Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

I don't know why, but One Punch Man is super underwhelming to me.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Hey

You there

Stop spreading your heresy

You want to see heresy?

Praise the Lord Almighty, Evangelion 3.33 finally has a US release date. Freaking finally. Can't wait to get it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-10-10/funimation-evangelion-3.33-blu-ray-dvd-slated-for-february-2-2016/.94064

meh I don't really care for evangelion anyways

well that rules out most of the starwars books that are now no longer cannon

ill cover this in a sec....TL;DR only read 1-2 chapter/s, Magazine version, not the Book version. 

Well, this looks interesting.

aaah...Rokka, me And Bash have been ranting on this. TL;DR: Looks Great, Interesting characters, Had potential.
But in the end it felt rushed and some moments were really dragged out. Result: Sad face.

6v60OAx.png?1

Oblk5Nm.png
(i should just post this image and leave this discussion as is for lols ;D) 

Ok helping Slow down, you went AWOL there. 
Let´s rewind a bit and let me re explain things now that i am back in front of my Computer. 

First of..not going to talk about the Bible and whatnot...nope nope and nope.

I get the feeling that the scope of the way you use the term "fanfic" is small and specific.

Yes and no, the scope is only aimed against Anime and (story rich) Games (like Dark Cloud 2), i notice i didn't mention that so i do so now.
Literature ...i honestly don't even remember what is literature lol, that some fancy words i haven't heard since School almost a decade ago. I forget things easy.

Fan Art is, IMO. Just a restyling of something else, its still stays true to the original design in terms of details, Horo is still a brown wolf that likes Apples for example. 
Fanfic on the other hand, might keep design details the same but the story is where IMO the problem is.

When i say i don't like Fanfic even though its good i mean well written, like...hmmm stuff are explained well, like characters details, objects, places, The overall Details in the world. Them deep rich details Yo!
What part of this fanfic i dont like is the Story and how it plays out. 

For example: Let´s take Spice and wolf, we know Person A travels with Person B for reasons.
Fanfic edition; 

Version 1: Suddenly there is a Person C involved, came out of nowhere, Person A dies just for the sake of dying, Person C decides to stay with person B and stuff happens and then happy ending. (the original plot goal is gone in some cases)
Version 2: a different Person C shows up in the story, apparently Person B knows this Person C and adventure happens, then because poorly explained reason they love one another and stuff happens, Person A is left out so the author makes a Person D for whatever reason, apparently A and D knows one another some random events happen aaaand Happy/sad ending.
Version 3: Half the original story is changed into something completely different and has no connection to the Original at all, Original plot is gone and changed into something else.

Good details, shit story. I´ve read too many stuff like this in the past i could puke. And they are always so similar and poorly "story wise" written.

This is the type of fanfic i don't like. Fanfic flavored to the Authors personal liking and little regard to the original story.

subjective ofc, but thats how i find them at lest.

Yes, the original story can be shit as well, but then i just don't like the whole thing as is its and will just scoop it under the carpet and i could care less of the fanfic eitherway. 
sure, maybe someone put some pixie dust on there fanfic of said shitty story but i would never know of it as i have probably forgotten about the whole series.

Another thing, Original Author "accepted" Fan fic (FMA i guess? or Star wars as @Charger mentioned) is not automatically ignored, afterall i have to check it out before i can judge it, you could call this "official fanfic" in this case.

Fan made Fanfic, is the stuff i avoid, lets say FRED made his own version of an ending of Hyouka and it went super romancy...yeah not sure how i would feel about it.

A fanfic story that turns out better than the Original...well that subjective, just like my Dislike for Fanfic, i might hate something someone else might love.

@helping if you're still mindfucked lets just put it this way: i have read so many shitty Fanfics i have an allergy for them.

so that idea i had ages ago to illuminate the back compartment of my pc was genius  

P7Uhzu0.jpg

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Praise the Lord Almighty, Evangelion 3.33 finally has a US release date. Freaking finally. Can't wait to get it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-10-10/funimation-evangelion-3.33-blu-ray-dvd-slated-for-february-2-2016/.94064

FEBRUARY !? Its not out yet !?!?!

FYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYK!! i wanted to pick 3.33 up during ComicCon at the end of october. 

Regarding One punch Man.

How many are even aware how the original looks like?

oh the memories of the manga (no idea if this is even the official one) 

post-121932-0-83383500-1444891254_thumb.

top kek , it sits xD 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Yes that's the one made by ONE. The Original artist.

i like his style of sorta .... how to say it ... half ass it ? xD he has a rushed feel to his artwork 

Spoiler
Spoiler

post-121932-0-53644500-1444894103.jpg

anyone else ? lel

Spoiler
Spoiler

attachicon.gifshitposting everyday.jpg

anyone else ? lel

That's some nice quality anime though.

