Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

I've never knew a table took so much effort/planning to build...

You sir just won my respect a hundred times over

And i just became more willing to pay a few hundred for a good table, always wondered why they were so expensive :)

YUS! I remember seeing this a while ago, go NZ! I hope you're enjoying uploading all of those pics.

I really love how clean it looks, I'd love to have wooden inserts for my case. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

YUS! I remember seeing this a while ago, go NZ! I hope you're enjoying uploading all of those pics.

I really love how clean it looks, I'd love to have wooden inserts for my case. 

It took me an hour to edit and add all of the pics to the first post... lol Hope it was worth it!

Good to see a good amount of NZ'ers on here!

Easy enough to do if you had a bit of spare time :)

this is the most awesome build i have ever seen in my life. You sir are a legend!

Awesome build log. Can't wait to see the finished product. You are indeed a legend in my books.

My PC Specs: Corsair HAF XB Case - i5 3570K CPU @ 4.2 GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz (4 x 4GB) RAM - Corsair Enthusiast TX650M 650W PSU - Nvidia GT 520 1GB Video Card (Upgrading Soon) - Samsung 840 250GB SSD (Boot + Some Programs) - Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA3 HDD (Main Storage) - Hitachi 250GB Laptop HDD (Recording Storage, old HDD) - Hitachi 320GB HDD (Random Storage, old HDD) - Asus PB238Q 23" LCD IPS Monitor (Main) - Acer AL2017 20" LCD Monitor (Secondary) - Logitech Z623 Computer Speaker - Blue Snowball Microphone - Logitech K120 Keyboard - Lenovo Mouse

This is lovely I would happily buy this desk if it were mass made. Is it going to have led effects and some uv tubing because I think that would just top it all off man. Super Super job you Sir have talent :)

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have been thinking about building a computer into a desk for a long time but the task has seemed too daunting. This build log makes me want to try now because I see it really is possible. Thanks you so much for posting!

Simply amazing mate, is this your first ever attempt at anything to do with woodwork on this scale? 

I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of this, and really can't wait for the next update.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

This is awesome, can't wait to see it finished :D

CASE: Thermaltake Commander MS-I | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz @ stock cooler | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte P31-ES3G | GPU: Gigabyte Amd Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 | PSU: Blueberry 550W | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB

This is bloody amazing... looking forward to see more :).

-snip-

Great Job !!!

Will look amazing ... ;)

Why did you reply this post instead of making a new comment? -to the guy above

I know your mailbox...

Wow, nice work! I like it all except for the 5.25" bay slots, and I think you should consider staining it darker.

Simply amazing mate, is this your first ever attempt at anything to do with woodwork on this scale? 

I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of this, and really can't wait for the next update.

Yes, on this scale. The last thing I built out of wood was a Headboard for my bed! haha. I have usually always been a metal man and even after all of this I still am. Metal is 10x easier to work with but then Wood always look 10x nicer..

Wow, nice work! I like it all except for the 5.25" bay slots, and I think you should consider staining it darker.

The 5.25" bay slots were there for emergency really, one of them will house a fan controller, and the other my Blu-Ray drive. the drive I will use maybe 2 times a year, but it's easier knowing that it is there if I ever need it.

And the fan controller speaks for itself really!

It is really hard to pick it all up on camera, but the desk is actually quite dark!

Something like this:

Based on the photos it currently looks a little too light in most rooms, but it might work

How about going in for matte carbon fiber finish vinyl for the desktop..?

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

| Case: Cooler Master Sniper Black | CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 | Video: 2x EVGA GTX680 Classified SLI | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Sniper 1866 |

Drives: OWC Electra 60GB SSD, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, 2x WD Black 500GB, WD Black 640GB | Cooling: H100i w/ 2 Noctua NF-F12s push | Sound: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 |

| Power Supply: Corsair TX750 |

Something like this:

Based on the photos it currently looks a little too light in most rooms, but it might work.

That is a bit too dark for my preference, I will try and spend some time getting the colour to come out right on the photos :)

I think what it is now is good. But everyone has their preferences! 

Are u kidding me? This is insane lol...

wow man this is turning out awesome!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

literally drooling here, such a nice build!

Awesome job dude, can't believe how simple you make it look! I have always been wanting a similar desk like the one you're building, but as many others already have said, it seems so daunting to do! Big thumbs up from here! 

wow dude u need to get a patent rights and Copyright will done