Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 hour ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Its coming together nicely. Need to drop the tv a few inches but thats easy and line the monitors up. So glad i didnt get 27 inch monitors. They would not have fit. Last monitor will take a week to arrive.

Nice, shame it looks like there isn't enough room for some speaker upgrades.

Unless those are just temporary. 

16 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

If you miss having a constant stream of pointless BS, just join the Discord channel :)

i already did, but sometimes it's hard to follow a conversation there :)

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Im just trying to keep the thread here alive.

Also heres the finished product

@Jacona Those speakers are actually better than you think. thats only 2 or them. theres a sub under the desk as well as 2 more speakers behind where i sit.

Ive done all i can until i get the last monitor. theres 2 more cables i need to hid from the right monitor but im not worried about them until the last monitor get here.

Spoiler

20160217_182318.thumb.jpg.70a71c96ffa66c

Everything behind the camera is a complete mess. idk why this one is so dark, i think the white on the monitor screwed with it

20160217_182345.thumb.jpg.2399bb5afa34be

Those are the last 2 wires i was talking about

20160217_182356.thumb.jpg.3a1ab34d871b83

Sub and other wire management

20160217_182414.thumb.jpg.7ecf14a7506257

Hid the tv cables, those 2 loop things are the release for the tv mount. will tape them to the back of the tv.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Guess I'll pitch in to keep this thread alive AND on-topic ;)

Bubuki Buranki (4). bad.
Ugh, what a pity. This anime wastes so much creativity. This could honestly have been something special, but the writing is just godawful. Everything is still stuck in first gear. Characters are one-note as it gets, with the shallowest of motivations. They haven't changed at all since episode 1; gun guy is still just a generically evil maniac, angry girl is still just generically angry, and the others are barely characters at all. The impenetrable plot has barely advanced, and yet with every step it just gets dumber. Worst of all, things just happen at random to contrive plot developments. Need a one on one fight? Well, give the villain a convenient trinket that forces reality to bend in that way. Why would he even bother doing so? Who cares! Need to get your characters to a floating island? Have the MC conveniently find a train to take them there. I know I criticize anime harshly for their bad writing, but this was Awesome Comics level garbage. With some decent writing, BBK could have been another Gurren Lagann, or at least another Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but instead it's closer to Mars of Destruction sans the "so bad it's good" aspect. I'm not wasting any more time on this junk.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (4). decent.
This ep was a pretty slow burn, in both the good and bad ways. It's fine to display your characters' aimless "college phase", but you want to spice things up a bit more than this. Thankfully at least that lameness reinforced the point of the episode, which is that people appreciate the storyteller, not the story itself. Alas, the actual rakugo performance here didn't really sell me on how funny it was, which is a shame because the anime's been doing quite well in that regard. Still, at least it was a good bit of subtle character work... it's just a shame that they didn't put on more of a show for people who aren't in the mood to watch this episode for subtlety.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (5). good.
After a couple of episodes of Yakumo moping around, we finally get to see him learn what it means to perform a show for others. And for once in anime, this kind of thing is handled with tact and grace, though I'm sure some people will feel uncomfortable with how openly they show him coming to terms with his stage fright and how they portray the almost brotherly body language between him and Sukeruko. Thankfully though, they focus on his own realization that he's simply been obsessing with being a mainstream Rakugo artist, rather than the type he's actually cut out for. This isn't about him grappling with who he is, it's simply about him "finding his pipe" (to put it in in-joke terms). Had they gone just a bit too far, it might have undermined the whole point of the show thus far.

Renai Kaidain Sayako-san manga (v1-2). good.
Mix a quirky romcom with the standard manga "I see dead people" premise, give it a fun artstyle, and you've got an idea of what to expect here (something like xxxHolic without the central theme, or Monogatari without the pretentiousness or creepy fanservice). It's doing its job well, though it took a while for me to see what it was going for. It's not particularly complex and the genuine laughs are few, but I don't pick too much fault with any comedy where the characters actually grow on me. My only concern is that I'm not sure where it can go except full-out harem territory (and there are some hints of that already). That said, at least it seems like it would be on the decent side of harem series.

