Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Playing fault milestone and seriously this face is going to give me diabetes:

WGn10Xj.jpg?1

Thanks for that fantastic jpeg steam.

Finished the first chapter and its pretty good so far.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Playing fault milestone and seriously this face is going to give me diabetes:

WGn10Xj.jpg?1

Thanks for that fantastic jpeg steam.

Finished the first chapter and its pretty good so far.

personally I'd be too busy poking the thing and asking too many questions

...can't tell if troll post or young and naive

http://imgur.com/gallery/NVEJs2O

Error: 410

i gave up on bloodborne 

how so?

>1 more death to lightning mace hunter

I'm not finding this nearly as hard as Dark Souls was the first time. I am using co-op, and Old Hunters, but the game feels broken when using them. Bosses stay perma-stunned, basically. Some bosses in Dark Souls, even with multiple companions, were still a bit difficult (Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon).

I dunno. I'm enjoying it (as I've said), but it doesn't seem hard.

Haven't had anyone invade me either. Even though I've literally sat in an area with the boss alive for over 30 minutes with Insight. Maybe the mechanics are different in this game...

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

More Hyouka? More Hyouka.

Hyouka (8). good.

This was the first episode of the series that impressed me story-wise. It was very clever all around. It took very common tropes and spun them to the point where they actually felt like they belonged in real life, and did so without it seeming like it didn't belong in this story. KyoAni even did a pretty good job on the student film (though who would doubt they could do at least that much, especially since it was intended to look bad?). Ultimately this was the first point in Hyouka where it truly felt like something adapted from a proper novel, rather than a lesser grade of writing done competently. In fact they actually had a cute joke in this episode with Oreki learning how to use Mayaka's bossy attitude for his own amusement by subtly having her play the straight man to his dumb jokes. It's entertaining to watch a bunch of manipulative characters manipulating each other into oblivion. The problem is that it gets overbearing, and this episode was practically all setup, so it kind of petered out by the end.

Hyouka (9). decent.

After such a clever episode, it was fully expected that the follow-up would suffer a bit. The new characters they introduced acted a bit forced, and the "interrogations" were a bit trite and had logical holes despite the kids being all clever like detectives an' shit. But there were enough bits and pieces there to continue on in the spirit of the show, and as usual they had enough scenes to charm you with Chitanda, so I guess that's good enough as the "distraction" part of the mystery idea. Ultimately though, they did manage to at least give enough hints to allow you to come up with our own solutions to this puzzle, so they were way ahead of the curve as far as anime mystery goes. Good on them for that, even if there wasn't enough actual meat to solve the riddle definitively ahead of time. We're still at the "clues" portion of the mystery though, and they're giving us enough stuff that it should be interesting to see how it all fits together (even if it must tell us).

Hyouka (10). great.

I've always had to stop watching Hyouka just before this episode, and now I'm glad I did as I would have hated stopping here. This is where they finally "grow the beard" and show that Hyouka is based on an actual novel for reals. They play with misdirection and reveal that it's not about the mundane mysteries, but rather deconstructing them for the sake of characterization. Granted it took the whole episode to get to that point, but the buildup was good and KyoAni did a good job getting us there. In fact, one thing I won't fault KyoAni for much is in how they animate people's heads, because for subtler stories like this it works wonders for not breaking tone. A restrained KyoAni is like a restrained Shaft - just a good story away from greatness. Shame they struggle so mightily to hit that sweet spot. Regardless, now it makes sense why I'm so troubled with their portrayal of Oreki's "genius" (unless of course I'm overestimating this story, but I now doubt it).

Hyouka (11). decent.

Funny enough, after praising KyoAni for keeping things muted in the past few episodes, here I had to eat my own words. They went far too overboard in this episode, and things came across feeling quite sloppy; pointless tone shifts, too much head animation, and so on. It felt like they aimed for a controlled breakdown, but then went full Shaft and dialed things up to 11 in the wrong ways. Story-wise, it didn't fare as well as I'd hoped either. They managed to uncover the cracks in the Classics Club that were necessary to turn this into a more dramatically-charged anime, but most of the stuff with Oreki fell a bit flat because we simply don't really know anything about the guy. No amount of dutch angles and out-of-character actions can replace a solid backstory (especially for an unmotivated character like him). Nor is it a good enough excuse that his sister messes with him, because her involvement is still way too vague and tangential for such an unsubtle set of reactions as in this episode. The resulting melodrama neither suited this story, nor really felt earned (yet). I still have faith that this is just the growing pains of a solid character piece, though I worry because OreGaIru showed just how easy it is to overshoot your mark and become as trite as a pamphlet on pop psychology.

