Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

-unrelated-

I like it.

hahahaha so racist

sound board was jacked when he edited it tho. Instruments are too loud compared to his voice. Hard to hear regardless of subtitles.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

huh

that's weird

I agree with the general opinion that F/Zero absolutely mops the floor with UBW.

Oh really?  F/Z just took a while to pick up for me, also I liked the other servants in UBW considerably more. I think it just connected with me more. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

From what I understand only the first season is good.  I was gunna watch the second season, but people here warned me not too.

If you're not a crybaby who just wants more of the same thing over and over, then season two is fine. Just weird. At least watch the OVA.

Oh really?  F/Z just took a while to pick up for me, also I liked the other servants in UBW considerably more. I think it just connected with me more.

To be honest, no one to date has been able to really explain to me why they like UBW more than Zero. Seems to be a case of them bringing more into the anime than it really offered on its own. I mean, you mention that DtB and Zero didn't catch you right off, but then how did UBW? Frankly it was amazingly boring for three episode's worth of anime right off the bat, and it didn't really accomplish much from a story or characterization perspective until its second season.

Frieza's 5 minutes last longer than most anime 

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Honestly, the first season got boring.

I'm not even sure anymore, given how boring anime are getting overall lately. Plus as long as it had cute girls and Chinese Electric Batman, I don't think many people cared.

To be honest, no one to date has been able to really explain to me why they like UBW more than Zero. Seems to be a case of them bringing more into the anime than it really offered much on its own. I mean, you mention that DtB and Zero didn't catch you right off, but then how did UBW? Frankly it was amazingly boring for three episode's worth of anime right off the bat, and it didn't really accomplish much from a story or characterization perspective until its second season.

I wasn't really interested in Zero much until 

the real caster fight, the one that started at the end of season 1. I considered season 2 to be considerably better, but I was able to connect more with each servant and master's story in UBW except Saber. I really like how much they touched on idealism and the struggle that comes with it. Sure, these were addressed in F/Z, but not to the same degree. Almost everything about UBW just clicked with me more, the servants were considerably more interesting to me (though I did really like F/Z's Rider), I liked the battles more (probably just because I liked the servants more, even the more villanous ones), the story interested me more as well. I never cared much about Kiritsugu's struggle until the last bunch of episodes in F/Z. Even the darker moments had more of an impact to me. F/Z's caster's mass murder was dark of course, but it reminded me of why I don't like Game of Thrones much - it just seems to be there more for shock value than anything. Gilgamesh taking out Berserker and Illyasviel the way he did seemed more organic, even if it's still unnecessarily brutal. Also, they made it more personal to the viewer with the backstory they gave with Illyasviel, even if you don't particularly like the character I just felt it to be more impactful.

- big ol' spoiler tag -

Personally both anime felt like that to me. Bunch of NPCs stumbling around until they stepped on the tile for their next scripted cutscene. UBW just held its cards so close to its chest that it felt afraid of accidentally telling me a story. There's something deeply unsatisfying to me about it's dual tone, where it mopes around in a semi-realistic sense for a long time, introduced some potentially interesting themes, and then changes over into "action mode" with a cheesy cartoony villain and such. Some nice ideas, but the execution was really lacking to me. I fault Ufotable for their timid adaptation, though. I'm sure this stuff could have made for a really satisfying anime if they put as much effort into what they were animating as they did into the animation itself.

Stuff & Things

Keep in mind I'm not very picky or critical about anime. I like most anime I watch (more than an episode of anyway). It's why I watch it of course. I like keeping an open mind to fictional worlds so that things like "a cheesy cartoony villian" don't bother me. Like with games, I don't really get in the "everything except a few sucks" type of attitude I frequently see from many supposed fans of anime and gaming. I think that lack of nitpicking (no offense) allows me to see things like this from a bit different of an angle. I think anime is good right now, both for newer anime like The Seven Deadly Sins, Dragon Ball Super (though only a tie-in thing atm unfortunately), etc. as well as slightly older (slightly) anime like Magi and.. well I just wanted to mention Magi because I think it's awesome :P. Looks like I got really side tracked

as well as slightly older (slightly) anime like Magi and.. well I just wanted to mention Magi because I think it's awesome :P. Looks like I got really side tracked

I liked magi as well, though the first few episodes were a bit painful to watch. I'm not very big on fanservice but the second half of magi was pretty good imo

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

https://voat.co/v/gaming/comments/713930 <Nethack 3.6.0 is released December 2015. Nethack originally released in 1986. It was based on Hack which was released in 1985, which was based on Rogue which was released in 1980.

How interesting.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Keep in mind I'm not very picky or critical about anime. I like most anime I watch (more than an episode of anyway). It's why I watch it of course.

Indeed, I'm the critical type. I show my affection by watching a lot of crap to find the good in it. But I won't pretend it's "great" unless it's far more good than crap. I'm not just "nitpicking", but being honest. If I only rated stuff just on the basis of its great bits, then it would be pointless to bother in the first place because just about every anime has a few great bits.

I like keeping an open mind to fictional worlds so that things like "a cheesy cartoony villian" don't bother me.

Being open-minded has nothing to do with this, really. It's just a difference in standards (though I'm not calling your standards lower or something). My standards in this case are pretty simple: be a cartoon when you should be a cartoon, and be serious when you should be silly. If you're going to break that convention you'd best make sure you know what you're doing (and I don't UBW did).

I think anime is good right now

The word "good" is meaningless in this context. Anime has always been "good", if you focus on the bits you like.

At the end of the day, it's just entertainment, but we don't have to pretend it's awesome when it's really middle-of-the-road. We'll only end up gradually lowering our standards in the name of "being open minded". I prefer having fun not just by watching the anime, but also discussing and criticizing it.

well I just wanted to mention Magi because I think it's awesome :P

Noted. Why? :) (don't worry, I haven't watched it, so I won't nitpick it... I'm just curious).

I prefer having fun not just by watching the anime, but also discussing and criticizing it.

Noted. Why? :) (don't worry, I haven't watched it, so I won't nitpick it... I'm just curious).

I think that's one of the main differences, I don't like criticizing it. Discussing sure, but it seems I like to discuss more of the good and you more the bad (though both are obviously subjective to the each user), at least for what we've discussed thus far. I mean you like F/Z more than UBW (at least that's what I thought), so why not discuss the good on F/Z more instead of focusing on the bad in UBW? I'm not saying that it's bad that the conversation has appeared to be more towards the latter, just that it's a difference from I. Though I'd normally have responses for your other comments, I think this is delving close to argumentative territory so I'll answer why I like Magi.

Magi (overall) seems to have a "heart" (true meaning/feel/presentation) similar to that of Dragon Ball (or at least it reminds me of DB/DBZ in this way). It's light hearted usually with a sort of purity or innocence to its main character. Normally people would associate this with something that's more for children, and yes - the main character is a child, though he presents a surprising amount of thoughtful logic that even I'm impressed with. Basically, it has a good hearted character with a cool story to tell and interesting moments. Sinbad is also a badass... sinbadass. Anyway, it can be pretty funny too.

Ya know, some people talk badly about the Walking Dead, but it's viewership has only risen as the seasons have gone on up to, but not including, the latest one.

Season 1 had an average of 5 million US viewers.

Season 2 had an average of 7.5 million US viewers.

Season 3 had an average of 10.5 million US viewers.

Season 4 had an average of 13.5 million US viewers.

Season 5 had an average of 14.5 million US viewers (the lowest increase so far).

The first half of Season 6 has had an average of 13 million US viewers (the first decrease in average so far).

But of course numbers mean nothing in terms of if something is good or not. I imagine in Season 6 (even though I've only seen to Season 5), they are running out of things to focus on. 

I mean... like with all zombie shows, eventually it goes from "survive" to "rebuild" and that part isn't nearly as fun. I'm kinda amazed they got 5 seasons of constant increased viewership though. But I guess zombie shows rely on interesting situations and good character writing.

Well that's to be expected since the TWD comic has some really great plot and twists that the show used(they also didn't use some apparently "too brutal" and some characters were totally different from the comic which ruined it for me. The most badass girl is dead in the show way too early). MY biggest problem with the show is that it's so slow I mean seriously it's a crawl. The comic always kept you on the edge of your seat, there were no times where the comic made you feel "Finally some rest" there was always a threat looming; for the show some episodes felt like fillers. 

Last Season is where the show completely branches off to its own storyline and they can't use anymore stuff from the comic afaik. Also most comic fans that watch the show still want to follow the comic rather than the show so maybe that's why. It's another "Lets change stuff to make it more appealing to the masses" ultimately leading to really toned down or excluded plot.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Have you guys been keeping up or even watching Anti-Magic Academy 35th test platoon? If so, What do you think of it?

I think that's one of the main differences, I don't like criticizing it. Discussing sure, but it seems I like to discuss more of the good and you more the bad (though both are obviously subjective to the each user), at least for what we've discussed thus far. I mean you like F/Z more than UBW (at least that's what I thought), so why not discuss the good on F/Z more instead of focusing on the bad in UBW? I'm not saying that it's bad that the conversation has appeared to be more towards the latter, just that it's a difference from I. Though I'd normally have responses for your other comments, I think this is delving close to argumentative territory so I'll answer why I like Magi.

I simply generally provide the other side of the argument, or try to get people to actually discuss something, rather than making statements that don't really mean much. I've been positive about things when others were crushingly negative. But on most forums for anime, people just generally say things like "X is great!" without any more info. And they tend to gush about anime, never really dwelling on the negatives. That's why I end up doing what I do. I'd like people to express what they found awesome, and explain why they feel it realistically is all that matters in a given situation. I don't like the idea of just talking about only the good or bad, even though I sometimes fall into that trap myself.

If you'd rather not argue, I won't push this any further (or even ask what you didn't like about Magi, if anything).

From what I understand only the first season is good. I was gunna watch the second season, but people here warned me not too.

Also, what do you guys think of this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pine64/pine-a64-first-15-64-bit-single-board-super-comput

I disagree, both seasons are good imo.

Second one is a bit different but still good. And I'm hoping for a 3rd.

There are gaps in the plot though, and I really want to know what happens in between them. Even a prequel.

I simply generally provide the other side of the argument, or try to get people to actually discuss something, rather than making statements that don't really mean much. I've been positive about things when others were crushingly negative. But on most forums for anime, people just generally say things like "X is great!" without any more info. And they tend to gush about anime, never really dwelling on the negatives. That's why I end up doing what I do. I'd like people to express what they found awesome, and explain why they feel it realistically is all that matters in a given situation. I don't like the idea of just talking about only the good or bad, even though I sometimes fall into that trap myself.

If you'd rather not argue, I won't push this any further (or even ask what you didn't like about Magi, if anything).

I think that mindset is better for productivity of thinking and thought experiments, but not necessarily enjoyable. I think a balance should be kept. That's generally why I discuss (primarily) the positive. It's not that I lack criticism entirely, there are things I don't like about all these shows, but it's generally counter productive to me as I have a bad habit of my attitude being poorly influenced by negativity. In other words, if I focus on more negatives about something, I myself getting a more negative attitude in the moment. I don't like being negative. Do keep in mind that I may be more emotionally effected in this way that other people may not be. Also (this clarification probably should've been addressed sooner) I don't like to argue usually because I fear escalation. That tends to lead to people's pride being a higher priority than keeping a level head. Also, it's generally not considered good form. It's also the reason why it took me a few posts to start expanding on my opinions of F/Z & UBW

With Magi, I don't think there's much I don't like. When I think of that anime, I think of it as one of the few that has mostly things I like or remain neutral upon even with scrutinizing, but if there's anything I don't like it's probably that some things (characters and story at times) appear to have more depth than they actually have. That's also a hinderance to Fairy Tail imo. There's not much in regards to people appearing to be intelligent or strong from first impressions but only going so far as to go through a single short battle before you know their limits (as an example).

Have you guys been keeping up or even watching Anti-Magic Academy 35th test platoon? If so, What do you think of it?

Meh not amazing or horrible

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Might need a new phone soon, any recommendations? Using a oneplus one atm.

Lg g4,nexus 5x

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

my finance exam is in one hour. I need all the help i can get on this one. i feel really good about it though. 

spongebob-reading-gif.gif

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I have ACT this week Saturday, so nervous man because i need at least get score 24 on all 3 sections(English, Math, and Reading) and a score lvl 4+ on written portion.

FUCK! I'M NOT READY FOR THIS, BUT TIME IS GOING SO FAST THAT I CAN'T PRAY TO JESUS LORD TO SLOW DOWN!

Might need a new phone soon, any recommendations? Using a oneplus one atm.

How come?

Either way don't get an expensive one its pointless IMO. Just get a nexus device or a Zenphone 2 or something. They will last for the same amount of time and probably be the same in terms of useful user performance.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.