Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, wasab said:

I watched it for the gore and to see characters suffer. Rape was distasteful but all the bloodshed was satisfying. 

Even the Gore was shit...

Only a bit of Splatter here and there, not that Gory...

 

Drifters was better, more Gory...

Or the good old Fist of the North Star.

It wasn't even that gory and more focused about the development of the Main Character and his Partners. 

 

The Rape was only in the first episode, though mentioned in a couple others...

 

In the end it was kinda average. Decent watch, nothing you should have done...

 

In the Meantime I asked my Mom to watch an episode of my Roomate is on my Lap and sometimes on my Head and she liked it so far.

Lets see how she likes the other episodes.

We also have a Cat, so that helps a lot to make her interested in an Anime that is essentially about a Cat and his writer Owner...


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid Angel Beats making me have feels... 

 

Hi Score Girl art was well done IMO, just because it isn’t traditional doesn’t make it bad!

 

Also Dragon Pilot is in my top 10 anime!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Hi Score Girl art was well done IMO, just because it isn’t traditional doesn’t make it bad!

The art aside, I find myself unable to watch this. There is no structure to the anime, it feels like it's a slideshow with hardly any plot and the most interactions are silent beatings and 80% inner screams (because you can't really call that monologue) of the boy.

 

Going through 1st episode was exhausting :D


CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

The art aside, I find myself unable to watch this. There is no structure to the anime, it feels like it's a slideshow with hardly any plot and the most interactions are silent beatings and 80% inner screams (because you can't really call that monologue) of the boy.

 

Going through 1st episode was exhausting :D

It gets better after the first few episodes.


Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

The art aside, I find myself unable to watch this. There is no structure to the anime, it feels like it's a slideshow with hardly any plot and the most interactions are silent beatings and 80% inner screams (because you can't really call that monologue) of the boy.

 

Going through 1st episode was exhausting :D

 

I feel that’s the whole point, things don’t have structure, you create what little you can from the things that bind you to someone else. Even if they fail (spoiler?) or sort of suceed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since ive been on the site but im planning a trip to japan in July and was wondering if there are any recommendations on where to visit, what i should experience. Figured this thread might have a few ideas.


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RainColt said:

Been a while since ive been on the site but im planning a trip to japan in July and was wondering if there are any recommendations on where to visit, what i should experience. Figured this thread might have a few ideas.

A bunch of our club members did a group trip to Japan last year. You could ask them here or on discord.


Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RainColt said:

Been a while since ive been on the site but im planning a trip to japan in July and was wondering if there are any recommendations on where to visit, what i should experience. Figured this thread might have a few ideas.

I went to Japan ~2 months ago. It was fantastic

 

Where will you be staying?

How long will you be staying?

What is your budget (trying to be as cheap as possible, or your average travel budget?)

What are your interests? I assume anime and manga because you're in this thread, but anything else such as some specific characters (let's say Moomin, or Gundam, some Japanese idol group, etc).

Do you know Japanese?

Have you decided that you're going in July or is that preliminary? Any reason for July specifically?

What physical condition are you in (how much walking will you manage in a day)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys headed to ACEN 2019 tomorrow like every year. If any of you end up going hit me up. More likely to get me on Twitter or Instagram but I'll check back here. I really think @MyInnerFred@MyInnerFred should come up some time ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RainColt said:

Been a while since ive been on the site but im planning a trip to japan in July and was wondering if there are any recommendations on where to visit, what i should experience. Figured this thread might have a few ideas.

Depends what you want to see and if your going for the history, pop culture, or what not. 

 

If your from the US get the fancy new drivers license and make sure your passport is good. I would also do TSA pre check to save time and hastle. Depending on how lo G you'll be there maybe look into an international drivers license before you go? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I went to Japan ~2 months ago. It was fantastic

 

Where will you be staying?

How long will you be staying?

What is your budget (trying to be as cheap as possible, or your average travel budget?)

What are your interests? I assume anime and manga because you're in this thread, but anything else such as some specific characters (let's say Moomin, or Gundam, some Japanese idol group, etc).

