Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

ya I found that a little annoying but not really a problem and I don't know how people accidentally install windows 10 like some people act like keeps happening. 

To be honest, I almost did lol. I mistook the "install later" button as a "shut the fuck up and bug me later button", but no. It proceeded to download windows 10 before I was like, "WAIT, NOPE!"

I have the opposite opinion, ever since I got used to the win8.1 start screen, I get grumpy every time I see a win7 start menu lol.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

To be honest, I almost did lol. I mistook the "install later" button as a "shut the fuck up and bug me later button", but no. It proceeded to download windows 10 before I was like, "WAIT, NOPE!"

I have the opposite opinion, ever since I got used to the win8.1 start screen, I get grumpy every time I see a win7 start menu lol.

I feel like 10 is a happy mid point between 7 and 8.1 start menu anyways.

I feel like 10 is a happy mid point between 7 and 8.1 start menu anyways.

Agree, minus all the damn bugs i've experienced since yesterday... still cant justify a buggy OS to anyone no matter how much better than win 8 it is...

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Agree, minus all the damn bugs i've experienced since yesterday... still cant justify a buggy OS to anyone no matter how much better than win 8 it is...

I myself have not used it long enough to have any real opinion on it I would still recommend 7 over 8 though it is probably harder to get a legal 7 copy

*sigh*

don't kill me for this:

I don't like Attack on Titan.

I liked the first 10 episodes, but then it was kind of the same thing over and over again IMO.

I will watch season 2 though

*sigh*

don't kill me for this:

I liked the first 10 episodes, but then it was kind of the same thing over and over again IMO.

eh. people are entitled to their opinion. i personally liked it but then again i don't like some of the shows that others like. It just wasn't the show for you.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

*sigh*

don't kill me for this:

its k

I can see why someone wouldn't, it's well done but it's really nothing terribly special.

It really starts to slow down and didn't keep momentum very well.

Initially it gave me the same feeling that Breaking Bad did where it was a ride that you have to strap yourself down for.

I probably won't bother watching the second season whenever that comes out because it has a lot going against it.

why none of u heathens watch Megas XLR?

Error: 410

its k

I can see why someone wouldn't, it's well done but it's really nothing terribly special.

It really starts to slow down and didn't keep momentum very well.

Initially it gave me the same feeling that Breaking Bad did where it was a ride that you have to strap yourself down for.

I probably won't bother watching the second season whenever that comes out because it has a lot going against it.

I personally loved it for the sole reason that it is a zombie-style anime done right (as opposed to HotD). Titans are basically giant zombies. Only worse because giant+regeneration. Though I guess destruction of humans vs turning them into more enemies is a good trade off for giant, though not for regeneration.

I've explained in detail why before. 

Regarding it's momentum, I feel all good shows do what AoT does. Action -> Exposition -> Calm -> Action -> Exposition -> Calm.  Basically that chart we learned in school about how stories are written. If you can't care in all 3 instances, you tend to get bored with a show. i.e. if you don't care about what character development there is during the Calm period and don't care about the lore of the world, the Action isn't going to carry the series. But to each their own.

It does have a lot going against it. Shit gets uber weird in the chapters after the end of season 1. I've been given warning points before for posting images of it if you remember (I was posting for you as an example I think). TL;DS: Naked dude upside down with stuff strapped to his junk & buttocks. Medieval style torture device with some modern flair. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I personally loved it for the sole reason that it is a zombie-style anime done right (as opposed to HotD). Titans are basically giant zombies.

It does have a lot going against it. Shit gets uber weird in the chapters after the end of season 1. I've been given warning points before for posting images of it if you remember (I was posting for you as an example I think). TL;DS: Naked dude upside down with stuff strapped to his junk & buttocks. Medieval style torture device with some modern flair.

Giant babies.

I personally loved it for the sole reason that it is a zombie-style anime done right (as opposed to HotD). Titans are basically giant zombies. 

yeah that's precisely why

that and the fact that it's so fucking long that the anime ending is with 100% certainty going to be a fork from the "true" story, for better or worse.

It could be better than the manga but I really doubt it given historically how these things pan out. It may be healthy for the industry, but it's also a massive cash cow and I feel a bit cynical about how they approach it.

Given the reception of the recent movie, that doesn't give me any confidence for sure.

I didn't really like the cheese they pulled off with the "oh no MC is kill" 12 eps in

was like "yeah ok lmao"

then the WE R ALL TITAN disappointed me a bit

Also warning points are practically a rite of passage at this point.

I'd be 100% clean but I couldn't resist showing that guy a butthole. I get the feeling the mod may have gotten a kick out of it too, but had to give warning points for the sake of following rules.

welcome to the cool kids club

There was an article on reddit a while back talking about how win 10 is doing stuff that malware do and this just adds to that list. Looks like I won't be booting windows again until someone finds a way to block it again.

Edit: I have auto updates turned off and pretty much never update windows so this probably won't be an issue for me. But they have been doing some fishy things so I'll just have to wait and see

Aaaand considering to start screwing around with Linux again... This time Debian, in hopes for better stability than I had with Zorin OS.

FUPAtsk.jpg

EDIT:

Is it bad that I have had Windows update disabled ever since I installed Windows 8 (from aforementioned Zorin OS), leaving it essentially what it used to be on the release day, and not because of privacy reasons? (I run it unlicensed, since my license didn't work due to it being an upgrade license from Windows 7 to 8 and not a full license... Microsoft pls)

I really want to switch to linux, but I want to play games

and for my laptop, the whole school environment is M$ based :/

Deleted code is debugged code.

I'd be 100% clean but I couldn't resist showing that guy a butthole. I get the feeling the mod may have gotten a kick out of it too, but had to give warning points for the sake of following rules.

