Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I've watched it but found another that isn't really related but in terms of my indiscriminate chart of favorites absolutely blows it out of the water, and I thought Hyouka was pretty good too. 

Won't endorse it until I'm done because there's still time for a train wreck, so to speak. 

Let us know what series it is when your done. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've watched it but found another that isn't really related but in terms of my indiscriminate chart of favorites absolutely blows it out of the water, and I thought Hyouka was pretty good too. 

Won't endorse it until I'm done because there's still time for a train wreck, so to speak. 

Another is very good. I'd recommend Shiki if you're into horror type anime. Still, haven't found anything to beat the Monogatari series yet. 

EDIT: I assumed you meant the anime "Another" but I'm not sure xD

Another is very good. I'd recommend Shiki if you're into horror type anime. Still, haven't found anything to beat the Monogatari series yet. 

Seen all three, unfortunately. 

The series in question isn't really horror but does sometimes have an eerie uncomfortable feeling at times. 

Error: 410

Seen all three, unfortunately. 

It's rare to find someone that has seen/read Shiki (:  I'm still partway through reading Kizumonogatari, but it's really good so far. I also need to start reading Kagerou Project, but just haven't got round to it yet. 

Now, don't judge me for this, but I actually read/played an 18+ visual novel recently that had an insanely good story and one of the endings is really sad. It's called Saya No Uta, would seriously recommend it. 

It's rare to find someone that has seen/read Shiki (:  I'm still partway through reading Kizumonogatari, but it's really good so far. I also need to start reading Kagerou Project, but just haven't got round to it yet. 

Now, don't judge me for this, but I actually read/played an 18+ visual novel recently that had an insanely good story and one of the endings is really sad. It's called Saya No Uta, would seriously recommend it. 

I heard someone on teamspeak talking about that visual novel. It was some really twisted dark stuff... having to pick between the real world and the other... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I heard someone on teamspeak talking about that visual novel. It was some really twisted dark stuff... having to pick between the real world and the other... 

Yep, it's pretty grim. There's some parts that seem odd, but once you start to realise what's actually going on, it gets so much worse. You get to a point where you sort of know what's going on, but you have to go though the options before you're completely sure. It's actually very good, and has a better story than most anime. 

Life of a Gamer.

*life of an anime addict. 

Life

WmgrND3.gif

ive seen shiki, i was alright but not really the style im into

Let us know what series it is when your done.

EDIT: I assumed you meant the anime "Another" but I'm not sure xD

No, lol. A different series, while unrelated, I liked a lot more. In fact I'd probably say it's now one of my favorites and will be much more memorable and able to stand next to others I like i.e. CG, madoka, AOT etc. I"ll have to rewatch it to get everything from it because it's kind of a heavy watch. That says a lot because I'm usually a pretty harsh critic. 

Your weekly animu choices are often.. candidly speaking, very dull. I would implore you to give consideration to this one since it was much more refreshing than anything I've seen in recent memory. 

What I was referring to was Mawaru Penguindrum. It came out in 2011 and I have no idea how I've never heard of something so amazing until now. I would say it falls under tragic comedy. I wouldn't say that it's as pitch black as say, Madoka, but it gets pretty grey and has a style of humor that starts off prominent and whimsical in the beginning, lessening to the end of the series and coming off as sardonic at some times by putting humor in non-humorous situations. It starts off enchanting and awkward and gets more grim over time. 

I'm having a really hard time describing it, it's a pretty original series. It's not really horror, so people that fawn over horror wouldn't like it, but at the same time people that loathe horror probably wouldn't like it either. It's built entirely around the concept of "fate" and centered around the Penguindrum and a fate diary, tied to two girls who can more or less both be considered dead. I like that they kept the character list pretty short and focused on a small quantity of characters. It's a double edged sword since it sort of takes a bit of the mystery out of it, but nonetheless. Every character in it has some variation of a screwed up past and a portion of it is walling in the outcome of their history and then how 'fate' is changed. 

There's a ridiculous amount of symbolism in this one with apples, threads, and trains. The use of Penguins is pretty appropriate. In the beginning they're acknowledged and used as a comedic tool, later on though they become  more or less avatars of the characters. They're used very liberally until near the end of the series as a sort of background action and to fill blank animation spaces during dialogue or situations that would otherwise  be visually not important. They add a lot without being a hindrance. 