Do you know Japanese?

Have you decided that you're going in July or is that preliminary? Any reason for July specifically?

What physical condition are you in (how much walking will you manage in a day)?

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

 

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

 

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time.

 

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

 

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

A bunch of our club members did a group trip to Japan last year. You could ask them here or on discord.

Theres a discord? How do i join?


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RainColt said:

Theres a discord? How do i join?

You have to kill an existing member.


Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

 

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

 

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time.

 

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

 

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits

being there a month if your into any japanese music you have a decent chance of being able to get tickets

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

 

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

 

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time.

 

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

 

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits

Go visit mount fiji. You can travel by japanese bullet train. You dont need to keep flying from one place to another. 


Sudo make me a sandwich 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on landing in Osaka and working my way north to atleast Tokyo.

Then I highly recommend you get a JR Rail pass. Going on the bullet train (Shinkansen) is expensive as balls (around 100 dollars per ticket), but included in the rail pass. If you're going to ride the Shinkansen multiple times, you will save money with the JR Pass.

 

12 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im planning on staying for a month on a budget of 5000-10000$ depending on how cheap or how expensive it ends up being.

Damn that's a long time, but I am sure you'll be able to fill every single day with stuff to do.

Depends on how you want to live, but 5000 should be fine.

 

I stayed a little over 2 weeks and managed to get by with:

1100 in pocket money

The flight was around 800

Hotels for around 600 USD.

1 week JR Pass for 250 dollars.

Plus some smaller stuff like WiFi rental (maybe 50 dollars in total).

 

With that money we lived on pretty good hotels (although a bit away from central Tokyo and Kyoto).

We bought pretty big breakfasts from the convenience stores nearby.

Ate lunch and dinner at restaurants every day.

Visited at least one, but sometimes two, cafes a day and ate things like cake and ice cream.

 

 

12 hours ago, RainColt said:

Im not really sure, like yeah, still got weeb blood flowing through my veins but i also want to go experience things that are super outside my comfort zone. Dont speak any Japanese so that kinda works. But its also just the only vacation ive ever taken and its the first time i can afford the time. 

What I found is that it was best to plan as little as possible. What we did was we picked out all the stuff we wanted to see (Monkey park in Kyoto, Nishiki market, Tokyo sky tree, Tokyo government building, etc) and star marked them in Google maps. Then we could see what was close to each other and visited that area one day.

So for example we went "okay, on monday we visit Tokyo Sky tree. Near the skytree we also have the Moonmin cafe we want to visit, and not too far away form there we got a food market". Then we didn't really do much more planning that than for the day. We just went to the area, visited the stuff we wanted, and then strolled around a lot. It was really nice to not have a strict schedule to follow, and we were super busy just looking at things and going into stores we passed by on our way to places.

I can write a list of the places I visited and what I thought of them if you want.

 

 

12 hours ago, RainColt said:

July is when im financially comfortable with leaving my job i could do August but then i go to school in September.

I see. The reason why I ask is because I believe spring is the best time to visit. I went in late march, early April. The weather was really good (although a bit rainy from day to day) and the cheery trees were in full bloom. Japan gets really hot and humid during the summer so people often report that they get sweaty from simply standing still outside.

In July the average temperature is 25 degrees in Tokyo with humidily being able to reach ~80% (aka, it feels like a rain forest).

The good thing about July is that there are quite a bit of local festivals around.

I recommend you read this site: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

 

12 hours ago, RainColt said:

And im in great physical condition. 26years ,6'1 180lb gym for an hour a day every day. Nothing physical is off limits

That's good.

 

 

 

 

 

General tips:

Spoiler

Buy a little handkerchief. Some public toilets expect YOU to bring something to dry your hands with after washing them. Don't worry though, you're never far from a souvenir shop or 7-11 which sell them.

 

Bring a backpack, and in that a little plastic bag (like the one you get from 7-11). There are very, very few garbage bins. If you find one, they will probably be near vending machines, but often times they are for cans only. You will need something to put your trash in and either bring your garbage with you home, or empty it whenever you find one of those rare trash bins.

