Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Doesnt Canada do something like that but with milk?

People keep saying that but I've yet to see it. Might be an east coast thing.

Keep in mind canada's the second largest country by land and we have only ~37million people so the east coast is pretty much a completely different place.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Neat. Was it on our recommendations thread already? It sounds like you might be able to give us a good blurb about it, if it's not (and you'd like to).

tl;dw

"wow, cool"

5 episodes later

"neat"

10 episodes later

"zzzzzz"

I can see it being interesting for people new to the genre, otherwise the novelty wears out quickly and under that there's not much else noteworthy. Has interesting moments but still transitions to SoL vibes and standard slash slash cast a few spells struggle to overcome, save the girl, the town, and the day.

at the bare minimum + points for not everyone going mad with cocklust for MC, decent world design, main triad doesn't seem to dunk everyone, likable character here and there. MC is a total fucking doormat but I suspect that's something they'll (PROBABLY) work on. I can only speculate because I didn't bother finishing.

it's not even finished yet iirc so w/e

you'll probably get bored of it if it keeps you interested at first

Error: 410

I can see it being interesting for people new to the genre

I wouldn't mind if it's just a good entry-level anime for its genre/style, even if it's "not for me".

But yeah, one ep was all I needed to know I would have to watch it some other time, when characters that felt a tad obnoxious wouldn't bother me as much.

blah blah insult, words and stuff - also I'm not sure if my avatar's a cat or not

What's MC stand for? 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

tl;dw

"wow, cool"

5 episodes later

"neat"

10 episodes later

"zzzzzz"

That about my experience with owarimonogatari at the moment. I can only read so much shit before i get bored.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Might need a new phone soon, any recommendations? Using a oneplus one atm.

nexus 6p, nexus 6, nexus 5x. or oneplus x 

i have the former for a little over a month now. huawei did a great job. plus development is booming over at xda. 

Main character (most often referring to the audience POV character).

Oh I see. Thanks.

MC is a total fucking doormat but I suspect that's something they'll (PROBABLY) work on. 

Oh, that's not a hook for you? I think one of the reasons why Goku is such a memorable character (for example of course, applies a little here) is because they cleverly put dumb characters in situations that can be really funny. :P

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Guys, I have a problem (over a period of 4-5 days):

3 Reese's big cup wrappers are missing.

Good. Give in to the chocolate and your training will be complete.

200_s.gif

Turns out my drive I am using for backups got corrupted or something and my software was not happy. Time to start from scratch again.

Blarg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360940

HNNNG< mah childhood

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

Interesting cross-over. Not sure if want or naw.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360940

HNNNG< mah childhood

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

Interesting cross-over. Not sure if want or naw.

I'm looking forward to it, but I hope they don't butcher it though.... Warhammer games lately haven't been very good, aside from vermintide.

Even blood bawl 2 is getting mixed reviews.... I find it fun though. But it's lacking compare to blood bawl 1.

If it wasn't for the yogurt it would be unhealthy of course.

I have no idea, I just returned to LTT yesterday (from a 6-12month or so break) so I have no idea what's been recommended or on the weekly list since then.

I have a question though, why does it say you have 5 posts yet your rep is so high? I think I'm misunderstanding how that works or something.

i have been here the whole time and even made some of the weekly threads and I have no idea what has been recommended or won in the last few months lol

wat do u guys think: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/502470-600-server-build/page-1#entry6708612

To do list for tonight:

• Tidy cables (will take pics)
  • Play at least 2 hours of Bloodbourne (it's already 10PM and haven't started, o no)
  • Clean up room
  • Fix Debian Install (3rd on list because list is in order of priority)
  • .... lots of other stuff
  • Watch Anime (basically never gonna happen or at least not any time soon)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116485-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Review

Edit:

My cousin is dumb. < Volume warning; will play automatically.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Windows 10 needs to die in a fire. Since I tried windows 10 months ago I have a file stuck on my ssd (1.5GB file) that I cant delete or move even with administrator account. Cant change ownership. It was copied to my backup drive where I cant delete it either. Now I have to format my backup drive so I can start running a backup again. Need to format my ssd at some point I guess so I can get rid of that crap. Only have a oem copy of windows though. Cant find a full copy of 7 anywhere and 8.1 is getting the same way.

I hate you microsoft.

Blarg

Windows 10 needs to die in a fire. Since I tried windows 10 months ago I have a file stuck on my ssd (1.5GB file) that I cant delete or move even with administrator account. Cant change ownership. It was copied to my backup drive where I cant delete it either. Now I have to format my backup drive so I can start running a backup again. Need to format my ssd at some point I guess so I can get rid of that crap. Only have a oem copy of windows though. Cant find a full copy of 7 anywhere and 8.1 is getting the same way.

I hate you microsoft.

well we all know windows is a virus

Whats good about these select phones?