7x5yfaI.jpg?1NyeXeh6.gifQl4reNv.gif

Since there is no direct comparison, I would say that if you liked -monogatari, Mirai Nikki, NGE, Madoka, Kyousougiga (would also recommend, not many seem to know about it) and maybe xxxHolic (also great, underrepresented), you'd probably like this series. They don't have plot similarities, but thematically you could match it up with something from each. If I had to choose, I would probably say it's closer to the monogatari series, but not as heavy on the whole apparitions thing and without SHAFT animation/art and dialogue style. 

10/10 from me, solid ending. I seldom receive something that well. Of course there are some minor plot holes and a few of those "wow did u srsly" moments, but they're certainly tolerable.

If you've already seen this, you might have caught my pun

Damn @helping, this must be the first time i se you write so much! You ok?

And no "helping" jokes either :o

My posts are usually concise, but every once in a while I drop anecdotes from tomes

though I thought that was pretty short  :huh:

-snip-

Shoot I don't know if I should watch this or not now... knowing it gets a bit darker as the story progresses. I'm sucker for light toned stuff, and happy things.

Damn @helping, this must be the first time i se you write so much! You ok?

And no "helping" jokes either :o

He's fine, he's just still editing his posts. 

My posts are usually concise, but every once in a while I drop anecdotes from tomes

though I thought that was pretty short  :huh:

I feel like I'm never going to be able to figure this out without asking

Are you a man or woman?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoot I don't know if I should watch this or not now... knowing it gets a bit darker as the story progresses. I'm sucker for light toned stuff, and happy things.

He's fine, he's just still editing his posts.

It's not a bad ending, and like I said 'dark' is to be taken with a grain of salt. 

I guess you could say it's more serious/realistic in a fantasy environment. 

It has some of that lightness from the comedy; albeit more of quickly exhale comedy, not ohgodnoair type.

you a man 

I loathe demographics and differentiation on the internet, mostly because it's pointless and exploitable.

you're killing my mysteriousness man

I feel like I'm never going to be able to figure this out without asking

Are you a man or woman?

Both o.0

It's not a bad ending, and like I said 'dark' is to be taken with a grain of salt. 

I guess you could say it's more serious/realistic in a fantasy environment. 

It has some of that lightness from the comedy; albeit more of quickly exhale comedy, not ohgodnoair type. 

Gotcha I'll probably give it a go then. 

-snip-

Shit I've never notice how disturbing your profile page background was.... Is that a gif or a animated png? 

Good lord Helping... 

RSg3vx1.gif

Shit I've never notice how disturbing your profile page background was.... Is that a gif or a animated png? 

Good lord Helping...

tessellated gif lol. I was thinking about resizing the gif smaller to fit more "gif pixels" in

My CPU spikes by like ~15% looking at my profile.

Looking at some of the PC's people have on here, some guy with his netbook or Pent D goes looking at my page, it's probably going to either crash something or spike them to 100% My0UtDA.png?2

tessellated gif lol. I was thinking about resizing the gif smaller to fit more "gif pixels" in

My CPU spikes by like ~20% looking at my profile.

Looking at some of the PC's people have on here, some guy with his netbook or Pent D goes looking at my page, it's probably going to either crash something or spike them to 100% My0UtDA.png?2

Odd, I've got a i7 3610QM and it doesn't have a single issue. Then again my laptop is a MONSTER.

Nothing has ever used up a lot of my CPU, my RAM is my limiting factor. / Shit HDD with low speeds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My CPU spikes by like ~15% looking at my profile.

Well you see... I can't tell what causes my CPU spikes because... well.... 

JLDXsfl.png

bKb6iZo.png

Because I always have tons of stuff open.... 

it's installing right now

http://gyazo.com/a0fee993731a4cbde7da48d16d7d56ad

Odd, I've got a i7 3610QM and it doesn't have a single issue. Then again my laptop is a MONSTER.

Nothing has ever used up a lot of my CPU, my RAM is my limiting factor. / Shit HDD with low speeds

It's only Chrome that struggles. My profile page is choppy as hell and the gifs aren't full speed on Chrome.

On Nightly it uses near no resources, gifs are full speed, no lag. 

Nightly doesn't crash as much either, hence I have that installed now and I'm gradually working to phase Chrome out. 

awfully toasty CPU you have there too..