The backpack is just all-around good to have to keep stuff in.

 

Buy a pair of really comfortable shoes. You will walk, a lot. I think we averaged somewhere around 19 kilometers a day (for comparison, the average in the US is around 4km a day). Your feet will be killing you unless you got really good shoes, and even then they will probably hurt at the end of the day.

 

RENT A PORTABLE WIFI!!!!!!

This is really, really important. Using Google maps to figure out how to travel, using public transport, is pretty much mandatory and will save you a ton of time. I went with Japan Wireless and it worked flawlessly but I've heard there are several good rental services. It's also really good for using Google translate.

 

Learn some Japanese. At least Katakana. You don't even need to learn much. But quite a lot of signs, at least on store buildings, are not written in English. Being able to read some of them are very useful. Don't get me wrong, you can quite easily be in Japan a month and be fine using only English, but being able to tell that a restaurant is a Ramen shop without having to go in and ask is very handy.

Also, most things like signs at train stations, inside trains and restaurant menus are in both Japanese and English so you don't have to worry about that. However, the Japanese natives are in general terrible at English. Do not expect to be able to talk to someone using English.

There are some phrases you should learn though, such as "eigo o hanashimasu ka" which means "do you speak English", "hai" which means "yes", and "iee" which means no.

 

Get a Suica card. It's a card you load up with money and then you use it for trains and buses. Buying individual tickets every time you're going on a train or bus is very time consuming and annoying. Just get a Suica card (or PASMO, or ICOCO, they are more or less the same).

 

Bring cash, and be prepared to use it. Only a handful of places will accept card payment. In Japan, cash is king. It's best to bring your card with you though so that you can withdraw more cash if you need (can be done at post offices or 7-11). A lot of ATMs do not accept foreign cards, but those at post office sand 7-11 do.

Also, be prepared to carry around lots and lots of coins. Japanese coins range from 1 yen (0.1 US cent) to 500 yen (4.5 dollar).

 

DO NOT TIP. Japanese people do not like being tipped. If you try to leave tip on for example a restaurant then staff might actually run after you out from the restaurant to give it back to you.

 

Try and be respectful. Tourists have gotten a bad rep in Japan and I am not surprised. All the Japanese native me met were extremely friendly, kind, social and helpful. A lot of the tourists, especially Chinese tourists, were very rude and loud.

 

Convenience stores like 7-11 are really, really good. You can buy anything you need from there, including things like fried chicken. Whenever you buy food there you get disposable eating utensils for the things you bought, a wet paper towel and if you buy something that will need heating, they will offer to do it for you in the store so you can eat it right away.

 

Don't be a smoker. If you have to smoke, you need to do it at a designated smoking area (which are mostly in office buildings or places like bars and restaurants). If you are caught smoking while for example walking on a street, you will be fine, and quite heftily too.

 

If you have tattoos, try to cover them. Tattoos in Japan are heavily associated with gang and criminals. Some places like gyms and spas won't even allow you in if you do not cover your tattoos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Then I highly recommend you get a JR Rail pass. Going on the bullet train (Shinkansen) is expensive as balls (around 100 dollars per ticket), but included in the rail pass. If you're going to ride the Shinkansen multiple times, you will save money with the JR Pass.

 

Damn that's a long time, but I am sure you'll be able to fill every single day with stuff to do.

Depends on how you want to live, but 5000 should be fine.

 

I stayed a little over 2 weeks and managed to get by with:

1100 in pocket money

The flight was around 800

Hotels for around 600 USD.

1 week JR Pass for 250 dollars.

Plus some smaller stuff like WiFi rental (maybe 50 dollars in total).

 

With that money we lived on pretty good hotels (although a bit away from central Tokyo and Kyoto).

We bought pretty big breakfasts from the convenience stores nearby.

Ate lunch and dinner at restaurants every day.

Visited at least one, but sometimes two, cafes a day and ate things like cake and ice cream.

