Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

:o :o :o :o :o :o

the picture and work quality is so great in this one!!!! /bow

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Great stuff, proper sleeving too. Thing that bothers me at this point is the cables being a bit messy - even though that's the exact thing you were talking about. When that's done it's as perfect as can be in my opinion.

Your build is awesome, and so are you.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

you have so much skill man 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Sweeet build, I'm really waiting forward to see this completed!

Great stuff, proper sleeving too. Thing that bothers me at this point is the cables being a bit messy - even though that's the exact thing you were talking about. When that's done it's as perfect as can be in my opinion.

Your build is awesome, and so are you.

Yup, don't worry about that I will be using clips like these here

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31910

Though there is only so much I can make it look "clean" as the pinouts from the 24-pin end to the PSU end are not 1:1 so there might be some crossing over.

It'll be tidy don't you worry!

Yup, don't worry about that I will be using clips like these here

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31910

Though there is only so much I can make it look "clean" as the pinouts from the 24-pin end to the PSU end are not 1:1 so there might be some crossing over.

It'll be tidy don't you worry!

Great stuff, looking forward to it.

This'll get a lot of publicity once it hits the build of the week.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

You're right about the warning..  :mellow: 

Still loading...

Overall, It's amazing, looking forward to the end result since every update is better than before! B)

Welcome to my profile!
There's nothing much to see, but I have provided my birthday.
Hope you'll remember my Birthday xD

Done! 3.5 hours of sleeving results in one 24-pin... lol

IMG_7496.jpg

Only 3,5 hours to do the 24pin. That's not bad.

Sow for me being a noobie it will prob be around 5/6 hours.

Good thing i orderd my paracord a couple of days ago ;)

Absolutely amazing build! The best one I have ever seen there's just nothing like it. Can't wait to see the whole thing finished! 

Also fellow NZ'er here down in Christchurch  :)

The end ! lol, Great work man, Your build is AWESOME. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Absolutely amazing build! The best one I have ever seen there's just nothing like it. Can't wait to see the whole thing finished! 

Also fellow NZ'er here down in Christchurch  :)

I'm surprised at how many NZ people there are on the Forums, just good ol Kiwis playing their part helping others :P

a quick update :)

Have been waiting for a few weeks for my order from PPCS containing my mod/smart clips and also my extra Mayhems Orange Concentrate, as well as some yellow dye (To make the orange a more richer orange)

I started playing around with them with my GPU Cables. They aren't as nice of clips as I thought they would be. They leave the cables quite loose where as I would rather them be tight so it would leave the cables how i'd like them. 

IMG_7618.jpg

I went off to the shed and grabbed a spare trash sheet of 3mm Perspex that I will use for my compression clamp for the cable management. I forgot to take pics, but It is pretty basic. Measure, drill holes. Give edges a sand with 400 grit sandpaper. Simple ;)

It works great, clamps the cables down perfectly!

IMG_7620.jpg

IMG_7629.jpg

I forgot to think about the GPU cables while doing the 24-pin.. hehe.

I just screwed another motherboard stand-off so that allowed me room to put the GPU cables underneath

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7634.jpg

IMG_7635.jpg

Since my SSD's are in an awkward place, this is how I routed my Sata Data cables. Had to tape them on to make things super easy as it's near impossible to try wiggle them into the right place when the board is sitting on the standoffs.

IMG_7636.jpg

IMG_7637.jpg

After being happy with how the cables were it was time to chuck the loop back together

IMG_7638.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

Eugh, yuck. It's a shame that the cables at the PSU end look so bunched up. There isn't a way around it, it's the tidiest I can achieve with how I have laid the desk out. With the next desk I build I will certainly have the cables route under the desk so no bunchyness can be seen. Mind due I don't think the cables look as horrible as they could have been!

IMG_7640.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

Took some clips off of the CPU cable to tidy things up a little

IMG_7646.jpg

Really happy with this end of the cabling!

IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

There is an extra Sata cable, and a USB 2.0 Cable that comes out of the Akasa media box thing (can't remember what they're called... oopsie) that I will not be needing at the moment, though will be adding them in the future so just cleanly hiding them under it for now

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7653.jpg

Right, the last picture for this update. That I will explain in the next update, see you next time ;)

IMG_7654.jpg

@PBaines Nice work on the update mad, but I really love the way you put the 24-pin and the gpu power underneath that custom holder, it looks way better than the black clips, it would look even more epic if you did custom clips everywhere

@PBaines Nice work on the update mad, but I really love the way you put the 24-pin and the gpu power underneath that custom holder, it looks way better than the black clips, it would look even more epic if you did custom clips everywhere

Thought about doing that and I might even do it since it is so simple to make them!

I don't like the black custom clips much either... But they are good to align the cables up for the time being :)

Man this is simply AMAZING! Great Job. And being completely serious here,

what would you charge for a desk like that? and how much would it be to ship to Alaska from where your from?

Again. Simply amazing.

Man this is simply AMAZING! Great Job. And being completely serious here,

what would you charge for a desk like that? and how much would it be to ship to Alaska from where your from?

Again. Simply amazing.

$950 NZD + Flatpack shipping (You'd assemble it yourself) 

But not to sure how much it would be to ship..

Phil

might wanna remove the white stickers on the corsair dominators

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Nice to see a new update. I have to say I think it looks quite alright with the cables from the PSU in sight. You have done such a great job on cable sleeving and now everyone can see it. In a build like this I don't think that all cable should be hidden no matter what.  ;) So once again, it looks amazing!

How are your SSD's attached? Are they just standing there on the stand-offs or are they screwed tight?

we'll meet at Taupo and go hit some golf balls off of the edge to that plontoon thing ;D

It will be in Build of the Week once I finish the build, have all ready discussed it with Wind :)

Just need to get cracking and find some time to get everything done... so much to do!

Isn't that tentamount to "cheating" :D

Nice work with the update, I can't say I like the clips either, the clamp you made looks way better. Looking forward to see moe updates :D.