Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@Charger @Opask @MyInnerFred

... I really should pay more attention to this game. They do more than I thought. Here is Omega Heal:
image_thumb191.png

Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index. Here is Omega Fire:

101029_blog2_08.jpg

Meito Anizawa from Anime Tencho^

Collaborations are cool. lol

Omega Ice is slightly NSFW (ever so slightly), but I don't recognize her. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Charger @Opask @MyInnerFred

... I really should pay more attention to this game. They do more than I thought. Here is Omega Heal:

Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index. Here is Omega Fire:

Meito Anizawa from Anime Tencho^

Collaborations are cool. lol

Omega Ice is slightly NSFW (ever so slightly), but I don't recognize her. :|

I should really play Disgaea.

I think they are all available on vita.

Would you recommend starting with the first one?

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

To each his own then...

If you tear it down, the first ep covers only around 1/6th of the first volume and I don't blame you for your reaction since it's like that even in the books...

I'm just personally interested in the general plot of things...

Edit:

On a side note... the VN I'm currently playing is really sweet...

what VN?

is it good?, i might add it to my list of "VNs i must play but never have the time to play them".

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

@MyInnerFred

Disgaea 4's Omega Wind spell everyone:

disgaea4_omega_wind.png

She looks familiar to me. Not sure where from tho...

Omega is Tier 4 magic (Tier 5 being ultimate). 

That's Holo from Spice and Wolf you dumby~!

Wow the game has so many cameos?!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I should really play Disgaea.

I think they are all available on vita.

Would you recommend starting with the first one?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Where to begin?

Disgaea 1 & 2 have the best stories. 3 was very meh and 4 was ok to good. I have yet to play 5 (it just came out IIRC).

Every game has a portable version with some slight updates that is a different name (Disgaea 1 is Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, while the portable version is Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness). Usually bug fixes & such.

Disgaea 1 is truly rough around the edges in terms of gameplay (the portable remake fixes some things but not all). I recommend starting with it, definitely, if you don't want to feel spoiled by the newer ones then feel like you are going back to the stone ages with 1.

Disgaea 2 fixes a lot of stuff in 1 while improving & adding others. There are ofc broken things (it's really hard to balance a tactical turn based JRPG with 9,999 levels and reincarnation to increase that immensely).

Disgaea 3 adds new ideas while further balancing stuff from Disgaea 2. 

Disgaea 4 repeats the above process. 

Basically, Disgaea is one long series about refining a game and adding new things to it to keep it fun (like most games try to do). Does it succeed? I'd say so, but I love grinding (weird, I know), so I may be biased and unable to accurately ascertain whether the series is doing a good job of keeping it from being repetitive. 

Then there's Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness. It's basically a direct sequel to Disgaea 1 (since each regular Disgaea has a different cast of characters) and continues it's story a bit. I didn't like it all that much. Very much felt like a money grab. Was moderately fun, but .... it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Some important notes:

• La Paucelle Tactics is a pre-cursor to Disgaea 1. Everything is very similar. It's almost like a prototype and I enjoyed it's story quite a bit. For example, levels go to 9,999 in all Disgaea games and they do in La Paucelle Tactics, but in all Disgaea games, level 9,999 is reachable. Level 400 is probably the most you'd EVER get to in La Paucelle Tactics, even though Level 1,000+ is technically attainable (through thousands of hours of grinding). The highest level enemy (ever) in that game is like 400 though.

• There are "glitches" in the engine from Disgaea 1 onward that became features as time went on. I won't tell you them in case you prefer to discover them yourself or wtv, but they are uber helpful for speeding through the games, but ofc make the regular story mode far easier in most of the games. Some can be game breaking, while others are just nice to have (thus them becoming "features"). The game breaking ones tend to get fixed.

• Always play beyond the regular final episode. Like, you beat the game, but in every game, there are special battles to be had after the ending. "Post Game content". These give more story, usually. Very important in Disgaea 1 (you only find out the true ending if you beat the final secret uber boss). Somewhat important in other Disgaeas as well.

However, note that these battles usually take around 100 hours to get and complete all of them (if you don't abuse game breaking stuff). That's per game. Grind, grind, grind is a thing in this game (it's not nearly as bad as some games, but you have to at least be smart about it and kinda enjoy it to make it without it bothering you).