 

 

What I found is that it was best to plan as little as possible. What we did was we picked out all the stuff we wanted to see (Monkey park in Kyoto, Nishiki market, Tokyo sky tree, Tokyo government building, etc) and star marked them in Google maps. Then we could see what was close to each other and visited that area one day.

So for example we went "okay, on monday we visit Tokyo Sky tree. Near the skytree we also have the Moonmin cafe we want to visit, and not too far away form there we got a food market". Then we didn't really do much more planning that than for the day. We just went to the area, visited the stuff we wanted, and then strolled around a lot. It was really nice to not have a strict schedule to follow, and we were super busy just looking at things and going into stores we passed by on our way to places.

I can write a list of the places I visited and what I thought of them if you want.

 

 

I see. The reason why I ask is because I believe spring is the best time to visit. I went in late march, early April. The weather was really good (although a bit rainy from day to day) and the cheery trees were in full bloom. Japan gets really hot and humid during the summer so people often report that they get sweaty from simply standing still outside.

In July the average temperature is 25 degrees in Tokyo with humidily being able to reach ~80% (aka, it feels like a rain forest).

The good thing about July is that there are quite a bit of local festivals around.

I recommend you read this site: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

 

That's good.

 

 

 

 

 

General tips:

  Hide contents

Buy a little handkerchief. Some public toilets expect YOU to bring something to dry your hands with after washing them. Don't worry though, you're never far from a souvenir shop or 7-11 which sell them.

 

Bring a backpack, and in that a little plastic bag (like the one you get from 7-11). There are very, very few garbage bins. If you find one, they will probably be near vending machines, but often times they are for cans only. You will need something to put your trash in and either bring your garbage with you home, or empty it whenever you find one of those rare trash bins.

The backpack is just all-around good to have to keep stuff in.

 

Buy a pair of really comfortable shoes. You will walk, a lot. I think we averaged somewhere around 19 kilometers a day (for comparison, the average in the US is around 4km a day). Your feet will be killing you unless you got really good shoes, and even then they will probably hurt at the end of the day.

 

RENT A PORTABLE WIFI!!!!!!

This is really, really important. Using Google maps to figure out how to travel, using public transport, is pretty much mandatory and will save you a ton of time. I went with Japan Wireless and it worked flawlessly but I've heard there are several good rental services. It's also really good for using Google translate.

 

Learn some Japanese. At least Katakana. You don't even need to learn much. But quite a lot of signs, at least on store buildings, are not written in English. Being able to read some of them are very useful. Don't get me wrong, you can quite easily be in Japan a month and be fine using only English, but being able to tell that a restaurant is a Ramen shop without having to go in and ask is very handy.

Also, most things like signs at train stations, inside trains and restaurant menus are in both Japanese and English so you don't have to worry about that. However, the Japanese natives are in general terrible at English. Do not expect to be able to talk to someone using English.

There are some phrases you should learn though, such as "eigo o hanashimasu ka" which means "do you speak English", "hai" which means "yes", and "iee" which means no.

 

Get a Suica card. It's a card you load up with money and then you use it for trains and buses. Buying individual tickets every time you're going on a train or bus is very time consuming and annoying. Just get a Suica card (or PASMO, or ICOCO, they are more or less the same).

 

Bring cash, and be prepared to use it. Only a handful of places will accept card payment. In Japan, cash is king. It's best to bring your card with you though so that you can withdraw more cash if you need (can be done at post offices or 7-11). A lot of ATMs do not accept foreign cards, but those at post office sand 7-11 do.

Also, be prepared to carry around lots and lots of coins. Japanese coins range from 1 yen (0.1 US cent) to 500 yen (4.5 dollar).

 

DO NOT TIP. Japanese people do not like being tipped. If you try to leave tip on for example a restaurant then staff might actually run after you out from the restaurant to give it back to you.

 

Try and be respectful. Tourists have gotten a bad rep in Japan and I am not surprised. All the Japanese native me met were extremely friendly, kind, social and helpful. A lot of the tourists, especially Chinese tourists, were very rude and loud.

