Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

join the anime club they said. it will be fun they said. 

In HS me and a group of friends usually had lunch under a tree in the court yard, the anime club usually hung out 15-20 feet away from us. My capacity for comprehension was never even pushed as hard as it was for the SAT. There was usually a moment of silence and stare at least once a day.

Looking back on that, this group in particular would have made for an excellent case study. 

(I was friends with one of them, they never watched/talked about anything good anyway)

Error: 410

I don't see how snickers would corrupt everyone to put on tails... =/

he wouldnt, hes nicer than that. Any who, Ill probably hang around this thread though.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

In HS me and a group of friends usually had lunch under a tree in the court yard, the anime club usually hung out 15-20 feet away from us. My capacity for comprehension was never even pushed as hard as it was for the SAT. There was usually a moment of silence and stare at least once a day.

Looking back on that, this group in particular would have made for an excellent case study. 

(I was friends with one of them, they never watched/talked about anything good anyway)

Feel free to be part of this potentially "excellent case study" we'd love your company!

he wouldnt, hes nicer than that. Any who, Ill probably hang around this thread though.

Sounds good, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with everyone!~

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Feel free to be part of this potentially "excellent case study" we'd love your company!

Sounds good, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with everyone!~

I'd participate but probably without the formalities since I don't really condone orders and consolidation where not necessary 

I can understand the purpose, but once we have a media/arts subforum that's more than enough organization for me

Error: 410

I'd participate but probably without the formalities since I don't really condone orders and consolidation where not necessary 

I can understand the purpose, but once we have a media/arts subforum that's more than enough organization for me

Understandable~ 

Rules in the club may be subjected to change at any time. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

tumblr_inline_mtz2k0tVUs1qg6fb5.gif

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

The only "formality" there is, is keeping in line with CoC of the forums. Which certain key points are emphasized on for the Club, as per staying on topic of the main anime of the week in the listed thread for said anime. That's about all. Come sit under the tree with me <3 You'll never be more free then what we can be <3

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would I want to be a part of a little club where they tell me what to watch? Oh lawdy no, but thank you though.

We don't "Tell" you watch to watch. We simply pick an anime each week to view and discuss, you're free to discuss anime in general in our Heaven Society thread, or to go to the anime specific thread of the week. It's for people who enjoy a common interest to come together and give different view points on the same thing, and hopefully introduce anime to new people. :) just spreading the love mate.

I do respect you on the forums for all the work you put into posting articles and thought in your posts. I'd love to have you participate in the club, I'd like to hear what you have to say about different aspects of different anime.

If you don't like it, or don't want to, then you don't have to. It's just something completely for fun :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked it, except for the ending, felt really forced.

Major parts were indeed forced not even subtlety

I actually just got to ep 4 and Luclocke has already finished the series. We decided to pick this as the first series to start off the club.

I just thought that anime to be a surprising start because of the genre that it is.

@Luclocke

LOL, funny you should mention me, I've been spending all day renaming all my anime so it can be recognized in XBMC :P

Dude that is the one thing that the scene has right that the fansub/anime encoding community doesnt, a standardized naming scheme

Dude that is the one thing that the scene has right that the fansub/anime encoding community doesnt, a standardized naming scheme

Yeah I know aye, but I found an awesome tool in adobe bridge cs6 (i think it installed when I installed photoshop or after effects)

You can batch rename a whole bunch of files at once and it makes it 1000 times faster than renaming each file.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I just thought that anime to be a surprising start because of the genre that it is.

Ah I see, what genre did you expect to see as the first selection? Shounen anime? A more well known popular series? 

Why would I want to be a part of a little club where they tell me what to watch? Oh lawdy no, but thank you though.

i dont see it as that i see it as a place to discuss said, hopefully good, anime

Yeah I know aye, but I found an awesome tool in adobe bridge cs6 (i think it installed when I installed photoshop or after effects)

You can batch rename a whole bunch of files at once and it makes it 1000 times faster than renaming each file.

you could you know, just just a bat file? :P

Ah I see, what genre did you expect to see as the first selection? Shounen anime? A more well known popular series?

I wouldnt been surprised with a shounen but more something with wider demographic I guess, drama was just a bit unexpected.

I wouldnt been surprised with a shounen but more something with wider demographic I guess, drama was just a bit unexpected.

Maybe we'll have something of a different pacing selected for this weeks series. Stick around and take a look at the voting results :D 

Feel free to participate in the selection and voting process if your interested~

Maybe we'll have something of a different pacing selected for this weeks series. Stick around and take a look at the voting results :D 

Feel free to participate in the selection and voting process if your interested~

where can I vote?

P.S. Im a sap for a bit of drama. Some of the best anime in my opinion are drama, and slice of life/romance.

P.P.S There not anything above this right? =:|

where can I vote?

P.S. Im a sap for a bit of drama. Some of the best anime in my opinion are drama, and slice of life/romance.

P.P.S There not anything above this right? =:|

Apologies I was asleep. 

"How do we choose that anime? Each week we pick an anime, during the course of the week, you may submit a message to "LucLocke" with the title of the anime you wish to see, once the week is almost through, a poll will be created with 5 of the animes that were inboxed. The poll will include a short synopsis of each anime as well as pictures."

Just message Luclocke.

This will be perfect for me since I always run out of things to watch and hopes of discovering new TV shows to watch

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

This will be perfect for me since iIalways run out of things to watch and hopes of discovering new TV shows to watch

The more the merrier! Message @Luclocke to join and pm him with what you want to watch this week for voting purposes~ 

So have we started a poll for next week's series?

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

So have we started a poll for next week's series?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/143553-heaven-society-week-2-poll-anime-club/

Poll listed here ^_^