Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

Finally caught up with One Punch Man, and while it's still not very funny, at least it's finally limped across the line from mediocrity to something that's likely worth watching.

Soremachi manga (ch128). good.

This was a nice little one-off. Who'd have thought that other people would have a crush on the ditzy MC? But I like how she's selectively oblivious. It's a nice contrast from your average anime lead these days.

Rec manga (ch60). so-so.

So Aka lost the part to the bitch, had a good cry about it, and the world goes on. Not much to discuss, really. I'm kind of glad that this arc is over, because I tire of the bitchy girl's character already. I'm hoping the manga starts adding a bit more depth to the proceedings in the next volume.

Berserk (ch342). decent.

This is a bit more like it. Kinda random, but at least the characters are more fun again, and it feels like things are progressing already since we're back with Guts and co.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (ch214-218). decent.

Ah, so they were aiming for that with Carol's "friend". Wonder if it's the same thing as with Tomo, or if they're just fooling around and Carol really doesn't have feelings for the guy?

One Punch Man (5). decent.

I'm starting to see glimpses of a better anime in this now, but they still haven't really delivered much beyond what the title claims. I'm hoping to at least see something interesting happen with Genos' character, since it seems like they're mostly aiming to have people be inspired by Saitama rather than have him do much of anything in this anime except be an excuse for Saitama to play a heel.

One Punch Man (6). so-so.

One decent bald joke, otherwise, there was almost nothing to this episode aside from trying to make the obvious wrap-up at the end seem clever. They introduced Tatsumaki briefly, as well as showing a bunch of other heroes. The action scenes were ok as usual, but I just can't get invested in action scenes if they don't have any emotion behind them. As such, this episode was a big ol' flatline for me, save for a couple of brief moments of the basic amusement I would expect from this premise.

One Punch Man (7). decent.

Finally, a pulse in this show. I've been waiting two episodes now for them to finally get to this point with the "hero administration" stuff, and 7 episodes for something approaching "characterization" to happen. Finally, it feels like the show's actually starting. As long as they can do something clever or vaguely interesting by the end, then it won't feel like a waste of time.

One Punch Man (8). good.

I liked some of the sillier "It Came From Beneath the Sea" bits here, and thankfully they brought a bit more comedy with them this time as well by adding Mumen Rider and having Saitama run again. The rest was nothing special as far as shounen anime go, but it showed that OPM at least has the potential to reach the level of a decent shounen series at this rate. They seem to finally be trying to assemble the show's pieces into something resembling a script, which is a nice change of pace for a show that's started off so slowly I was ready to drop it a few episodes ago.

One Punch Man (9). great.

This series is *tremendously* lucky that they got Madhouse to produce it. It's almost entirely reliant on its presentation, and as usual Madhouse knows how to pull the best out of a series as limited as this. After all, there's barely anything to OPM so far; in fact it's just a traditional underdog story with a bunch of flimsy window dressing around it (basically an inferior Tiger and Bunny so far)... but at least it's not another Plastic Memories or Charlotte. In an era where anime feel like they're just giving up entirely, that pathetically low bar might as well be enough to "save anime" after all. Of course, Madhouse is also struggling to pace the material, but that's a staple problem of theirs (which is why I've stuck with this series as long as I have). If they can keep up the momentum and maybe patch up the comedy a bit, this series will be where it should have been from the start.

"buys two games, suddenly gets a Divine Divinity for free from GoG"

well well well, dont mind if i do even though i already have it physically and on steam lol.

So i´ve continued reading this Star Wars Manwha I mentioned before, and damn i really like this Artist! Glad it continues, another thing i found out is that there was a Manga as well, typical Anime ish with Tsundere Leia. and badass Vader.

Might pick it up if i can find it.

On a completely different side of the spectrum, I ended up ordering a Tt core x9...now I just need to find a place to put it.

Finally caught up with One Punch Man, and while it's still not very funny, at least it's finally limped across the line from mediocrity to something that's likely worth watching.