 

Convenience stores like 7-11 are really, really good. You can buy anything you need from there, including things like fried chicken. Whenever you buy food there you get disposable eating utensils for the things you bought, a wet paper towel and if you buy something that will need heating, they will offer to do it for you in the store so you can eat it right away.

 

Don't be a smoker. If you have to smoke, you need to do it at a designated smoking area (which are mostly in office buildings or places like bars and restaurants). If you are caught smoking while for example walking on a street, you will be fine, and quite heftily too.

 

If you have tattoos, try to cover them. Tattoos in Japan are heavily associated with gang and criminals. Some places like gyms and spas won't even allow you in if you do not cover your tattoos.

 

Omg your general tips, thanks a million i'll definitely have to look into the portable wifi.

 

I learnt hiragana a few years ago i can sound things out but dont know it.


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget to call people by their last names. It is dispectful to refer to people you just met on  first names basis in japan. 

 

One of my professor used to be an engineer at IBM. He traveled to Japan once for conference and call a CEO of a Japanese company as Mr. follow by his first name and everyone in the conference room stared at him thinking who the hell he thinks he is. It was really awakard lol. 

 


Sudo make me a sandwich 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RainColt said:

Omg your general tips, thanks a million i'll definitely have to look into the portable wifi.

 

I learnt hiragana a few years ago i can sound things out but dont know it. 

There are also SIM cards you can rent and use for 4G. But keep in mind that Japan may not have the same frequency bands as your home country, and as a result your phone might have terrible reception while in Japan. If you order a "pocket WiFi" you will get good reception, and can share it with other people (if you travel with someone).

 

 

10 hours ago, RainColt said:

I learnt hiragana a few years ago i can sound things out but dont know it. 

That's good enough, although I would recommend Katakana too (not too hard if you already know Hiragana).

Just being able to read things phonetically will help tremendously because you can quickly read it and then type it into Google translate. And a lot of stuff is quite obvious when you read it out loud.

 

 

10 hours ago, wasab said:

Don't forget to call people by their last names. It is dispectful to refer to people you just met on  first names basis in japan. 

 

One of my professor used to be an engineer at IBM. He traveled to Japan once for conference and call a CEO of a Japanese company as Mr. follow by his first name and everyone in the conference room stared at him thinking who the hell he thinks he is. It was really awakard lol.

Japan has quite a few mannerism things which seem strange to us. For example it is rude to blow your nose. You should not put your chopsticks into the rice (or spear food in general). Waking and eating is very rude. When you are on a crowded train you should put your backpack on your stomach, not on your back. You do NOT speak on the cellphone while on public transport. The list goes on and on.

But Japan are used to tourists and in general have lower expectations, and more understanding that people from abroad do not know about their manners. So if you're just a tourist, not talking to the CEO of a company, then you should be fine. Just try to be respectful and follow along with others as best as you can and you'll be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the idea from the first post completely gone, or modified?

I think this turned into anime-related general thread? If so, I'm actually quite happy, there's no way I'd have time to watch whole series every week and even if it's not required by rules, I drop only the worse and don't simultaneously watch multiple titles.

 

That being said, do you agree that the way people watch anime has changed? I've seen this mentioned on several YouTube channels and it fits what I see, that is:

Newcomers to anime world used to get a list of classics, out of which you'd have to watch some before you're considered a proper fan. Nowadays people grab whatever's most popular out of the airing show and start with that. There are two things I don't like about it: 1. They miss out the timeless titles, which makes whatever is the best series they saw their ceiling, usually something that's only good; 2. I don't watch ongoing stuff and feel left out.

 

Any thoughts on that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Loote said:

 

That being said, do you agree that the way people watch anime has changed? I've seen this mentioned on several YouTube channels and it fits what I see, that is:

Newcomers to anime world used to get a list of classics, out of which you'd have to watch some before you're considered a proper fan. Nowadays people grab whatever's most popular out of the airing show and start with that. There are two things I don't like about it: 1. They miss out the timeless titles, which makes whatever is the best series they saw their ceiling, usually something that's only good; 2. I don't watch ongoing stuff and feel left out.

