Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Understandable, i hang around the audio and the game section mostly when im here. (That and rage on rererere-posts about gpu's or whatnot)

No need @MyInnerFred, i actually never expect to be mentioned anywhere :P (incognito 24/7) :)

Welp those are two places i never venture. ^_^

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't you edit the poll link into the first page of this thread like in the FAQ "Where is this weeks poll?:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/143553-heaven-society-week-2-poll-anime-club/ and then just swap it out week after week or integrate it with the opening post and again swap it out when it isn't needed.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

updated with new anime week 2, link to thread in first post and here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/143948-heaven-society-week-2-log-horizon/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updated with new anime week 2, link to thread in first post and here.

so I guess I have to start watching this one again. This may be a two week-er though since its a proper season.

so I guess I have to start watching this one again. This may be a two week-er though since its a proper season.

7 hours ;)

7 hours ;)

Its like 25 eps so even at 22.5 min minimum thats 9 hrs plus an ep.

Its like 25 eps so even at 22.5 min minimum thats 9 hrs plus an ep.

i don't watch intros and outros so it's about 19 minutes x 25. Close enough for a sitting for me.

i don't watch intros and outros so it's about 19 minutes x 25. Close enough for a sitting for me.

damn umm I mean ive done it but like I dont prefer to. I seem to usually watch 4-6 eps in a sitting depening wht else I have going on and when I started. I have been quite know to watch a 12ep series on one sitting while only intending to watch a bit but after about 12-13 eps idk especially since there us usually at least one lull in the story as some point with that many which is usually when I stop.

also i think that 19 min is a bit short even if you cut out OP and ED

damn umm I mean ive done it but like I dont prefer to. I seem to usually watch 4-6 eps in a sitting depening wht else I have going on and when I started. I have been quite know to watch a 12ep series on one sitting while only intending to watch a bit but after about 12-13 eps idk especially since there us usually at least one lull in the story as some point with that many which is usually when I stop.

also i think that 19 min is a bit short even if you cut out OP and ED

I marathon most of the shows I watch, 25 episodes in one sitting was what I use to do when I was a "NEET"... 

Don't have all that much time now-a-days with real life stuff and work, but when I get everything out of the way I still manage to find the time to marathon a 25 episode season in one sitting and at the most* two sittings. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

oh man I re-marathoned madoka all the way through the third movie and I'm going to have to rewatch that since it drove my mind to straight pudding and there were a lot of things I didn't understand/inconsistencies/things I missed in the third.

the contrast and symbolism they pulled off in the third is absolutely amazing though.  

Error: 410

-snip-

I have yet to watch any of madoka. From what I hear its pretty dark and a very intense series, totally not your usually magical girls show or something. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have yet to watch any of madoka. From what I hear its pretty dark and a very intense series, totally not your usually magical girls show or something. 

They used whole 'magical girl' thing ironically almost as a facade, running it into the ground and practically tearing the concept apart. 

This is a perfect example of how OTT they go

scenes like this make the ending and action that much more profound. They went as far as to do an entire, like, two minute costume transformation scene, which you see often in anime with some kind of transformation (i.e. sailor moon?) It's intentionally beyond over the top, like, they way overdid it and then "yolo let's add more sprinkles to cover up that tar"

It's something you have to watch twice to get everything, the dialogue is very carefully phrased with a lot of subtle hints and foreshadowing. I really liked the attention to detail they did in the final move like the German chants making logical references and the exclusion of "vici" which hints that some shit's not right. They also pulled off 4th walling pretty tastefully, kind of like 4th walling but still relevant to the film.  

x9g0rIP.png

I had a solid response for this, but chrome decided to kill itself when I scrolled up (multiple processes to avoid crashes my ass) deleting my response and restarting 50 youtube videos so bear with my shitty contempt filled reply. Would definitely recommend you go for it. Without spoiling anything, I can tell you it goes full circle and the contrast in it is like looking into the sun and then opening your eyes in a hole on the ground. 

Got linked here through Fred's sig.

Hi :D

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

-snip-

I'll give the series a watch after I finish these manga cleans/redraws. Do you have a preferred sub group for the series? 

@ the google chrome crash, I know what you mean... always have at least 150+ tabs open myself... the amount of music that starts playing is ridic, thank god they added that audio icon for tabs that are playing music... 

Got linked here through Fred's sig.

Hi :D

Welcome to the Anime Club thread, I'm open to answering any questions you have about the club.

8YQ7bEE.jpg

Do you have a preferred sub group for the series? 

Not really, as long as the grammar is ok and the localizations aren't absurdly done to the point where you can recognize they're not saying what is subtitled, which I can only remember one group did, and another kept removing honorifics so it ended up dropping the suffixes and giving first name in place of last name.

hearing and seeing different names is infuriating

Not really, as long as the grammar is ok and the localizations aren't absurdly done to the point where you can recognize they're not saying what is subtitled, which I can only remember one group did, and another kept removing honorifics so it ended up dropping the suffixes and giving first name in place of last name.

I see... I'll do some searching later then. Thanks for the recommendation. 

I see... I'll do some searching later then. Thanks for the recommendation.

just a heads up, skip the entire 1-12 ep series and just watch the three movies instead. Movies 1&2 are recaps of 1-12 with a few added things and prettied up IIRC

Ehh? So just don't watch ep 1 - 12 at all?

nope, no reason to. The 1st and 2nd movies cover all of it.

just a heads up, skip the entire 1-12 ep series and just watch the three movies instead. Movies 1&2 are recaps of 1-12 with a few added things and prettied up IIRC

Ehh? So just don't watch ep 1 - 12 at all? 

So what Anime are we talking about?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So what Anime are we talking about?

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica

That's the one me and helping were talking about. 

The anime the club is watching this week is Log Horizon.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica

That's the one me and helping were talking about. 

The anime the club is watching this week is Log Horizon.

That's conveniently on my list!

I've already seen:

-Sword Art Online

-Full Metal Alchemist

-Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood

-Attack On Titan

SAO was my favorite:)

I've already seen:

-Sword Art Online

-Full Metal Alchemist

-Attack On Titan

I can tell haha. 

I could debate this subject for sometime actually.

I've already seen:

-Sword Art Online

-Full Metal Alchemist

-Attack On Titan

SAO was your favorite of all of those even with all the filler and nearly unneeded second season?