Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort is giving me diabetes... the heroines are too sweet... not that it's a bad thing...

especially the main heroine...

original.jpg?w=800&h

I'm laughing so hard I'm starting to have a panic attack

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

What I'm really hyped up about right now is Heavy Object...

Why?

(especially having seen the first episode)

Need a manga/anime that is similar to "Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi" any off of the top of your heads?

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

Need a manga/anime that is similar to "Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi" any off of the top of your heads?

so basically zero to hero mangas?

naruto is a prime example.

God of High School(not a manga but a webtoon so it's colored)

The Breaker(Martial Arts, Brutal and has three parts The Breaker, The Breaker: NEw Waves and an unreleased one yet to be announced when it will start)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Is "5 Centimeters Per Second" good?

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

8 episodes into Steins Gate. What a slow crawl.

And that is what keeps me from trying to watch it at the moment. I thought the first episode dragged and dropped it and I keep hearing the first 3rd of the anime is slow to watch.

Why?

(especially having seen the first episode)

I've read a few volumes of the novel and so far I've got no issues with the adaptation... in fact, I'm very satisfied with how they showed the 'objects' in the anime since in the books they're reduced to silhouettes...

The story on its own is pretty exciting for me and I'm hoping that one of my favorite characters would make the anime...

what's wrong with ep 1 though? and yes the sfx of the show is a bit rough...

and the battles in the first arc take place in the middle of a snowstorm...

Is "5 Centimeters Per Second" good?

Yep.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

so basically zero to hero mangas?

naruto is a prime example.

God of High School(not a manga but a webtoon so it's colored)

The Breaker(Martial Arts, Brutal and has three parts The Breaker, The Breaker: NEw Waves and an unreleased one yet to be announced when it will start)

Thanks!

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

what's wrong with ep 1 though? and yes the sfx of the show is a bit rough...

and the battles in the first arc take place in the middle of a snowstorm...

I don't want to tear episode one apart entirely, so I'll just say that it was a lot of padded and repetitive dialogue and goofy fanservice that could have been trimmed down to 4 minutes and the episode wouldn't have lost anything. Essentially they had the gall to bore me, only to hope I would stay around because lol obvious cliffhanger.

If the novels are better, fine. But I'm not the type to forgive a lame adaptation because the novels are better :)

If the novels are better, fine. But I'm not the type to forgive a lame adaptation because the novels are better :)

I have not really read anything to really even compare manga/ light novel to anime adaptations.

The only thing I have fully read and watched was mysterious girlfriend x and with that I noticed that there were a few summers in the manga without an age or grade progression which I didn't notice in the anime lol

I don't want to tear episode one apart entirely, so I'll just say that it was a lot of padded and repetitive dialogue and goofy fanservice that could have been trimmed down to 4 minutes and the episode wouldn't have lost anything. Essentially they had the gall to bore me, only to hope I would stay around because lol obvious cliffhanger.

To each his own then...

If you tear it down, the first ep covers only around 1/6th of the first volume and I don't blame you for your reaction since it's like that even in the books...

I'm just personally interested in the general plot of things...

Edit:

On a side note... the VN I'm currently playing is really sweet...

I'm just personally interested in the general plot of things...

Ok, that's basically the answer I was interested in, thanks. Even an anime with a bad start can get better, so I like to know it when that happens. Being produced by JC Staff is frankly a guarantee that they'll water things down to mediocrity for mass teen appeal, but if the story is still very strong on its own then even they can't always fuck it up entirely (see for instance, Toradora).

finished baccano! the entire format of the show got me like this

That's why I dropped Baccano. My weak brain can't handle it. :lol:

I'll give it another chance at some point though.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Just finished watching Zankyou no Terror! Awesome anime! How do more people not know of it? It was pretty cool and unique imo.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Just finished watching Zankyou no Terror! Awesome anime! How do more people not know of it? It was pretty cool and unique imo.

what do you guys even see in this anime?

ZWAhL8k.png

Error: 410

Art style, soundtrack, "wow" moments, likable characters(mostly), they kept dark theme trough out whole series, story had enough to get me in,  while their motives at the end were kinda stupid, conclusion was awesome anyway. 

Thats what I liked about it

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Presumably a gateway anime to ease them off of shounen/harem hijinks, and onto something a bit more seinen-styled, without challenging the status quo too much.

ZWAhL8k.png

I don't know I liked the characters, art, setting, the small sense of mystery of why they were doing what they were doing, etc. And I haven't really watched any or much anime of this kind of style and it was a good length too. However I didn't really like Five wish she wouldn't be there.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

KYOUKAI NO KANATA yay or nay ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Presumably a gateway anime to ease them off of shounen/harem hijinks, and onto something a bit more seinen-styled, without challenging the status quo too much.

Art style, soundtrack, "wow" moments, likable characters(mostly), they kept dark theme trough out whole series, story had enough to get me in,  while their motives at the end were kinda stupid, conclusion was awesome anyway. 

Thats what I liked about it

I don't know I liked the characters, art, setting, the small sense of mystery of why they were doing what they were doing, etc. And I haven't really watched any or much anime of this kind of style and it was a good length too. However I didn't really like Five wish she wouldn't be there.

seems like there's much better content out there that would fit these requirements. Can't say I'd ever felt any "dark" themes from it.

sure it looks nice, but aside from that and a cool explosion now and again it has almost nothing going for it once they introduce the girl designed to basically drag ass the entire time (god knows why a terrorist worth shit would keep her on board)

Hell, I don't think a goddamn MCDONALDS would keep that character

Character design and development was absolutely deplorable

not even bothering to mention the stupid riddles and 5.

if you've never seen anything else before, I can kind of see that being a reasonable explanation, but it's still a weak title IMO.

KYOUKAI NO KANATA yay or nay ?

no, kara no kyoukai instead

try something different and not plainly mediocre

Error: 410