Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Holy crap i actually found something worth keeping while throwing out all the crap ive been hording all these years. Lol

attachicon.gif20151213_180827.jpg

I was dumb I sold my copy of the game a couple years ago along with my GameCube. Then I regretted it and re-bought it. I need to play again at some point great game.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Operation Nutcracker update: Just trying to boot into Debian via Super Grub2 Disk didn't work. It keeps failing at EXEC when trying to get to /bin/plymouth.

I have no idea what any of that means. sigh Looks like it's going to have to be done the harder way. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

fault milestone 2 is fantastic the artwork is amazing and there are some really funny lines.

*Note doesn't contain actual spoilers:

GjuhaAR.jpg

RNeCiWu.jpg

@Vitalius

Does debian have a recovery mode like ubuntu has? If so you should be able to run 'update grub' (probably as root) to try and fix it.

If it doesn't have a recovery mode you could always chroot in and run that command.

Or for the /bin/plymouth there are these articles:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/170667/failed-at-step-exec-spawning-bin-plymouth-debian-testing

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=169931

It seems to be an issue with fstab.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

@Vitalius

Does debian have a recovery mode like ubuntu has? If so you should be able to run 'update grub' (probably as root) to try and fix it.

If it doesn't have a recovery mode you could always chroot in and run that command.

Or for the /bin/plymouth there are these articles:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/170667/failed-at-step-exec-spawning-bin-plymouth-debian-testing

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=169931

It seems to be an issue with fstab.

>responding from Debian 8.2 live cd

When it fails, it goes into emergency mode and asks me to log in as root. Once I do, running update grub returns that it cannot find the update command.

If I chroot in, I have to mount the efi partition to /boot/efi. The efi partition is /dev/sda4. The main system partition is /dev/sda1. Read more about how that didn't work out for me here: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=125678

I tried rEFInd, but that produced the same problem. :(

I'm working through the solutions from this wiki page: https://wiki.debian.org/GrubEFIReinstall

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Vitalius

Basically what the other guy said.

You have to mount /boot/efi before chrooting in.

Other then that you should continue with that guide. I don't use grub I just manually select from bios if I need to get into windows. And its on different disks.

Also thats a strange partition order. Would usually put the efi partition earlier on the disk. Not that it really matters but if you try to extend your root partition its not going to be on continuous sectors. Also efi only needs to be 100M. But again it doesn't really matter.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Right and the first tank didnt fire from underneath because.....?

Or the others going around and shoot?

1) The loader doesn't do shit, but just scream i don't want to die!

2) They must have no ammo.

3) They concentrate too much of going under the Maus and the commander and the gunner forgot to tell the loader to load in the shell.

Pulled from this week's discussion thread, to keep that thread more in-topic (also: an on-topic post from me? What is this sorcery!?):

Yep, I've met a fair few of them. 

I had someone see that I was reading manga when I was at college last week, and after telling them my name, they called me 'My name'-San, which was a massive red flag. 

I don't mind people that are trying to learn Japanese saying the name of items or something, in order to help them remember it. It's the people that just know the common words used in anime and mix them into English sentences. I often find myself trying to translate things in my head, as I listen to various Japanese audio lessons when I go to sleep and if I go for a walk, but I don't mix Japanese words into English sentences. 

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

It's a weird line. You can watch obsessive amounts of anime and still not be a weeaboo, you can read manga every night before you go to bed and not be a weeaboo, you can even head to Japan for a holiday every year and not be a weeaboo - but as soon as you start identifying yourself as Japanese, you are one.

I've even caught myself saying "Kawaii" whilst watching anime, but if I talk about girls with mates in real life, I use English. You know, that thing I was taught since I was born. I'll happily identify as Otaku, though.

Yep. 

A lot of people consider just watching anime being a weeaboo from what I can tell. 