Soremachi manga (ch128). good.

This was a nice little one-off. Who'd have thought that other people would have a crush on the ditzy MC? But I like how she's selectively oblivious. It's a nice contrast from your average anime lead these days.

Rec manga (ch60). so-so.

So Aka lost the part to the bitch, had a good cry about it, and the world goes on. Not much to discuss, really. I'm kind of glad that this arc is over, because I tire of the bitchy girl's character already. I'm hoping the manga starts adding a bit more depth to the proceedings in the next volume.

Berserk (ch342). decent.

This is a bit more like it. Kinda random, but at least the characters are more fun again, and it feels like things are progressing already since we're back with Guts and co.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (ch214-218). decent.

Ah, so they were aiming for that with Carol's "friend". Wonder if it's the same thing as with Tomo, or if they're just fooling around and Carol really doesn't have feelings for the guy?

One Punch Man (5). decent.

I'm starting to see glimpses of a better anime in this now, but they still haven't really delivered much beyond what the title claims. I'm hoping to at least see something interesting happen with Genos' character, since it seems like they're mostly aiming to have people be inspired by Saitama rather than have him do much of anything in this anime except be an excuse for Saitama to play a heel.

One Punch Man (6). so-so.

One decent bald joke, otherwise, there was almost nothing to this episode aside from trying to make the obvious wrap-up at the end seem clever. They introduced Tatsumaki briefly, as well as showing a bunch of other heroes. The action scenes were ok as usual, but I just can't get invested in action scenes if they don't have any emotion behind them. As such, this episode was a big ol' flatline for me, save for a couple of brief moments of the basic amusement I would expect from this premise.

One Punch Man (7). decent.

Finally, a pulse in this show. I've been waiting two episodes now for them to finally get to this point with the "hero administration" stuff, and 7 episodes for something approaching "characterization" to happen. Finally, it feels like the show's actually starting. As long as they can do something clever or vaguely interesting by the end, then it won't feel like a waste of time.

One Punch Man (8). good.

I liked some of the sillier "It Came From Beneath the Sea" bits here, and thankfully they brought a bit more comedy with them this time as well by adding Mumen Rider and having Saitama run again. The rest was nothing special as far as shounen anime go, but it showed that OPM at least has the potential to reach the level of a decent shounen series at this rate. They seem to finally be trying to assemble the show's pieces into something resembling a script, which is a nice change of pace for a show that's started off so slowly I was ready to drop it a few episodes ago.

One Punch Man (9). great.

This series is *tremendously* lucky that they got Madhouse to produce it. It's almost entirely reliant on its presentation, and as usual Madhouse knows how to pull the best out of a series as limited as this. After all, there's barely anything to OPM so far; in fact it's just a traditional underdog story with a bunch of flimsy window dressing around it (basically an inferior Tiger and Bunny so far)... but at least it's not another Plastic Memories or Charlotte. In an era where anime feel like they're just giving up entirely, that pathetically low bar might as well be enough to "save anime" after all. Of course, Madhouse is also struggling to pace the material, but that's a staple problem of theirs (which is why I've stuck with this series as long as I have). If they can keep up the momentum and maybe patch up the comedy a bit, this series will be where it should have been from the start.

how long one punch man will be? 13 or 14? Is it you that recommended me jormungand, zankyou no terror and fate/zero? 

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

assuming every thing goes well on a simple build I think most of just could put one together in an hour to an hour and a half. However if every thing goes wrong on a complex build you end up like you did 2 years in and ran for 4 days

its one of his computers name

I was more talking listening to me about updating the BIOS/UEFI, configuring it, creating install media properly, competing the install, and finding the correct most up to date drivers.

Hey now it was like 1.6 years for those parts and 5 days. Now it's over two years and I have everything. I'm waiting on finishing my sleeving. Did not find the time last week with black friday.

how long one punch man will be? 13 or 14? Is it you that recommended me jormungand, zankyou no terror and fate/zero?