I'm not finding this nearly as hard as Dark Souls was the first time. I am using co-op, and Old Hunters, but the game feels broken when using them. Bosses stay perma-stunned, basically. Some bosses in Dark Souls, even with multiple companions, were still a bit difficult (Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon).

Haven't had anyone invade me either. Even though I've literally sat in an area with the boss alive for over 30 minutes with Insight. Maybe the mechanics are different in this game...

Gaping dragon hard? what?

That was one of the easier bosses I found. All you had to do was kite him around and then smash the head after he does the chest slam attack. First try with no summons on my newest character.

Capra demon though ugh. He can be a pain. Those dogs every time.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

http://i.imgur.com/Q7jRhOG.webm

don't do drugs guys

Gaping dragon hard? what?

That was one of the easier bosses I found. All you had to do was kite him around and then smash the head after he does the chest slam attack. First try with no summons on my newest character.

Capra demon though ugh. He can be a pain. Those dogs every time.

And how many deaths did it take for you to learn that pattern? Did you watch videos beforehand? I meant hard in a "first time playing" sense.

He's super easy once you know his patterns. For first time players, even with Lautrec & Solaire, who usually get pwned by him quite quickly, he is a very hard fight because: high HP, high attack, and hard to get weakness (lightning; I mean relative to other bosses).

Capra Demon wasn't hard in terms of skill. His fight is just always pure bs. If the dogs die within the first 10 seconds, I'm 80% sure I'll win after so much time playing Dark Souls.

It sucks that he is the one annoying boss that isn't skippable.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

And how many deaths did it take for you to learn that pattern? Did you watch videos beforehand? I meant hard in a "first time playing" sense.

He's super easy once you know his patterns. For first time players, even with Lautrec & Solaire, who usually get pwned by him quite quickly, he is a very hard fight because: high HP, high attack, and hard to get weakness (lightning; I mean relative to other bosses).

Capra Demon wasn't hard in terms of skill. His fight is just always pure bs. If the dogs die within the first 10 seconds, I'm 80% sure I'll win after so much time playing Dark Souls.

It sucks that he is the one annoying boss that isn't skippable.

Oh right you meant in terms of new players. I which case I don't remember.

Agree on Capra Demon. Its always the dogs.

But isn't he skippable if you chose the master key as your starting gift and go to blighttown through the valley of the drakes? You would miss a load of stuff in the depths but I don't think any of it is required.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

But isn't he skippable if you chose the master key as your starting gift and go to blighttown through the valley of the drakes? You would miss a load of stuff in the depths but I don't think any of it is required.

Well, yeah.

The important thing you'd miss is the Large Ember.

That isn't important for weapons as you still have access to Raw, Divine, Magic, and Fire full upgrade paths (though you won't be able to upgrade weapons for Lightning & Crystal, there are drops to cover them). No boss weapons either (as they require +10).

That ember is important for armor upgrades. I like to play Dark Souls at Soul Level 1 as a Pyromancer. So equipment is everything. Which means Capra is required when I'm playing it on a new run. :/ Self-imposed limitation and such.

I could just roll black robes of the Daughter of Izalith, but red sealer robes at +5 are superior.

† Christian Member †

Really considering going back to iphone now, my S6 edge plus has ruined my android experience :(

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

how so?

I have been invaded once and that's in the Castle, that's pretty much the pvp zone of the game.... Forgot how to get there though... Well I know where but not when you can.

As for Co op, had my first today with 1 old hunter. Yeah it's op.

Went and fought the blood beast... Somehow I rekt him like he was a normal mob, Wtf. And I remember him being a pain In the ass. Oh well, on to the next. Also, the cane whip is beast, can't cheese with it like the Axe but it's low stamina consumption and speed makes it pretty dope, and the whip mode R2 is handy for hit and Dodge.

It's like the mace of dark souls 2 Lawl.

So, I got all my zoology hw and quizes done and I'm playing some black ops 2 before I get to my last botany homework.  This guy literally lost his shit because I'm still using target finder on an lmg, "LMG WHORE TARGET FINDER!"  "FUCK YOU!  SHOOTING ME THROUGH SMOKE!" -like he literally posts 5 lines of rage at me because I outsmarted his camping and shield using ass.  xD

Sounds like a legit tactic, BF4 has a similar one, involving smoke grenades and any primary with IRNV or FLIR sight. Funnily enough, I do often pair those with a (suppressed) light machine gun as support class (can resupply own ammo, although grenades resupply slowly, to avoid grenade spam). Although due to recoil of LMG's, can't aim a whole lot, hence why I mostly use this combination with shotguns; sights of any kind seem to be a bit useless on shotguns, except IRNV or FLIR.

