Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Wood isn't THAT cheap here. I am using recycled native NZ wood that was from different house renovations :)

Seriously mate it's the best fun you could have!

I agree mate it's so much fun to build something out of wood, built a few things here and there around the house (as well as a humungous outdoors rabbit cage under a tree  :lol:) and you get such a wonderful feeling of achievement, even more than just building a PC...

It's beautiful wood for recycled wood, got a few oak panels lying around the house so I might give it a try next summer and make a big long build log, deliberatly to build the tension :P ...

Anyways can't wait to see it finished, even now it's a great achievement, the desk looks awesome, never been so excited about a desk  :D .

GREAT JOB!

3. Your pictures and videos showcase two res' and two pump's. Why?   :huh:

simple... I will be USING two res's and pump's  :D

Yes but why?  :D  Dual loop, one pump is not enough to run it, for good looks, to take up space?  ;)

Yes but why?  :D  Dual loop, one pump is not enough to run it, for good looks, to take up space?  ;)

looks yes ;) It will be all one loop. Do not need to have dual loop with this.

I have figured a configuration to work best with a single loop and dual pumps and also keeping it tidy. All you have to do is have patience and wait till I get around to setting all the loop up!

Dude this is probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen O.o Can't wait to watch your Youtube vid once I get home.

Oh and I have a suggestion, why don't you head down and upload some more pictures... N A O ! :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Dude this is probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen O.o Can't wait to watch your Youtube vid once I get home.

Oh and I have a suggestion, why don't you head down and upload some more pictures... N A O ! :D

That video is kinda old and will be putting out a new one in the next couple of days :)

Nice stuff man

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

really nice job :)

Forget build of the week. This is going to the be build the year when it is completed.

A shame there isn't a section for that ;)

Well it could be, after you get in the build of the week sticky topic, and at the end of the year Linus and Slick to choose one from there that would be build of the year :).

Edit: Btw, I followed your build on the old vBulletin forum too. It's nice to see more updates.

Also I would like to ask if you will be using stuff like what are in the picture bellow for cable management. Everything would look amazing with these, also you can decide with these what form the wire takes, could look like PCB board :D.

(The ones I found are called Lian-Li Cable Management Kit, but I know there are nicer ones somewhere. If I find them I'll edit this post. Saw the nicer ones in "Singularity Computers" YouTube channel.)

PT-CL01-B.jpg

Edit 2: Finally found them, was lucky that "Singularity Computers" posted the link to them in his Client Build 8: Part 6.

So this is how they look like:

4ebc93fb821fa9.15273340.jpg

And there are with 4 and 6 cables. If you are interested here is a link to them: thekoolroom.com

Edit3: Sorry that I try so hard to contribute :D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Hey dude, I've now spent around 1½ hours looking at all of the pictures from start to now, and I'm just amazed by your determination and skill, kudos to you my friend.

I have one thing that's bugging me, why didn't you use copper nails for the drawers? :-)

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Well it could be, after you get in the build of the week sticky topic, and at the end of the year Linus and Slick to choose one from there that would be build of the year :).

Edit: Btw, I followed your build on the old vBulletin forum too. It's nice to see more updates.

Also I would like to ask if you will be using stuff like what are in the picture bellow for cable management. Everything would look amazing with these, also you can decide with these what form the wire takes, could look like PCB board :D.

(The ones I found are called Lian-Li Cable Management Kit, but I know there are nicer ones somewhere. If I find them I'll edit this post. Saw the nicer ones in "Singularity Computers" YouTube channel.)

Edit 2: Finally found them, was lucky that "Singularity Computers" posted the link to them in his Client Build 8: Part 6.

So this is how they look like:

And there are with 4 and 6 cables. If you are interested here is a link to them: thekoolroom.com

Edit3: Sorry that I try so hard to contribute :D.

Hey man, thanks heaps for contributing these ideas! They actually look fantastic and I will surely look into it!

Hey dude, I've now spent around 1½ hours looking at all of the pictures from start to now, and I'm just amazed by your determination and skill, kudos to you my friend.

I have one thing that's bugging me, why didn't you use copper nails for the drawers? :-)

Wow, a dedicated man! Glad to see you are liking what you see.

Well, none of the nails are seen or anything, and I had a lot of normal steel ones so instead of buying more stuff I just used what I had laying around :)

cant wait to see this thing finished. should be amazing!

Asus Direct CU2 7850 at 1GHz 8Gig G.Skill Ripjaws X memory 1333 AMD 6300 at 4.7GHz(hoping to push 5+ with new cooler) 990FXA UD3 mobo all in a way oversized shinobi XL

absolutely epic man way to represent nz. where did you get most of your water cooling gear? I know Computer lounge has some but none of the stuff you have

absolutely epic man way to represent nz. where did you get most of your water cooling gear? I know Computer lounge has some but none of the stuff you have

Haha thanks! Leading NZ from the front :p

I got ALL my watercooling gear from PerformancePCS. But got all my hardware from Computer Lounge :)

Holy crap! :blink:

That is just awesome! I never expected pictures of wood to get me that excited! :D

C'mon, give him a Mod God forum title already. :D

Holy crap! :blink:

That is just awesome! I never expected pictures of wood to get me that excited! :D

C'mon, give him a Mod God forum title already. :D

Agreed, this will be a historical build once it's completed, I am sure.

It already is in my opinion, and we're not even there yet :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

This is very impressive!

Hope it all works out well for you.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

This just completely blows me away. The attention to detail and the fact that you didn't let your hopes down in case of an incident is well respected. Keep it up!

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

"Though on an off topic note; Sam the brown Labrador in the previous photos of this build has been rushed into surgery at the vets with an expanded stomach. He ate some compressed pallets (food for the horses) that expand to about 10x their normal size. about 15 of these small pallets (about 10mm x 5mm x 3mm) will fill an entire ice cream container. Heard from the vet that they got 10 LITRES of this expanded food out of him this morning. Which is scary thinking that a dog stomach is about the size of your fist. Hope all goes well for him and we see him back at home in a few days   :unsure: 
silly dog! That stuff has been down in the shed for a year.."

I hope all is well and that your dog is recovering. BTW mate, I love your build! It is so inspiring! And the fact that you have the patience to do this is absolutely astonishing! Cheers!

Now, time to decide on Sleeving colours  :wacko:

"Though on an off topic note; Sam the brown Labrador in the previous photos of this build has been rushed into surgery at the vets with an expanded stomach. He ate some compressed pallets (food for the horses) that expand to about 10x their normal size. about 15 of these small pallets (about 10mm x 5mm x 3mm) will fill an entire ice cream container. Heard from the vet that they got 10 LITRES of this expanded food out of him this morning. Which is scary thinking that a dog stomach is about the size of your fist. Hope all goes well for him and we see him back at home in a few days   :unsure: 
silly dog! That stuff has been down in the shed for a year.."

I hope all is well and that your dog is recovering. BTW mate, I love your build! It is so inspiring! And the fact that you have the patience to do this is absolutely astonishing! Cheers!

Sam came out of surgery fine, and 3 days later he is back home! Good to see him again. Only allowed soft foods for the next month otherwise he will tear his internal stitches for his stomach :)

Thanks man! I wanted this to be as perfect as I could possible do it, and rushing it would not achieve this at all.

Now, time to decide on Sleeving colours :wacko:

Black? What colour will your loop be? Dye or coloured tubes?

Black? What colour will your loop be? Dye or coloured tubes?

I am using Mayhems Pastel Orange as coolant with my clear crystal link..

I was thinking black.orange