Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Why are people even talking about Internet speeds in a build log?

Be gone, for I banish you

wizard14.gif

There must be some moderators watching this build log :P

Because you can't afford it. He wants something unique, and it is exactly that. You can't put a price on art sometimes

Can't afford it? LOL look at his specs

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Unless you get a new rule in the CoC forbidding internet speed discussion on PBaines posts, you'll have to ask the dudes nicely ;)

A build log is a pretty personal thing though, some OP's like to have loads of off-topic

discussion in their logs while others wish to stay much more on focus. Looking at HELIOS'

log, I definitely belong to the former camp, although even I have my limits and nobody

freaking show up there with bandwidth screenshots!

Or else... whip-2.gif

@PBaines: Sorry if this is already too off-topic.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

A build log is a pretty personal thing though, some OP's like to have loads of off-topic

discussion in their logs while others wish to stay much more on focus.

Well, yeah, that's kinda what I meant with "asking them nicely". If OP really doesn't like it and, after portrayer those feelings, the bandwidth posters do not stop, I'm sure something can be worked out to make them stop harassing OP.

Yeah, whenever people go way off topic in my log discussions, i always ask them nicely to stop. You should do the same @PBaines.

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, whenever people go way off topic in my log discussions, i always ask them nicely to stop. You should do the same @PBaines.

-terrytek

He has haha and they did for a bit, but then they returned

oh my.. amazing build! Inspires me to do my own, but I haven't even finished my first build yet! :(

Well, yeah, that's kinda what I meant with "asking them nicely". If OP really doesn't like it and, after portrayer those feelings, the bandwidth posters do not stop, I'm sure something can be worked out to make them stop harassing OP.

Yeah, I think I've said it like 3 or 4 times? haha

and w00p in the Live Stream 2 weeks in a row!

and w00p in the Live Stream 2 weeks in a row!

thats cause its ausome

man, you're so talented! keep up! i think you can even do this for a living  ;)

This was incredible build log to follow.. Great Job! curious to see what you come up with for the keyboard tray.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Dude your a serious MOFO big time

Thats a wicked setup.

This MOFO's got skill.

• 3 weeks later...

Massive respect for what you have built. Good to see all the hard work pay off into something amazing 

which live stream was this on?

live streams*

within the last two months, not sure exactly

which live stream was this on?

Check this thread. October 11th, and I think also October 4th.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

How did you attach the lip to the desk top?

What 'Lip' are we talking about? Can edit a pic in paint and circle the area if you'd like :)

14nmzwh.png

Basically, the lip or the 2 X 4's that you biscuited together that runs the whole edge of the table top; how did you secure those to the table? Did you use dowels or something?

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald