Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words, the next update will be around 2 weeks away, I know it is a long time but that is how I do build logs. Big updates at a time instead of a couple of photo's every few days :)

I like your style man

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

Well I am lost for words. That is truly unique and epic all in one. Well done

This is DESKTOPCASE!!! hehe looking damn sweet I must say

think this is gona be one of those Buildu wont forgett.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Looking good man keep us posted ! :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I'm really starting to love these furniture builds. it shows real dedication to your project.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

looks great, awesome 'backyard' job.. even the animals lend a hand...

really interested to see this up and running.

thanks for sharing.

I'm really starting to love these furniture builds. it shows real dedication to your project.

After around 7 months doing this project I hope all of the dedication pays off. I will be doing another desk after this one which will be the rev 2.0 and make a desk with the things I will fix out of this one :)

This is absolutely amazing, can hardly wait for the next update!

I am seeking some idea's here For how I should do a keyboard tray of some sort. As this is a VERY active forum I hope some people can contribute ideas!

The plan is; NOT to have the keyboard/mouse on top of the desk. But to make a keyboard tray. I would not like to have it like a traditional desk where you slide it out from under the desk as all this does is cramp up my leg space...

Please contribute anything!

Note to others; There is no shame in asking for advice about something. As sharing opinions is how perfection is made :)

Cheers

Phil

I am seeking some idea's here For how I should do a keyboard tray of some sort. As this is a VERY active forum I hope some people can contribute ideas!

The plan is; NOT to have the keyboard/mouse on top of the desk. But to make a keyboard tray. I would not like to have it like a traditional desk where you slide it out from under the desk as all this does is cramp up my leg space...

Note to others; There is no shame in asking for advice about something. As sharing opinions is how perfection is made :)

Cheers

Phil

First, Awesome build man, I cant wait to see the finish table with all the compounents inside

Second, well how about you make the slide part of the table, it slides but when you put back to the table doesnt look like at all it has something inside, is not like the normal ones that you take out from under the table, but try to make part of the table like if you did a higher stand inside, and put acrilic around(so u can see from outside) or just wood, and put the keyboard and the mouse there, and just roll out from the bottom part of the desk not under, so probably it wont take space from your legs( I know you dont like the idea about slide under the table, try to use the bottom part of the table and maybe it will help, and keep also a nice clean look when not being use)

I hope it helps

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

THIS IS FRICKEN EPIC!!    I'm just speechless on how amazing this looks I mean.. just WOW!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

If i where you, i would mount the reservoirs in a slight angle, so the liquid would go down to the pumps more easily ;)

If i where you, i would mount the reservoirs in a slight angle, so the liquid would go down to the pumps more easily  ;)

Don't worry mate I was going to do that anyway!

It is not that the water would go down to the pumps easier, it is to make it so the Reservoirs are more full and don't have a big air bubble along the top :)

Since Performance PCS is your sponsor did you get all of your order for free or what? And how did you get them as a sponsor?

Since Performance PCS is your sponsor did you get all of your order for free or what? And how did you get them as a sponsor?

I was sponsored the Reservoirs by them, and they sent it to me for free yes :) Though of course I paid for everything else that I got from them.

I asked them if they could. Gave them my previous build logs and they accepted.

huge respect to you my friend. Already my favourite build log, cant wait to see the end result. You remind me of myself, going to such limits for the sake of being a passionate PC builder 

So here is an update for you people hungry for an update

I forgot to put this picture in the last update, but here is what the board and I/O will look like :)

IMG_6266.jpg

The backboard is screwed on, with all of my fittings just waiting there to be used!

IMG_6268.jpg

When I got my screws from town. I didn't get enough.. Now I have the right amount and the Rad is securely in place

IMG_6269.jpg

Today I decided that it was time to start the dredding task of custom lengthing EVERY cable. These were my first crimps ever! didn't do too badly :D

IMG_6447.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

After thinking about where to start, I started with the Corsiar SP120 fans. Measured to length and initial cut!

IMG_6454.jpg

Cannot really show a picture of in progress crimping, But here is the first. I did them one at a time, instead of taking all the old pins out. Just so I knew exactly where the new pins would go. Have put the wires back to front once... The fan spun in the opposite direction... hehe

IMG_6455.jpg

Lovely! All fans followed this procedure. 

IMG_6456.jpg

The pumps were the next thing on the checklist so did them next

IMG_6458.jpg

I am actually modding the pumps so that they run off of the Fan Controller so I can undervolt them because at 12v these are actually quite loud. My old MCP655 / D5 was 10x better!

I had to do a test first to make sure that the fan controller would work with it, just to be safe. Though I was 99% certain it would.

IMG_6461.jpg

Jotted down the wiring so that I knew were to put the pins

IMG_6462.jpg

All soldered on!

IMG_6463.jpg

Pump works well :D

IMG_6465.jpg

Interesting, this MCP 355 uses a different PCB. no worries, nothing will end up different

IMG_6468.jpg

Again, jotted down where the wires went

IMG_6469.jpg

Crimped my wires and now time to test them both in the Fan Controller

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

Great! Though something interesting is that when both at 12V they have a substantially different RPM

IMG_6472.jpg

Of course the wires need to be sleeved. I taped the ends flat so that I knew which pin went where since as all 2 wires have no writing or colouring I don't want to get it wrong!

IMG_6473.jpg

First one sleeved 

IMG_6475.jpg

The wiring looks to be a perfect length too

IMG_6480.jpg

Second pump done

IMG_6481.jpg

Both plugged in

IMG_6482.jpg

The wiring is lovely, lines up perfectly!

IMG_6486.jpg

Tomorrow I will do more electrical stuff and will do another update. Would take too long writing out one super super super big update I think haha

Take care all;

Phil

Awesome! Everything's coming together nicely, gotta wait for tomorrow for your update :)

Absolutely brilliant looking, you don't even know :)

Cheers man, you are the best :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Cheers

Phil

Does it have to be a tray that is stored under the desk itself?

If no, why not just build a stationary tray onto the front of the desk itself?

Note: Beware my paint skillz.

7XRKnlY.png

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Note to people, there is an update on the previous page at the bottom :)

Phil

Does it have to be a tray that is stored under the desk itself?

If no, why not just build a stationary tray onto the front of the desk itself?

Note: Beware my paint skillz.

The tray does not have to be under the desk no :)

hmmm, I would rather not have it stationary as I would still like the freedom of being able to move it or need be..

***** BRRRRRRRB ***** Brain blast, I have an idea! Not sure how I did not think of this before :D (cannot reveal it now currently though)

Thanks man! You made something just go tick in my head

***** BRRRRRRRB ***** Brain blast, I have an idea! Not sure how I did not think of this before :D (cannot reveal it now currently though)

Thanks man! You made something just go tick in my head

Hmmm, The Idea of someone who is enough of a genius to design and build a desk have something go tick inside of their head is almost like saying Albert Einstein came back from the dead :O

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Hmmm, The Idea of someone who is enough of a genius to design and build a desk have something go tick inside of their head is almost like saying Albert Einstein came back from the dead :o

I have had many ideas of how to do it, I mean literally HEAPS. But couldn't think of one I thought would fit me better for preference.

Choosing how to do the keyboard tray for me is the hardest thing about the whole project! And will be the last thing I do to the whole desk I reckon