In BF4 I have never liked using flash bangs as opposed to smoke grenades.

Speaking of BF4... Has anyone here played it recently? I haven't played it for over 3 months now.

Unrelated:

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aMQR70R_460svwm.webm

This team right here...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

watching 

SHINSEKAI YORI 

until episode 8. confusing as shit for the first 7 episode but i still kept watching it. and episode 8 suddenly gay and lesbian everywhere holyshit time to find for another anime. Any suggestion guys? action with beautiful animation thx!

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Really considering going back to iphone now, my S6 edge plus has ruined my android experience :(

Why? Is it because the touchwiz etc.? 

Quick solution = rooting and flashing AOSP ROM

Deleted code is debugged code.

Why? Is it because the touchwiz etc.? 

Quick solution = rooting and flashing AOSP ROM

probably dont have good rom yet. like clean one. my note 4 is using one tho but waited for damn long.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

So around 6 or 7 years ago I used to sit next to two girls in maths, both were / still are into anime and one (known as the artist) of them I had been good friends with since I was 8. 

Well the second girl lent me a manga about samurai (the first I ever read) and in exchange I made her a region free copy of an Anime she imported from America which was fine.

Anyway I only watched one episode of the Anime while going through the series, I had other shit to do at the time. It wasn't particularly good but I hadn't seen much Anime at the time and well teenage boy pretty anime boobs you get the point.

Anyway back to more recent times about 9-10 months ago I wanted to watch the series but I couldn't remember the name for the life of me (I'm terrible with names), I asked the artist if she knew what it was, unfortunately she didn't but in fairness my description was pretty vague, magical girls in a school that is all I've got. Anyway a few months of passively searching go by, checking wikipedia amazon etc.

Today I was playing rocket league and got a tad bored [lfg] so switched to league I had just started a game when I suddenly remembered MAL's  search is insanely good. (I was streaming at the time and I just quit the game straight away , sorry team) started my search on MAL and I have finally found it. 

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima

Watched the first episode and its about as average as I remember (probably worse because I don't care for "plot") but I'm going to begin my trip of finally seeing out this show to the end.

I know this was a completely worthless story but I felt I had to share it. 

Thank you MAL, your ratings might be complete shite but your search engine is a life-saver.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

watching 

SHINSEKAI YORI 

until episode 8. confusing as shit for the first 7 episode but i still kept watching it. and episode 8 suddenly gay and lesbian everywhere holyshit time to find for another anime. Any suggestion guys? action with beautiful animation thx!

you sit back down and keep watching it

I don't think you're insecure enough that seeing a bit of gay here and there is going to break your world

Error: 410

Fark christmas, christmas spirit motto "spending more money then you want..............................."  

http://oi63.tinypic.com/20sdmpl.jpg

I'm jealous. I told myself not to spend anything else on Tokyo Ghoul until I begin the first volume of the manga... It's in my draw, crying to be opened. I mean, I bought it in September.

More Hyouka? More Hyouka.

Hyouka is what I hope to watch after I complete Gargantian of the Veridonous Planet (Suisei no Gargantia). I'm unsure how I'll take to it; I only watched My Romantic Comedy SNAFU a short while ago, but I do need a break from all the shounen and space.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima

Watched the first episode and its about as average as I remember (probably worse because I don't care for "plot") but I'm going to begin my trip of finally seeing out this show to the end.

I know this was a completely worthless story but I felt I had to share it. 

Thank you MAL, your ratings might be complete shite but your search engine is a life-saver.

lol.

IMO Zero No Tsukaima is the only one of the "loli Tsundere" J.C staff anime i found entertaining enough to follow it completely. (until i forgot about it)

Last i remember was the Generic Blond elf, i wonder if it still going on or that was the last season.

you sit back down and keep watching it

I don't think you're insecure enough that seeing a bit of gay here and there is going to break your world

Different tastes are allowed here. I can't sit through pure yuri/yaoi but I can live with side characters...but I prefer them treated with respect still...tiger and bunny and one punch man could have done with some improvements to their lgbt characters...

That prisoner s class hero is a noxious stereotype...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

lol.

IMO Zero No Tsukaima is the only one of the "loli Tsundere" J.C staff anime i found entertaining enough to follow it completely. (until i forgot about it)

Last i remember was the Generic Blond elf, i wonder if it still going on or that was the last season.

I enjoyed this series due to my like of relationship stories and fun universe rules

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory