % to the equivalent letter grades 

Spoiler
Spoiler

So it turns out that Concrete Revolutio is easily the most underrated anime of the season, while potentially being the best one. It's really interesting how harsh people have been on it online for not being straightforward, given how it's basically the kind of anime those same people seem to claim they really want. Looks like no one wants to actually be challenged by an anime, just faux-challenged by something that pulls at their heartstrings or something.

Concrete Revolutio (6). good.

Well well. What seemed like a decent little one-off episode paid off well enough to tie the series together pretty nicely in the end. Not only was their use of a B-cast of losers a great way to contrast with the kaijuu in the last episode, but it also managed to flesh out a bit more about the other factions as well, and all without feeling overly jumpy in the editing. Some clunky pacing aside, it even felt pretty sincere. They're doing a pretty good job overall of making a story with several factions whose motivations are still unclear, but where I'm still entertained enough to watch it. Few anime seem able to dole out their story clues in a carefully-paced manner anymore.

Concrete Revolutio (7). great.

Nice. This is easily my favorite episode of new anime I've seen so far this season. At its core it was just a very affectionate Astro Boy homage, but it also weaved and twisted the themes you'd expect to see in an episode like this into the show very skillfully. It not only got the ball rolling on Kikko's character development, but also apparently Jiro's, and as a result it might prove to be the pivotal episode in the series if they play their cards right. Even if not, this was still a great example of how to pay homage rather than to parody. I especially adored how they had Kikko conjure Kobato's jar of "confetti" into existence as a visual metaphor that complicates what Kikko's actual powers and motivations are.

Concrete Revolutio (8). good.

This show just gets better and better at integrating its homage with its themes, and in finding just the right ways to toss themes from darker comics and manga (especially Watchmen) into the fray. But other than appreciating it on that meta level, I found the little touches of comedy and characterization in this episode were a lot smoother than usual. The cast is finally becoming a team that will be sad to see broken up, and it doesn't matter whether the mystery of this episode wasn't much of a mystery, because they remembered that it was the least important part of the story. The writing here is easily the best of the season when it's not being too convoluted for its own good, and it has been a few episodes since I felt that way, so I'm starting to get a bit hyped for this show's potential (especially given it will have a second season).

Concrete Revolutio (9). mediocre.

This was the first episode in a long while that made no real sense on any significant level. I mean, trying to make sense of how immortals work isn't the issue, it's how lazy the script was about the themes and the actual content. It felt completely slapped together and superfluous to the story; just an excuse to have immortals in the show somehow whether they add anything to the story or not. By this show's standards, that's a real disappointment. I don't think anything truly plot-relevant happened here aside from some very light setting-building.

Concrete Revolutio (10). good.

This was a better episode than the last one at least, but only because I don't mind silly time travel episodes (and especially not in a goofy show like this). It also actually helped to develop two of the characters quite a bit, in addition to toying around with the time travel elements to the point where I was less interested in the logic and more in where they were going with the story and its resolution. You can't really ask for much more from a show about time travel anymore than to entertain you, silly or not.

Concrete Revolutio (11). great.

I really liked this episode's framing and storyboarding, especially the cuts during Claude's "Freedom! Peace! Justice!" speech, plus they finally had a nice shot of sakuga animation, but I'm still a bit underwhelmed by their treatment of the US military a a shadowy bit-villain. I trust that it will either be misdirection or just another set-piece to be deconstructed, but we'll see. In the meantime they sure spiced things up with those last few scenes, and gave Kikko's character another fun boost while their Lelouch homage is actually a very clever one for this series, thematically-speaking. Looking forward to seeing how they end this season, let alone how the series progresses in season two.

Unless they ask you for a portfolio.

You give them a portfolio that is A+ in their eyes, and make sure you are applying for the right job. :))

Unless they ask you for a portfolio.

You give them a portfolio that is A+ in their eyes, and make sure you are applying for the right job. :))

thats why ive been stacking up hours with my apprenticeship :P 

Spoiler
Spoiler

That's how anime has been for the last 20 or so years...

It's like with movies and music. Everyone says that "it was better before" but the matter of the fact is that all the mediocre stuff you are exposed to right now will be forgotten in 20 years, and only the really good shows will be remembered. That's how it is for movies and music as well.

Just look at shows like Gunbuster. It's from the 80's and include nipslips, unrealistic boob jiggle when the main character simply walks, scenes where girls are bathing completely naked with each other and their "battle suits" are just leotards.

I´m aware, but it feels like there is more of it now than back then.

Little annoyed with my computer.

cant play Tales of Zesteria because it keeps crashing on me.

Sniper Elite nazi zombie army keeps kicking me to desktop every couple minutes.

Did order a few cds this weekend. Not sure when they will show up because they are coming from japan.

Blarg

does anyone know how to makes gifs and if so you could you do me a favor and make a looping gif of the first few seconds of this video https://www.facebook.com/Crunchyroll/videos/10153489522259340/

Little annoyed with my computer.

cant play Tales of Zesteria because it keeps crashing on me.