Lol. He wouldn't recommend ZnK, so I'll suggest that wasn't him.

Error: 410

I was more talking listening to me about updating the BIOS/UEFI, configuring it, creating install media properly, competing the install, and finding the correct most up to date drivers.

Hey now it was like 1.6 years for those parts and 5 days. Now it's over two years and I have everything. I'm waiting on finishing my sleeving. Did not find the time last week with black friday.

meh I felt like I would have been done far faster if I did do all the things you said to do and just installed it.

It was me :P

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

how long one punch man will be? 13 or 14?

12, according to MAL. But it's almost guaranteed to become a franchise at this rate, so I'd be surprised if it didn't get sequels.

Is it you that recommended me jormungand, zankyou no terror and fate/zero?

Lol. He wouldn't recommend ZnK, so I'll suggest that wasn't him.

It was me :P

Well, there you are :D

Yeah, I haven't watched ZnT yet, and I'm pretty careful with recommending F/Z and Jormungand.

meh I felt like I would have been done far faster if I did do all the things you said to do and just installed it.

So you didn't do anything I suggested *cries*

Recently watched both seasons of this : Nurarihyon no Mago

It was 'ok', interesting enough. Finding stuff to watch is so hard nowadays, i may have to try out new genres. lmao

One punch man episode 9 was easily the best thus far and very enjoyable. 

nurarihyon_no_mago_by_karla_e.png

one-punch-man.jpg?w=780

518.gif

CPU: i5 4460  Motherboard: MSI H87-G43  GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 @1600/2100  Ram: Kingston Blu 8GB  PSU: EVGA 600B  Case: Fractal Define S  Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB Seagate HDD

neregate.com-Winter-2015-2016-Anime-Char

CPU: i5 4460  Motherboard: MSI H87-G43  GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 @1600/2100  Ram: Kingston Blu 8GB  PSU: EVGA 600B  Case: Fractal Define S  Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB Seagate HDD

so at least I will have assassination classroom to watch

Wow... More than half of those looks super boring, there is even another VR game like Anime in there.

At least GATE continues...

Hmmm phantasy star online Anime? :S

Maybe I should just watch old stuff again.

6cbc5c76d45c8388872e27867315adf1.png

WTF is this shit

273b620cbee34b790b32c29cd5717232.png

Maybe? 

so at least I will have assassination classroom to watch

I will bet loads that ao no kanata will simply be another show like that one I found hilarious in the summer season. (Kuusen madoushi) Or will be harem bait.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Will watch Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Gate and the new Boukoku no Akito movie. Other than that I`m not sure whether I will watch any new anime in the winter season.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

He first two could we worth it, the last one.

Hahahahahahhahahahahha

No.

No comment on the bandage Anime but it smells like freezing/DxD.

Yeah the code geass movie is probs gonna be trash tbh. The monogatari movie might be good. I just like the summary of the last two more than anything else there. Assassination classroom should be good as well. 

What am I reading?

it's english u cretin

you're probably reading english rn 2.

Yeah the code geass movie is probs gonna be trash tbh. The monogatari movie might be good. I just like the summary of the last two more than anything else there. Assassination classroom should be good as well. 

Aktio moves were very good, actually

they do 5 minute battle sequences in a mecha anime that's over an hour long, and they counteract that by doing 5 minutes of "i don't even physics" OTT combat.

the last movie was a bit of a bummer though

I take that back. Now that I think about it the third movie was pretty shit

----

Wow, sounds great.

gMtRRIF.png

I found the "Yeah, me too" anime.

If they went a little further on this (I'm not sure what else they have left to do, MC conquers the world? Saves it a few times?) it could be another great 3 episode anecdote like Valkyrie or something.

Error: 410

gMtRRIF.png

I found the "Yeah, me too" anime.

If they went a little further on this (I'm not sure what else they have left to do, MC conquers the world? Saves it a few times?) it could be another great 3 episode anecdote like Valkyrie or something.

I must have blocked this one out of my memory