Meanwhile I seem to dodge them with millimeter precision or something.

Got one once but it was more of a warning thus they gave me 0 points lol.

Living on the edge.

I added more to my post.

Giant babies.

Basically, yeah.

yeah that's precisely why

that and the fact that it's so fucking long that the anime ending is with 100% certainty going to be a fork from the "true" story, for better or worse.

It could be better than the manga but I really doubt it given historically how these things pan out. It may be healthy for the industry, but it's also a massive cash cow and I feel a bit cynical about how they approach it.

Given the reception of the recent movie, that doesn't give me any confidence for sure.

I didn't really like the cheese they pulled off with the "oh no MC is kill" 12 eps in

was like "yeah ok lmao"

then the WE R ALL TITAN disappointed me a bit

IIRC, it was supposed to only be 20 volumes long. Then it got popular. Oh, what that does to a good manga. I agree. Originally ending was something along the lines of "everyone dies, the end" until popularity. Now mangaka dude "can't do that to the fans". orly 

Agreed. Didn't bother with the recent movie. I don't do live action if I can help it. 

>mc is kill
>we are all titan

People keep bring up events in anime that I don't remember even though I feel like I remember it well enough that I should remember such things. I think the story is good and going "well, they made everyone the thing" is only a problem if it feels shoe-horned in. Whereas, in AoT, it's part of the plot. In fact, that's the whole plot. So going "we is all de titanz" is fine imo. Not sure what's up with "mc is kill" as that happened in like episode 4 or something.

>so fucking long

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Is it bad that I have had Windows update disabled ever since I installed Windows 8 (from aforementioned Zorin OS), leaving it essentially what it used to be on the release day, and not because of privacy reasons? (I run it unlicensed, since my license didn't work due to it being an upgrade license from Windows 7 to 8 and not a full license... Microsoft pls)

I seem to recall all windows 8 on release was upgrade (and they have no full retail other than the limited oem) but I did a fresh install with it and never put in an old key but I did get the pro version so maybe it is different. Maybe it pulled a questionable windows 7 key from another partition when I installed it but I never had any problems with it not activating or anything.

why none of u heathens watch Megas XLR?

Used to watch it. Loved it. Just forgot that it existed since its been so long and no one else I knew watched it. Probably gonna download it alongside some other shows I used to watch (the ones I remember at least).

Super advanced alien fusion reactor melting down? No prob, we got duct tape.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

*sigh*

don't kill me for this:

In all reality it is pretty shit.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

If anyone is looking for a decent deal on a ducky kb with some PBT caps

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1490

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Super advanced alien fusion reactor melting down? No prob, we got duct tape.

I've so far learned that duct tape, electrical tape, lubricant, avoid F=MA, for small numbers swap tan for X, and "close enough" are tools of the trade and "neglect" is your favorite word. 

had a proper giggle looking at some old posts

CmnrEGK.png

Tbh the audience that Megas ended up hitting probably missed a lot of the references.

It should have been a bit less PG and thrown on Adult Swim, would have been a hit.

I know watching Megas now I get a SHITLOAD more of what they're doing than I did when I was young. 

Back when I was a wee lad it never occurred to me that the entire thing is reference parody. I like it even more now than I did then.

I've so far learned that duct tape, electrical tape, lubricant, avoid F=MA, for small numbers swap tan for X, and "close enough" are tools of the trade and "neglect" is your favorite word. 

had a proper giggle looking at some old posts

CmnrEGK.png

Tbh the audience that Megas ended up hitting probably missed a lot of the references.

It should have been a bit less PG and thrown on Adult Swim, would have been a hit.

I know watching Megas know I get a SHITLOAD more of what they're doing than I did when I was young. 

Back when I was a wee lad it never occurred to me that the entire thing is reference parody. I like it even more now than I did then.

That's probably why I want to download and rewatch it most. It seems there's a lot of stuff young me missed when watching it. I liked it for being over the top about everything (his endless search for their equivalent of a slushie resulting in the destruction of most of a city). Now I'll probably like it more for being an over the top parody of everything.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

That's probably why I want to download and rewatch it most. It seems there's a lot of stuff young me missed when watching it. I liked it for being over the top about everything (his endless search for their equivalent of a slushie resulting in the destruction of most of a city). Now I'll probably like it more for being an over the top parody of everything.

Lol, that specific episode was probably one of the best with the REGIS spider and dramatic music.

who wouldn't want a super kawaii autonomous self replicating doomsday spider?

fucking died when he attacked a fire hydrant

"do not panic, you will all die" and a classic "your mom" joke

they had a scene where he spent like a full 30 seconds destroying a DMV building

I can only see older people finding more pleasure in watching that than the kids watching it at the standard 5PM cartoon block. Seriously can't figure out who the demographic for Megas was.

In retrospect it really can stand near Samurai Jack, though it's not really as revered. Production values are very different, obv.

@helping @CatCloud @BashZeStampeedo @everyone give me some manga suggestions please. I need to read stuff at work lol.

Fucking gladly.

Star wars by HONG jacga

Stavaganza - Isai no hime

Mother keeper.

Witch hunter.

Should be enough.

I got more If needed

@helping @CatCloud @BashZeStampeedo @everyone give me some manga suggestions please. I need to read stuff at work lol.

of the little I've read, look in to

Kuro

Gakkou Gurashi (you can go straight to manga, but if you watch the anime first you'll know which filler chapters to skip)

Jitsu Wa

Nozaki Kun

Himatsuri

Monster

Franken Fran if you can tolerate a bit of grotesque drawing here and there. It's damn good.

Many people like All You Need Is Kill. I don't particularly mind the ending but it was so short I felt a bit blue-balled.

out of that list I'd consider Nozaki and Kuro the gems