My OnePlus One's physical back button is activating on its own randomly...

I like the sony phones but this one looks like it's somewhat out of date spec wise.

Basically my OnePlus One's back button is acting up and I'm out of warranty, the on screen buttons work fine however so I know its a hardware problem. 

My father needs a new phone because his flip phone is dying, so I might as well get a new one now-soonish.

"Out of date spec wise"

Serious? Just because the phone is maybe a year old does not mean it's bad. Of course it depends on one's usage of phones. For example Xperia M2 Aqua is fine for me, my only (minor) complaint with it, is the 480p display it uses as opposed to even 720p.

Well going from the OnePlus One... 3gbs of ram to 2gbs...

If you turn on the on screen buttons the hardware buttons are disabled. I use the hardware buttons 24/7 so now that the "back" hardware button is activating at random I have to use the on-screen buttons.... and I don't like using the on-screen buttons.

2GB of RAM should be enough for an Android phone. When the amount of total RAM is only 1GB or less, then you should start worrying.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

>Samuel L Jackson
>Christopher Waltz

>Avatar-y feel (when the concepts are very similar)
>appears to be high production quality

>beyond just the basic "tarzan meets jane" story line

I'm sold.

"Oh, look, a black guy. In Africa. Of all places."

^referencing how there was not a one in the Tarzan animated movie by Disney.

† Christian Member †

Oh I see. Thanks.

Oh, that's not a hook for you? I think one of the reasons why Goku is such a memorable character (for example of course, applies a little here) is because they cleverly put dumb characters in situations that can be really funny. :P

See, now this is the kind of discussion I'd hoped to generate :)

Goku is the Inspector Gadget of anime, from a comedy perspective. Lovable doofus living in his own mental realm that does whatever the plots wants of him, no matter what silly ability or move or item he pulls out to do it.

But I'm not sure if that's what @helping meant by "doormat". I'm used to people using that to refer more to a character who has no agency at all and is dragged around by the other characters. Could be a fine line.

I hate you microsoft.

Was that a file created by windows itself or something you put there?

My friend also claims that W10 is crap but I have no experience with it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

well we all know windows is a virus

I wish it wasnt. but its true.

Was that a file created by windows itself or something you put there?

My friend also claims that W10 is crap but I have no experience with it.

Its 10. I looked up the file before and its the install files for 10.

Blarg

But I'm not sure if that's what @helping meant by "doormat". I'm used to people using that to refer more to a character who has no agency at all and is dragged around by the other characters. Could be a fine line.

Mmm, I see. Makes more sense to me too, I can definitely see that as a valid perspective for Magi.

Fuck, I have so much shit i haven't seen....

- Trigun

- Beserk

- Ghost in the shell

- Akira

- Mush-Shi

- Black Lagoon

- Original evangelion series

- Kara no kyokai

- Apparently i completely forgot Code Geass, literally. 

- Spice and wolf. I think i remember watching the first episode. 

- Steins Gate

Rip my job/college lmao (the feel when you friend reminds you that you haven't seen so much good shit)

55763798.jpg

† Christian Member †

Well, now I remember why I didn't feel like watching Concrete Revolutio while I was too busy... it requires a lot of attention and some patience.

Concrete Revolutio (4). good.

Weirdly straightforward episode compared to usual. Thankfully it gave some actual insight into things and added some much-needed mystery elements with a certain female character. This show wavers between being pretty interesting and just being simple homage told in a convoluted way. There are certainly some nice pieces in this messed-up jigsaw puzzle, but the real problem is still whether it will amount to a truly compelling story, or just be a bunch of neat pieces that can't be properly assembled. However it's not just a challenge for its writers, but also the audience, so it's nice for an episode like this to come around once in a while.

Concrete Revolutio (5). good.

Man did this episode take a lot of thinking to fit together to some degree. On paper it's not that complicated; many sides try to use a kaijuu to their own ends, and ultimately the only real casualty is the beast itself. But this episode greatly ramped up the complexity of the series' politics (with every side having vaguely-defined goals, mostly for PR or other misguided causes). Alas that the anime has chosen such a complex way to tell this story, because it's already overstuffed to the breaking point. I can't be sure if it's simply a choice born from hubris or a desperate attempt to mask flaws, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm reminded of Gatchaman Crowds and Durarara with this anime, but unlike Gatchaman it's shy of being too pretentious for my tastes, and unlike Durarara it feels like it has a plan and something interesting to say.

Ugh, I need to finish the game... Kinda gave up due to how I find enemies op, almost everyone is stun immune. I try new weapons only to revert back to the hunter axe and 2h R2 cheese everything. Spin 2 win. But even that has its limit due to there crazy recovery speed Vs my slow after swing recovery.

dodging is to short and the invincibility frame is too short.

Also, fashion souls...