I know plenty of people who collect figures, watch anime every day and go on trips to Akihabara whenever they can, but aren't weeaboos. They have a hobby and an interest and that's that. I know people who watch far less, don't collect things and so on, but are weeaboos. I know a couple that have just decided that they are half Japanese, all of a sudden. 

I can't remember where this saying is from and who made it, but I guess it applies here well: since the odds are they (weeaboos) are trying (keyword: "trying") to learn Japanese, just like with every other skill: "The less they know, the more they'll brag".

I'll just say that I have been there a little bit, but stopped quite soon after starting as I realized how stupid and cringeworthy behavior that is.

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

Been there, done that. Have done just a few times IRL, a bit more online. But again, stopped quite soon.

And to say, this isn't even the most shameful behavior I have done...

I wish I could go back in time and punch my past self in the face. As time goes on I keep finding more ways to be yet more ashamed of myself than before...

touhou___youmu_z_duchem_by_extazalc-d52l

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

3) They concentrate too much of going under the Maus and the commander and the gunner forgot to tell the loader to load in the shell.

I... I don't even.

Pulled from this week's discussion thread, to keep it more in-topic:

I can't remember where this saying is from and who made it, but I guess it applies here well: since the odds are they (weeaboos) are trying (keyword: "trying") to learn Japanese, just like with every other skill: "The less they know, the more they'll brag".

I'll just say that I have been there a little bit, but stopped quite soon after starting as I realized how stupid and cringeworthy behavior that is.

Been there, done that. Have done just a few times IRL, a bit more online. But again, stopped quite soon.

And to say, this isn't even the most shameful behavior I have done...

I wish I could go back in time and punch my past self in the face. As time goes on I keep finding more ways to be yet more ashamed of myself than before...

QkYQXKJ.jpg

Did that just come out of her ass? 

nigga u know what a scarf is?

Error: 410

It's her ghost half. Don't ask how being a half-human half-phantom works...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

@Vitalius

Basically what the other guy said.

You have to mount /boot/efi before chrooting in.

Other then that you should continue with that guide. I don't use grub I just manually select from bios if I need to get into windows. And its on different disks.

Also thats a strange partition order. Would usually put the efi partition earlier on the disk. Not that it really matters but if you try to extend your root partition its not going to be on continuous sectors. Also efi only needs to be 100M. But again it doesn't really matter.

So, some things.

When you say "mount /boot/efi". My understanding of chroot is it's "change root". So you are changing environments to work in, basically.

There are two /boot/efi's then. The /boot/efi for the current system (the live CD in this case that I'm actually working from), and the /boot/efi in the broken system on the SSD.

For me to mount /dev/sda4 to /boot/efi, I have to chroot into the system. But the system is on /dev/sda1, and I can't access /dev/sda4 from this chroot. That's what confuses me. Ofc I'm not understanding something about this, since you and that guy say that's what I need to do, so there must be a thing I'm not getting here.

Regarding the guide, I realized that if I boot from CD, it is in Legacy mode (not EFI mode) which is the first thing that guide says to check. Currently putting a CD image onto a USB that is using GPT so I can do that.

I believe I put the EFI partition at the end so I could work from the beginning (since that's what most programs reference as 0 when talking bytes, sectors, wtv) when doing that stuff without worrying about the EFI partition.

I had no idea how much it needed. Just gave it more than enough to be safe.

Edit:

So, just to be clear, this is my situation, as it unfolded.

1. Installed Debian.

2. Went through hell getting it to work with all mah stuff. It now works with all my stuff. **This involved updating the Kernel to 4.0 from 3.16, so I have two kernels.**

3. Customized it a bit.

4. Realized I needed Windows for games.

5. Installed Windows 10 over Debian, causing Windows' boot loader to delete Grub2.

I made a backup of my system via dd -> .img right before installing Windows. So if I do give up and say "screw it", I have a backup.

However, I see no reason there shouldn't be a way to fix Grub easily and have it work around Windows. If I had installed Debian over Windows, it would've intelligently not screwed with Windows' boot loader and just added an option to choose it in Grub for booting to Windows.

I just need to fix Grub and everything should be fine. My issue is that rEFInd, and Super Grub 2 Disk couldn't boot into my system because it failed to find some disk or device with a loooong UUID, and thereby couldn't find /bin/plymouth which is apparently required for EXEC.

My case is special and my system complicated tho. I used GPT on the disk, so it's EFI. I also installed ZFSOnLinux and stuck my /home directory on the ZFS drive, which is a RAID 0 of four different drives that are actually one drive with fakeRAID that Linux is too smart to use.

I don't see why where my /home directory is would be a problem tho. The system should still boot. / contains /bin and that's definitely on the SSD I've been trying to fix.

I wondered if maybe just running a LiveCD and trying to install Debian again to make a new Grub2, but not touch **anything** else would work, but I doubt that. Basically reinstall only the bootloader.

Edit 2:

Apparently booting in EFI mode is not possible with a Live CD/image. Great. Now what. :|

*HYPERVENTILATES*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360940/

PUNCHING ME RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD

100% going to be so unproductive winter break

apparently you missed it when I posted that. :B

† Christian Member †

*HYPERVENTILATES*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360940/

PUNCHING ME RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD

100% going to be so unproductive winter break

I just bought it but forgot I don't have a goddamn graphics card smh

5v5? the maps look a tad big for 5v5, It might get boring.

but then again most of my steam friends wouldn't even buy this. All they do is play CS:GO, dota2 and L4D2.

SEA servers suck hard.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

5v5? the maps look a tad big for 5v5, It might get boring.

but then again most of my steam friends wouldn't even buy this. All they do is play CS:GO, dota2 and L4D2.

SEA servers suck hard.

really? 5v5 looks like the perfect size. Some of them I'd argue 8 player max.

Error: 410

Wow, did I really actually have time to watch this much anime today? Sweet. Beautiful Bones is kinda fascinatingly bad (and maybe in a kinda good way). Also, @helping, I totes understand what you meant about the Hyouka pool episode now.

Hyouka (11.5). so-so.

A pointless pool episode. Well, at least this was an OVA, so I can't be upset about that. I'm just not happy with how much of a content wasteland it was. The only thing I found genuinely entertaining in this episode was that they put Mayaka on the spot again. Not only is this whole "Oreki is moping" thing exceedingly difficult to care about, they seem to want to just gloss over it and pretend like the Classics Club really are proper friends. But "get over it" is not something proper friends would tell each other, so the series is starting to feel as shallow as the pools that were in this episode. I'm getting the same vibes as I did in OreGaIru (and to a slightly lesser extent Barakamon), where they obsessed over the MC's personality as being the real problem without properly considering the external factors that shaped him into what he was (though to be fair they're clearly avoiding explaining why he is the way he is, so I wouldn't be surprised if they go that route).

Beautiful Bones (1). decent.

This is a fair bit like Young Black Jack so far, just with a bigger budget and with a rather tired premise of a person doing amateur murder investigations. I'll applaud them for trying to give this some stylish animation and framing, but the writing was so simplistic that it all felt surprisingly shallow. Like with Hyouka, there was no point in trying to solve the mystery here - it was just to show off the skill of the detective. Hopefully that will improve. But aside from that aspect of the series, everything else borders on annoying. The main pair aren't very likable yet, and they felt it more necessary to hammer in that they're an Odd Couple than to endear me to them or demonstrate that they're eventually going to have depth as characters. Plus, the script lets the girl just boss cops around, and there's almost nothing to her sidekick. But lest I give off the impression that I hated this: I didn't. I just hope the worst is behind us.

Beautiful Bones (2). awkward.