Boku no Hero Academia (v1-4). good.
A good example of a stereotypical and formulaic shounen manga done well. At its core it's just another "combat highschool" manga so far, but with the trappings of a more Western comic book setting (in a self-aware manner). Thankfully the focus is on the colorful cast of characters, and as of four volumes they're getting fleshed out quite well. They have strong personalities that suit the setting and tone, and the whole thing has a Medaka Box vibe to it, except that it feels like it's trying to entertain rather than impress. The art style is pretty nice and flashy, and it's shown a willingness to explore themes a little, even if it's mostly been content to go through the motions you'd expect in a story like this. In other words it has the fundamentals down, but hasn't done anything particularly memorable with them yet. Whether it escapes the Shounen Jump gravity well remains to be seen, but I don't think it can just yet. On a side note, I can't help but wonder if Trigger was the better studio to tackle the anime rather than Bones.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (c7). good.
This chapter had an important moment that was nice to see, as it contrasts well with how this kind of manga would more typically be done. It gives me hope that we'll get a more serious and subdued story, once they actually start to capitalize on the themes and topics that should go with this sort of story. However, this chapter was also a bit disjoint and devoid of much else aside from the big moment, so its potential impact was dulled. As such it didn't wow me, so much as just make me breathe a sigh of relief for the manga's prospects.

Oh god please don't be this shit again

iHbEEID.jpg

YEP

Gnw9BUj.jpg?1

le xFQ8LHO.png omg lo SCIENCE so SMART SUCH NERD wow SO COOL WOW i know what that is am 2 smurt very good

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

HFEJ7_Sq.gif

also if a mod happens to read this, fuck whoever thought these utter bitchmade " xD " icons were a good idea to make default

i had to fucking snip that out of Word because I don't want these stupid facist stickers all over my post

who the hell was on the QC team that approved this cunting failboat of a forum downgrade

Error: 410

Nice.

I think HxH will win, but i doubt people will watch the whole thing in order to discuss it D:. Maybe i'm wrong though.

Also, adding to the complaint bout the new forum theme... WHY REMOVE THE LIKE BUTTON? Now i have so many options, and sometimes they don't represent what i want. For example, i would've liked fred's post because the poll is up, but now i don't think that post is ethier Informative, funny, friendly, he's not making any points and i can't just agree with the poll being up cuz makes no sense.

Now i realise what the Like button truly was....

R.I.P Like button....

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

15 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Im just trying to keep the thread here alive.

Also heres the finished product

@Jacona Those speakers are actually better than you think. thats only 2 or them. theres a sub under the desk as well as 2 more speakers behind where i sit.

Ive done all i can until i get the last monitor. theres 2 more cables i need to hid from the right monitor but im not worried about them until the last monitor get here.

Hide contents

20160217_182318.thumb.jpg.70a71c96ffa66c

Everything behind the camera is a complete mess. idk why this one is so dark, i think the white on the monitor screwed with it

20160217_182345.thumb.jpg.2399bb5afa34be

Those are the last 2 wires i was talking about

20160217_182356.thumb.jpg.3a1ab34d871b83

Sub and other wire management

20160217_182414.thumb.jpg.7ecf14a7506257

Hid the tv cables, those 2 loop things are the release for the tv mount. will tape them to the back of the tv.

Goddamn that is a gorgeously tidy setup. Also +1 for Esdeath :P

17 minutes ago, OhNoesItsDobby said:

Goddamn that is a gorgeously tidy setup. Also +1 for Esdeath :P

Thanks man you should have seen it when i just had 1 monitor lol. cables were literately everywhere so i figured it would only get worse adding 3 more monitors to it. So i bit the bullet and bought like $60 in cable hiders from lowes. them things are hella expensive for what they do but least i can say that i dont see any cables dangling around anymore. Spend 4k(not all at 1 time, maybe 4 months) on a setup, i guess i should make it presentable.

Will finally do a build thread after i get the last monitor since ill be finished. only took 4 months. Didn't want to post a half finished thread

As far as esdeath, im currently working on a new background though idk how long it will take this was my old wallpaper for my single monitor

New resolution when last monitor arrives is 7680x1440 with a 1080 center-top monitor. have to custom make one because you cant find anything

Still waiting on amazon to ship my last fucking monitor. Been on preparing for shipment for 2 days.... stupid ass newegg would only let me buy 2 and sold out before the 48 hour window so i couldn't rebuy the third

Which reminds me, can a seller cancel an order? I ask because i payed $325 but now his page is showing $390 can he cancel my order or charge me more?

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

2 hours ago, eelnico09 said:

i would've liked fred's post because the poll is up, but now i don't think that post is ethier Informative, funny, friendly, he's not making any points and i can't just agree with the poll being up cuz makes no sense.

I haven't run into a case yet where the options aren't able to convey why I liked them. Fred's post is quite obviously "informative". At least this way you know why people liked your post.

I guess that makes sense, i don't know why i didn't think of that lol.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I haven't run into a case yet where the options aren't able to convey why I liked them. Fred's post is quite obviously "informative". At least this way you know why people liked your post.

I think I'm mainly just using agree and disregarding all other options unless there isn't even a statement in which case I think i just do friendly lol

15 minutes ago, Charger said:

I think I'm mainly just using agree and disregarding all other options unless there isn't even a statement in which case I think i just do friendly lol

I suspect that some people would appreciate an "acknowledged/I have read this" option :)

4 hours ago, eelnico09 said:

Nice.

I think HxH will win, but i doubt people will watch the whole thing in order to discuss it D:. Maybe i'm wrong though.

Also, adding to the complaint bout the new forum theme... WHY REMOVE THE LIKE BUTTON? Now i have so many options, and sometimes they don't represent what i want. For example, i would've liked fred's post because the poll is up, but now i don't think that post is ethier Informative, funny, friendly, he's not making any points and i can't just agree with the poll being up cuz makes no sense.

Now i realise what the Like button truly was....

R.I.P Like button....

that awkward moment when you like the content of a post but with all these new rating features we lack the option to express this

also W10 added some nice touch features between touch screen and touchpad

three finger swipe up show task view and swipe back in the opposite direction is quicker than even alt tabbing used to be.

three fingers down swipe to switch to desktop, swipe again to go back to what you were looking at. Dank gestures.

Error: 410

19 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I suspect that some people would appreciate an "acknowledged/I have read this" option :)

Yeah. The new options are great and more granular, but the best option really would have just to leave likes as an option. It's a nice broad nonspecific acknowledgement of a post that don't necessarily qualify for the other options.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

31 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I can't think of a way to correctly like fred image whoring now. There is rearly any content in the posts so you can't really agree, find a good point, or view it as informative.  They tend to rearly be funny and I feel like he post touhou to troll me so not friendly. Is it to much to ask for a way to just "like" something lol

Just now, Charger said:

I can't think of a way to correctly like fred image whoring now. There is rearly any content in the posts so you can't really agree, find a good point, or view it as informative.  They tend to rearly be funny and I feel like he post touhou to troll me so not friendly. Is it to much to ask for a way to just "like" something lol

For now, I guess I'd just rate his troll posts as funny, and the others as friendly. I generally don't bother "liking" as much as others do around here, though. To me a "like" is a special case. In fact the new system is making it easier for me to not comment as much, when they sum up my thoughts succinctly.

@Charger i have a keyboard question. my d key is making a noice when i release it. sounds almost like a hum from the spring, is there a way to fix this?

This is a vid of it, may havr to turn volume up

20160218_133327.webm

7 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

@Charger i have a keyboard question. my d key is making a noice when i release it. sounds almost like a hum from the spring, is there a way to fix this?

This is a vid of it, may havr to turn volume up

20160218_133327.webm

its a common problem that happens with cherry switches and probably clones. It isn't really viewed as a problem by keyboard manufactures and not really something I can tell you how to fix. https://deskthority.net/wiki/Ping Maybe @TheProfosist knows a way other then replacing the switch...

Good afternoon friends. I was about to vote in the pole Fred posted but I figured I should ask what it is before contributing.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

We pick what anime based off suggestions from the suggestion thread for the anime club to watch.  Then we try, if we have the time, to give personal reviews of the anime.

Ah, cool. Looks like the pole will be all done in time for the weekend. Plenty of time to renew my CrunchyRoll premium for this month.

Free is nice, but also the $7 for the month to get rid of the ads and support the website is also fine by me, too. 

Plus if it's not 1080p or higher its not worth it. I hate anime streaming at less-than-HD quality, the effort the artist made to make the frames is all completely wasted when streamed at like 480.

goddamn Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Now I have to wait another week to see what happens!

Also, anyone watched s6 ep 9 of walking dead? I know it came out the 14th but I just got to watching it today and it was awesome and intense!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I'm officially a college graduate.

nice congrats