I havn't seen it and it doesn't look appealing at all, nice to see some negative comments about it too.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

If that image is real, what anime is that from, because now I want to watch it.

>.< no idea , the art quality is on point tho ....

Spoiler
Spoiler

Like everything else by Madhouse starting with Death Parade. The problem is rabid Madhouse fanwankers who'll delude themselves anything by Madhouse is angel piss even after it finishes airing and it's plain as day that it's not. Look at Death Parade, an episodic anime that claims to be "psychological" by scraping the shallow surface of a dozen characters in 20 minute installments, still sitting at nearly a 9/10 rating on MAL. With only one passable arc (which was a double episode)

Granted, I don't think OPM is as bad as Death Parade, but it's still overhyped and overvalued.

Madhouse fans are their own worst enemies.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

anyone else ? lel

Friends? Lol what are those?

BTW anyone know where @Vitalius is?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

you can get them on ebay. im waiting for black friday discounts though

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Another day, another off-topic quote dump (on-topic readers may dismiss this post):

Join the club

dslrlenskit.jpg

Actually... My godparent has a red dot sight on his Canon 500D for use when he's shooting airplanes (which requites a long enough telephoto lens), says he can stay on target and switch targets easier than when looked through (an optical) viewfinder So apparently it's not completely outlandish.

@Laputacake
Heh... You.. You fucking mounted a red dot sight on a camera!?
I'm finding this too hilarious. I should mount the 6x scope on mine but I need one of those super big lenses and a stock first.

Wasn't me. I'm poor. But that's the camera im gonna get and just saw that and was amused by its absurdity.

Erm... Puta... That's a Leica M9... There's no way in hell you are gonna afford it anytime soon. You could maybe get an M3 (film camera), but even that is pushing it.

It's only a 200mm or actual focal length of 300mm which isn't that much. Maybe about half a mile zoom

Unlike most mirrorless cameras, that's actually full-frame, so there's no crop factor, meaning a 200mm lens is just that on said camera. Also, not sure what lens is that exactly, but looks like a Nikon-F mount lens with an adapter.

for when you're outside and trying to catch a 9mm with your face

Not sure if you made this post acknowledging that the one kind of film that video cameras like that used to use were 8mm film, but that was quite close.

I know 9mm is something completely different. It's a small metal object that flies towards you at supersonic speeds.

well then any TES game mainly Skyrim

cause

5934909_700b.jpg

a495pjw_700b.jpg

oh man 100? I'm running 190, of the 232 currently installed

portal series?

Am I one of the few people who don't have many mods in Skyrim? I have only 9 mods, not joking.

play undertale for me since i can't make time for it because i'm a total fucking loser

iKifyvL.jpg

or play Talos if you liked Portal
i assume u played portal 2
if you get the DLC, talos gets a lot harder than Portal.
Normal game gets harder near the end but I hear the DLC turns it up to 11.

btw, yesterday when I was watching some YouTube videos on my phone (rather random selection, but should not have any relation to Talos principle), most of the pre-rolled video adds were about just that. Google's data collection is surely paying them off... Better start bowing down on our new lord. :lol:

anyone else ? lel

That detail on the keyboard... It's not the most detail-full keyboard seen in anime, but surely better than majority.

Want me to make a wanted poster similarly to what I did with WinNut when he went missing?

post-23506-0-24974100-1444906066_thumb.j

Done in about 10 minutes in GIMP, hence the lack of quality.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Like everything else by Madhouse starting with Death Parade. The problem is rabid Madhouse fanwankers who'll delude themselves anything by Madhouse is angel piss even after it finishes airing and it's plain as day that it's not. Look at Death Parade, an episodic anime that claims to be "psychological" by scraping the shallow surface of a dozen characters in 20 minute installments, still sitting at nearly a 9/10 rating on MAL. With only one passable arc (which was a double episode)

Granted, I don't think OPM is as bad as Death Parade, but it's still overhyped and overvalued.

Madhouse fans are their own worst enemies.

Do you read OPM's manga? If you do you should know why it's so hyped about.

If you don't, then try reading it, it's a good manga start with

snip

Am I one of the few people who don't have many mods in Skyrim? I have only 9 mods, not joking.

snip

YOu don't really need a crap ton to have a better looking skyrim. But if you want to have a more immersive experience then you need a crap ton of mods.

all you need for a better skyrim environment, is any ambient mod, any ENB of your choice, any water mod, any flora overhaul, any climate/lighting mod

edit: and an hd texture pack, and some mesh packs

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]