Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You have now been forgiven for the cancer.

lol. What did you graduate with. what degree/major

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

16 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I'm officially a college graduate.

Congrats, man. I'm only in my second semester/end of the first year at Community college, but I have no idea how much longer I'll need to be here to get certified and get a job

EDIT: the certification's called CompTIA A+

28 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

Also, anyone watched s6 ep 9 of walking dead? I know it came out the 14th but I just got to watching it today and it was awesome and intense!

I still have not watched season 1 episode 1 of walking dead so I think im a little behind lol

3 hours ago, Charger said:

Also fucking cs go is broken for amd users it seems. I just crash to desktop every time I try to play and it seems to be what is happening to a lot of amd users.

Valve probably botched up the implementation of vulkan. But its mostly amd's fault for not releasing drivers for it yet.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

23 minutes ago, Opask said:

Valve probably botched up the implementation of vulkan. But its mostly amd's fault for not releasing drivers for it yet.

well there was kind of an update that let me play for like 30 minutes before crashing so that is better then the 20 seconds I was getting lol

5 hours ago, Kenji6 said:

Good afternoon friends. I was about to vote in the pole Fred posted but I figured I should ask what it is before contributing.

Looks like it's already been elaborated to you. 

1 hour ago, TopWargamer said:

Plex server is going well, yay.

9bac078310.png

+85GB in movies and 80GB in TV shows

My folders....

c270fbe9df17801b3b65306773d50ffd.png

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Golden, hahaha. 

YGibU9P.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

OMG fuck erased i can't handle these damn cliffhangers.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

33 minutes ago, KRImSIN said:

OMG fuck erased i can't handle these damn cliffhangers.

I want to watch it, but all I hear is cliffhangers, so I think I'll wait until episode 12 is released to start watching :P

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Dude Noblesse is so good!

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Shit gets real fucking serious in Amane's route of Fruit of grisaia. Like holy shit that is insane.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

46 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You know you're not awake enough when you read that as "America's route of Fruit of grizzly."  I was going to agree with how insane that sounds.

that is interesting, you are interesting.

dont take offence to this but im gonna run away fast.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Anyone got any opinions on Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi? I've read the manga (technically still not finished since the manga is still ongoing) but I haven't watched it yet because I somewhat hate A-1 Pictures for being something like an Activision or an EA in terms of releasing lots of shows while being so inconsistent with having good shows out of the material they use (even if the material/manga/light novel/etc... they use may have been garbage to begin with).

15 hours ago, Charger said:

I still have not watched season 1 episode 1 of walking dead so I think im a little behind lol

Some of the eps can be quite boring and nothing happens in em but the good ones are reeeally good and intense!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

2 hours ago, WynLore said:

Anyone got any opinions on Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi? I've read the manga (technically still not finished since the manga is still ongoing) but I haven't watched it yet because I somewhat hate A-1 Pictures for being something like an Activision or an EA in terms of releasing lots of shows while being so inconsistent with having good shows out of the material they use (even if the material/manga/light novel/etc... they use may have been garbage to begin with).

Just a few posts above yours, people were discussing how much they like it, but can't stand the cliffhangers :)

I've only watched a few episodes so far, but basically it's been well-directed enough to make it a pretty good suspense thriller. Not something to think too hard about, but rather to go along for the ride. It's definitely better than the bulk of stuff A-1 has been putting out the last few years, for what that's worth.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Just a few posts above yours, people were discussing how much they like it, but can't stand the cliffhangers :)

I've only watched a few episodes so far, but basically it's been well-directed enough to make it a pretty good suspense thriller. Not something to think too hard about, but rather to go along for the ride.

I did not notice that... my bad. Welp, I guess I'm gonna watch it. I hope A-1 Pictures didn't screw it up, and I hope the director they took is pretty good (considering that I'm sure A-1 pictures can afford it, and then some).

Just now, WynLore said:

I did not notice that... my bad. Welp, I guess I'm gonna watch it. I hope A-1 Pictures didn't screw it up, and I hope the director they took is pretty good (considering that I'm sure A-1 pictures can afford it, and then some).

The director has been doing a good job regardless of what people expected, to the extent that I've heard that some episodes suffer because he's not directing them. The problems with the show are of the "emotional manipulation" kind. It's one of the better modern anime like it (so far), but if you're too demanding then you'll struggle to enjoy it.

OT:

oui, @Charger what do you think would be the best material for building a model and shaping it to be aerodynamic

I'll have to go to home depot to find some supplies.