• Every game has multiple endings depending on certain actions you take (you'd probably be best to just look up the list, because it usually requires re-beating the game multiple times, or just watch the endings on Youtube after you beat the game once).

• Unfortunately, Disgaea is a series plagued by DLC. $3-$4 per character. PER CHARACTER. There are like 10-20 usually. So you'd have to spend $100+ to get everything for each game. Not fun. Plus, some involve minor story content, so if you care about story, that sucks horribly, but you can usually make due with buying 1 or 2. Disgaea 1 ofc doesn't have this.

Gosh, this is making me want to replay them all.

For reference, you could probably get most major story bits by playing around 100-140 hours per game if you are efficient and use a guide. Blindly finding your way will involve much greater time consumption ofc.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

finished AnoHana i didn't even cry a single manly tear when i should've, i should've cried at least 1 manly tear, now to watch the movie(theres a movie right? iirc the was a little bit of talk about the movie am i correct?)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

@Vitalius 

Should have known you would give me a massive wall of text lol.

Looks like I will start with the first one. Probably play the PSP version on my Vita.

Also yep I enjoy grinding. Sometimes its fun to just sit around and boost your character for a few hours. On gamecube paper mario for example I was about 15 levels higher then I needed to be when I beat the final boss. And at that point in the game each battle gives you 1exp and you need 100 to level up. You could get more by going to the bottom of the pit of 100 trials but unless you are lucky that takes 3+ hours just get maybe 40exp. All the enemies down there are crazy OP and there is no healing between battles so you risk dying and losing 3 hours for no gain. So I basically did at least 1000 extra battles ranging from 4-10 turns(5min each.)

I'll probably beat the game once myself then look up how to do the other endings after I try to find the extra content myself.

Yes I enjoy finding "glitches" its probably one of my favorite things to master. I remember I found glitch in pokemon that let you catch a legendary with one poke ball every time(lowest chance). I've managed to do it on about ten different occasions but it required specific level on a specific pokemon and I can't remember it anymore.

@CatCloud

Ok sweet. I will grab the PSP ones and download them on my vita.

Also can confirm had no idea what a prinny was. They look alright I might check them out,

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Correction about the dlc @Vitalius mentioned.

Dlc came with Disgaea 3 and onwards only.

The portable version of the games had not only fixes but also additional content, such as extra story and other things.

If you never played a Disgaea game the grabbing the portable version might be a good idea for the extra materials alone.

You'll need a psp and a vita for them all.

Also all games are filled with cameos. All of them!

I also recommend the prinny games.

What is a prinny!? Check my profile, lel.

@Opask there is also aa Disgaea Anime :)

heu heu , my logic is sound ? maybe .... k maybe not lmao 

post-121932-0-28390400-1445301850.png 

in other news , there anything new coming out that sounds interesting ?

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

in other news , there anything new coming out that sounds interesting ?

there are 2 anime that start the same that have me intrigued but I have no idea if anything is good as I have yet to start watching but I do hear one punch man is decent

there are 2 anime that start the same that have me intrigued but I have no idea if anything is good as I have yet to start watching but I do hear one punch man is decent

hmmm i see , one punch mans original manga is fantastic 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

I seem to recall hearing that it was a badly drawn web comic to start

thats the best part xD his art style is rushed and zero fucks given 

Spoiler
Spoiler

thats the best part xD his art style is rushed and zero fucks given

I don't really see it as a problem seeing as it was popular enough to gain a large following and get made into a manga and an anime lol

Ugh... Disgaea 5's limited edition sold out... @Vitalius, Kill me.

There is still the day 1 edition though but...not enough swag.

makes me think of the pipboy edition of fallout 4 ;-; my friends bro got one but i didnt #icrieveritime

Spoiler
Spoiler

makes me think of the pipboy edition of fallout 4 ;-; my friends bro got one but i didnt #icrieveritime

I know that feel, but with big titles like that there tend to be left overs.. My suggestion is to keep an eye out during the week after release... And stay away from ripoffBay.

Ugh.

Well, Undertale was a fun time. D'awws all around (though the lab was a bit weird). I wonder if I'll have the heart to replay it in evil mode sometime.

i freaking love this game to bits. 

genocide is depressing as hell.. i couldn't do it lol. you'll have to face

Sans, who's a pain in the ass to kill. just look up his boss battle on youtube. though if you do manage to reach the end more stuff about the story opens up