Hoo boy, did this anime ever get ridiculous fast. It's like they don't know how to frame a dramatic story, but they know the tropes well enough to cobble together something which mimics the effect. Or maybe they had one decent writer and one crazy person on staff, I'm not sure. This episode started off just being a collection of contrivances, and ended up dialed up to 11. Abused children? Psychos? Heroic self-sacrifice? It's like they just kept stuffing in whatever they thought would be cool at a given time, but they also wanted Sakurako and her tag-along to be badasses so badly that the other characters who should be trained for this work had to be grossly incompetent. The net result is something so hammy that it puts this series close to "so bad it's good" territory... I'll need at least another episode to be sure.

Beautiful Bones (3). decent.

Okay, so as a "so bad it's good" show, this one might pass muster. They have no idea how to tell a story properly, but they certainly know what emotions they're aiming for, and there is no melodramatic cliche they won't abuse to get there. It doesn't matter if they have to break the narrative's arm to force a secondary character back into the story, or have a girl needlessly run up a hill just so her cheek will be cut by a passing branch. Everyone else will always be so incompetent that Sakurako has to solve the cases that even the Hardy Boys could solve. It's like they came up with a set of classic dramatic short stories involving deaths, and then tried to violently shoehorn them into this show. The result is so hackneyed that my brain turns itself off as an act of self-preservation, and then I can kind of enjoy this show as a big dumb celebration of tropes. It's just excessive enough that I suspect they're winking at the audience.

One Punch Man (OAD1). so-so.

Well, I guess they tried to make this funny, but the only non-terribly-obvious gag was the one about the villain being a pervert who had just metamorphosed, and that was a real stretch. The rest, as usual, felt less like jokes and more like the expected beats of a story running on fumes. There was also the usual assortment of standard superhero parodies and Saitama's obliviously deadpan reactions to everything, but those gags are about as entertaining to me as the reference-based humor in a "Movie" Movie movie, sadly. Plus there was basically no action here, either. I was hoping there would at least be a solid joke in the origin of his costume, but apparently it's funny enough to just point out the obvious gag that his costume sucks. Oh well.

One Punch Man (11). decent.

This was fairly entertaining during the "weak spot" villain bits, and they had that one fun (if predictable) scene with Tornado, but honestly the stakes in this show couldn't be any lower now. Saitama is invincible and Tornado is also OP as fuck. It doesn't matter if they DBZ things up and it takes two punches to beat the villain; we've danced this dance before in many anime. So long, tension. That means all I have to look forward to now is personality (which this show kind of lacks), comedy (which it desperately needs to improve) and the animation. Luckily they remembered to bring in some sakuga animation near the end, and even made more attempts than usual at deadpan jokes, but honestly at this point I think I'd rather be watching Mumen Rider and the other third-railers instead.

Nightmares....(is that a tail?)

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

So, to detail what Operation Nutcracker is about:

1. Fix broken dual boot setup on 128GB SSD with Debian 8.2 & Windows 10.

2. Make backup of 128GB SSD (now fixed) dual boot setup on server. Make backup of lone Windows 10 install on 256GB SSD on server.

3. Clone image of backup of dual boot setup on 256GB SSD. Clone image of backup of lone Windows 10 install on 128GB SSD.

Bam. Moar space and fixed setup. I'm hoping.

I call it Nutcracker... wait for it ... because this is a tough nut to crack. /all-kek'd-out

... not that anyone cares about Vitalius' constant self-inflicted PC woes.

† Christian Member †

Right and the first tank didnt fire from underneath because.....?

Or the others going around and shoot?

Because they cant shoot through it. The agle is too great for the one underneath and the side is too thick to get through. The top is the thinnest. 

Wouldnt do any good anyway.

Blarg

Because they cant shoot through it. The agle is too great for the one underneath and the side is too thick to get through. The top is the thinnest. Wouldnt do any good anyway.

Wat? It's weak right where they rammed, all they had to do was fire right before Impact.

No AP rounds?? And lol if it's weak on the top why didn't the top tank shoot? Nope I'll just turret block.

:I