You might say would but it's probably not a good choice. It's a pretty eccentric shape (aerodynamic car model)

I'd 3d print it if I knew how to operate those things, or do you guys know a decently easy to use 3d open source printable modeling program?

basically needs to be a car (imagine the size of a small RC car, or similar in size to say a standard beverage plastic bottle)

It also needs a cabin in the center to hold a specified weight

I was thinking of making a foam model and using a fiberglass and sand smooth for rigidity, but I don't think fiberglass will stick to foam after the model dries?

Could use a sheet of composite or fiber board and cut it to shape by cross-section then epoxy/loctite the layers together then sand to shape?

thought of maybe using thick plexiglass too but that seems like it might be hard to bind and sand

all I've got laying around is a vice, "normal" tools, a sawzall, and a rotary.

ideas?

Error: 410

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

The director has been doing a good job regardless of what people expected, to the extent that I've heard that some episodes suffer because he's not directing them. The problems with the show are of the "emotional manipulation" kind. It's one of the better modern anime like it (so far), but if you're too demanding then you'll struggle to enjoy it.

I'm sort of conflicted if I should ever expect something decent from A-1, let alone expect anything good with Erased in their hands. I've somewhat lost a fair lot of trust with A-1 since Sword Art Online, Aldnoah Zero (this series made me think on who's really to blame for how scary underwhelming it became, Gen the Butcher, the writer of Boku no Pico, or A-1) and Asterisk War (thank goodness they did well with Magi [both of them], Fairy Tail, and Your Lie in April]. its like when A-1 does have a novel animated, its like rolling the dice with them all of the sudden. Either they pick a good or bad series to animate and the end result is a clusterfuck, decent, or great. its like they lack quality control. Not saying that other studios are better or worse, have had no sins or have sinned more, but sometimes... I think A-1 needs to slow the fuck down.

7 minutes ago, helping said:

OT:

oui, @Charger what do you think would be the best material for building a model and shaping it to be aerodynamic

I'll have to go to home depot to find some supplies.

You might say would but it's probably not a good choice. It's a pretty eccentric shape (aerodynamic car model)

I'd 3d print it if I knew how to operate those things, or do you guys know a decently easy to use 3d open source printable modeling program?

basically needs to be a car (imagine the size of a small RC car, or similar in size to say a standard beverage plastic bottle)

It also needs a cabin in the center to hold a specified weight

I was thinking of making a foam model and using a fiberglass and sand smooth for rigidity, but I don't think fiberglass will stick to foam after the model dries?

Could use a sheet of composite or fiber board and cut it to shape by cross-section then epoxy/loctite the layers together then sand to shape?

thought of maybe using thick plexiglass too but that seems like it might be hard to bind and sand

all I've got laying around is a vice, "normal" tools, a sawzall, and a rotary.

ideas?

well depending on the type of foam normally fiberglass resin will dissolve it unless you seal the foam so the resin doesn't touch it. A cheap option would maybe be something like  durham’s rock hard water putty or plaster of paris rather than fiberglass.

33 minutes ago, WynLore said:

I'm sort of conflicted if I should ever expect something decent from A-1, let alone expect anything good with Erased in their hands. I've somewhat lost a fair lot of trust with A-1 since Sword Art Online, Aldnoah Zero (this series made me think on who's really to blame for how scary underwhelming it became, Gen the Butcher, the writer of Boku no Pico, or A-1) and Asterisk War (thank goodness they did well with Magi [both of them], Fairy Tail, and Your Lie in April]. its like when A-1 does have a novel animated, its like rolling the dice with them all of the sudden. Either they pick a good or bad series to animate and the end result is a clusterfuck, decent, or great. its like they lack quality control. Not saying that other studios are better or worse, have had no sins or have sinned more, but sometimes... I think A-1 needs to slow the fuck down.

Whether an anime they make is any good depends on the team they farm it out to, but yeah: they need to apply some quality-over-quantity tactics pretty badly. They almost never make anything good anymore, just slop for a mainsteam crowd that doesn't care how bad an anime is as long as it looks okay. Even the stuff that people really like is actually only passable if you really think about it a bit, but people's standards have hit nearly rock bottom over the last couple of years so they're willing to laud almost anything.

48 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Whether an anime they make is any good depends on the team they farm it out to, but yeah: they need to apply some quality-over-quantity tactics pretty badly. They almost never make anything good anymore, just slop for a mainsteam crowd that doesn't care how bad an anime is as long as it looks okay. Even the stuff that people really like is actually only passable if you really think about it a bit, but people's standards have hit nearly rock bottom over the last couple of years so they're willing to laud almost anything.

Well, I guess the community may be to blame. But oh well... I mean, honestly, One Punch Man was actually really good (obviously not an A-1 product), I find Death Parade underrated, and Ranpo Kitan was actually pretty good. I don't know how a studio's size can affect quality, as well as the load they (have to) take, but I don't think a decent quality check on their shows, prior to release, would hurt.