 

Any thoughts on that?

There's too much good modern anime to try and keep up with. I dont think people need to do their homework to know what they like.

 

Like to think that the most popular anime is any different than how most of us got into anime (dragonball, naruto, bleach, inuasha, cardcaptors, yugioh) those were plenty of our first anime. Its just a new generation, and with the progression of time that the amount  of great anime you have have to watch would get unreasonable. Whens the cutoff date? And who dictates what has to be seen? Its ridiculous.

 

Really, there shouldn't be elitism if they like what they like, thats great. We shouldnt pu ourselves or our favorite anime on a pedestal. 


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are lists, my preferred way was to get some 'must watch' list, dig into it and choose titles that sound interesting. What I hope for is, how to describe it... some common base? Reading someone's opinion on, say Cowboy Bebop, NGE and GitS for example, be it good or bad, could point me into what their taste is like. I know it won't happen both because a complete list of must-see titles is impossible to create and because not many will care about it anyway. It's just, I feel you can watch ongoing series and you'll have on average 5-6/10 experience, or you could watch things that multiple people have deemed 'classics' and have 7-8/10 experience on average.

 

Don't take me too seriously, I'm not on any kind of crusade, just curious if there's someone with similar feelings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, TheProfosist said:

Well guys headed to ACEN 2019 tomorrow like every year. If any of you end up going hit me up. More likely to get me on Twitter or Instagram but I'll check back here. I really think @MyInnerFred@MyInnerFred should come up some time ;)

Haha I can't travel that far. It would be better if you came down to Houston and participated in Anime Matsuri around June 13th instead.

 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:19 PM, RainColt said:

Theres a discord? How do i join?

I can send you a discord link if you want.

 

15 hours ago, Loote said:

Is the idea from the first post completely gone, or modified?

I think this turned into anime-related general thread? If so, I'm actually quite happy, there's no way I'd have time to watch whole series every week and even if it's not required by rules, I drop only the worse and don't simultaneously watch multiple titles.

 

That being said, do you agree that the way people watch anime has changed? I've seen this mentioned on several YouTube channels and it fits what I see, that is:

Newcomers to anime world used to get a list of classics, out of which you'd have to watch some before you're considered a proper fan. Nowadays people grab whatever's most popular out of the airing show and start with that. There are two things I don't like about it: 1. They miss out the timeless titles, which makes whatever is the best series they saw their ceiling, usually something that's only good; 2. I don't watch ongoing stuff and feel left out.

 

Any thoughts on that?

This club's activities are no longer active, we stopped around when LTT changed the forums. I and some other forum members like @Charger helped run the weekly anime topics. Now the remaining active members just hang out on discord.


Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Loote said:

some common base? Reading someone's opinion on, say Cowboy Bebop, NGE and GitS for example, be it good or bad, could point me into what their taste is like. I know it won't happen both because a complete list of must-see titles is impossible to create and because not many will care about it anyway. It's just, I feel you can watch ongoing series and you'll have on average 5-6/10 experience, or you could watch things that multiple people have deemed 'classics' and have 7-8/10 experience on average.

 

Yeah i guess, but you could also watch cowboy bebop for the first time and also find it kind of meh, like when we watched it for the thread i didnt love it, it took its self too seriously and felt like it was smelling its own farts, classics of yesteryear arnt for everyone either.

 

Likenit might have done something ground breaking at the time that other series have borrowed from but watching it now might seem derivative. Where sure, you cant see the forrest throught the trees, cowboy bebop DID do it first but by now its been done 10 times over really well. Its shine is lost to the luster of new gems.

 

Maybe you're just not the same generation. They're equally proper fans its just what you consider a modern classic for them is just a classic and your classics are ancient classics. Like when i got into anime there was no way i was goi g back abmnd watching lensman, or big O cause those were freakin old


Why do you always die right after I fix you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×