Sniper Elite nazi zombie army keeps kicking me to desktop every couple minutes.

Did order a few cds this weekend. Not sure when they will show up because they are coming from japan.

How is that game? I was thinking about getting it. Tales of symphonia was my favorite game on GameCube and one of my favorite games overall.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

How is that game? I was thinking about getting it. Tales of symphonia was my favorite game on GameCube and one of my favorite games overall.

Ill let you know when if I ever play it.

Blarg

oh yeah lol. I guess I didn't really think that through.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

an A is possible, but often not really that efficient.

If an A takes 20 hours a week of work and a B takes 10, then B is always the better choice when you've got other classes to survive through.

Amen!

Deleted code is debugged code.

@TheProfosist naw, I figured it out. UEFI doesn't like it when you unplug drives. It breaks thangs.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I too remember those from when I was a kid. Don't remember what those were called, though.

Pixel art isn't a particularly difficult form of art. Just requires time and patience... A thing I lack.

It does require some artistic skill, though. I wish I took the time to learn for example drawing when I was a kid, but I just kept giving up, as I only got bad results. I was never good in any kind of arts, and now it's kinda late to start learning them. Never drew well, never played any musical instruments, too torn-deaf to sing... The only thing I'm good at, is the art of slacking off and doing nothing useful.

youmu_doodle_by_mazume-d5o8xf0.jpg

Am I just some ridiculously lazy pile of uselessness or could there be something that makes me not have motivation to do much of anything?

Yeah.

1. Being full all the time.

2. Being bored.

3. Being still.

4. Sleeping.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@TheProfosist naw, I figured it out. UEFI doesn't like it when you unplug drives. It breaks thangs.

What what now? Like when the system is on? Or do you mean like ones that were Bootable and the booked is still looking for it?

What what now? Like when the system is on? Or do you mean like ones that were Bootable and the booked is still looking for it?

So, after some reading which was after some googling, I found out what my issue probably is. 

I'll just copy/paste quote the lines that are important. This is as of 2013. The source will be at the bottom. Very informative. I recommend reading this guy's stuff.

.... EFI boot loader management has an Achilles' heel: Because the firmware tries to load a boot loader whose location is stored in NVRAM, the system becomes vulnerable to failure if either the hard disk is swapped out or the NVRAM is erased. Users report being unable to boot if they update their firmware, and moving a disk from one computer to another requires adjusting the NVRAM boot settings. Furthermore, some EFI implementations "helpfully" remove NVRAM settings for boot loaders they can't detect, which can require re-creating the NVRAM settings if you temporarily remove a hard disk and then re-install it. To make matters worse, some computers "forget" their NVRAM settings without provocation, necessitating installing the boot loader as EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi. This isn't so bad in and of itself, but if an OS or boot loader installer sets up the boot loader in the way it officially should, it won't work and the user must intervene manually. These problems may fade in time as EFI implementations improve and as better utilities become available to help manage boot loaders, but at the moment managing EFI boot loaders is harder than it should be.....

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/principles.html

I mean come on. 

This basically means I have to modify bootx64.efi manually, or always always have the drive installed in the system it will be used in. I'll have to reinstall Windows 10 -> Debian 8.2 -> update to kernel 4.2 again because all my dd-ing doesn't mean jack if it doesn't affect the NVRAM settings.

Or I could figure out how to modify either bootx64.efi or the NVRAM for EFI. 

sigh why can't it just be easy.

UUUUUGGGGHHHH.

Just got done working 19.5 hours straight. Hands red (as in, tomato), and sore. Legs, throbbing. Shivering.

Cleaned an entire garage (like, huge, tall, filled with tons of crap, etc) by myself (intentionally).

Doing laundry now. Will take shower and sleep like a baby soon.

sooo much dust D:

I think this is Adam Savage. dis smart mofo...

http://i.imgur.com/4eXjITo.webm

† Christian Member †

Thinking of picking it up, but I haven't played the previous ones. Does it matter?

Thinking of picking it up, but I haven't played the previous ones. Does it matter?

think you  do the plot for corpse party blood drive is is 2 months after the first one and involves the characters that died in the previous one

lives on

BAKABT

does anyone know how to makes gifs and if so you could you do me a favor and make a looping gif of the first few seconds of this video https://www.facebook.com/Crunchyroll/videos/10153489522259340/

Story is really cliche and meh so far, but gameplay is fun.

@TheProfosist has a couple of links to fixes on reddit. I'm sure he can help you.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I just tried reading domestic no kanojo. The opening chapter was appropriately censored could have led to a cool story about the consequences of a one night stand but instead becomes a teacher version of kiss X sis...(from what I read on tvtropes so I dropped within a few chapters)

Still like fuuka but out of place fanservice is out of place

Back to to love ru...

Who pictured here?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory