Thinking of learning programming

Hey, i am 13 and i want to start to learn programming, but i do not know what to start with, i do not have anything i want to do specifically now. Also, please tell me how do i get on learning it and what i should do to get better. TIA!!

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

The way I started was HTML rly rly simple and it sorta gives u a feel (it is the language websites are mainly wirtten in) that being said if your looking for programming and not web dev then i would say visual basics :) probably the most readable language out there and its very good for its interface capablities

Thanks for the speedy reply! I think i will try visual basic!

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I highly recommend Python. It is a much simpler language, it is almost English. Learning Python will allow you to easily grasp the core concepts of programming and computer science. From there you can learn most other languages with more ease. Python is also very versatile and robust. It is a great language. Here are a few resources you may find helpful:

Learn Python the hard way: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

MIT Opencourseware lectures: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/

PyGame: http://www.pygame.org/news.html

Python.org: http://www.python.org/

Learn python the hard way is a great PDF that teaches people how to learn Python

MIT Opencourseware is online lectures from MIT, in Computer Science

PyGame is how to program games in Python

Python.org is the official Python site, with documents and tutorials.

Just my opinion.

Rob

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

Python then move up to Java.

or download UDK and learn unreal script

Character artist in the Games industry.

I can +1 for Python. However, if you wish to go for something that has a bit more of

a C-like syntax, I could also recommend C itself (look if you can find this book

somewhere) or C++. Be aware that both these languages are extremely powerful, and even

though you can do some amazing stuff with them, they take a long time to master (especially

C++, C itself is not really that complex, but you can do very complicated things with it).

Alternatively, you might also want to take a look at PHP (if you're interested in web dev).

It's quite simple to learn, and there's tons of good tutorials out there (tutorial

which I started with). Then there's Perl, which is widespread in both web development

and general IT work, but is not that easy to pick up imho (I'm still learning it :lol: ).

Also, Ruby is very popular for web development these days, though I've never tried it

myself.

As mentioned, I can definitely recommend Python. I'm merely making these suggestions in

case you're also interested in other things. C and C++ are immensely important and

will stay so for quite a while longer, but especially C++ is very time-consuming to learn

properly.

On a side note: If you're interested in something more esoteric, you might want to

take a look at something like Haskell. That will properly scramble your brains. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I have nvr used python but Visual Basics is also almost english and its interface builder features are rly rly easy to use so if you want to make rly easy interfaces VB is awesome and VB has concepts from the very simple to the very complex its not a baby programming language its just easier to learn then others. No offense to python though lol ive just nvr used it

Python is a good place to start.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x