Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

So how heavy is it?

Lol, that would be impossible to find out with some kitchen scales...

Lol, that would be impossible to find out with some kitchen scales...

Ok then how many people does it take to move it?

Come on. I need more glory shots of teh epic pc desk!!! MOAR!! MOAR!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ok then how many people does it take to move it?

Will only take two people :)

However, if i were to sell it etc, it can be dismantled and easily transported by once person

Come on. I need more glory shots of teh epic pc desk!!! MOAR!! MOAR!!

Once I get the top draw sorted then I will do heaps more photos :)

@PBaines: A fitting end to your build being showcased, as i begin to build my first gaming PC tomorrow

I may even make a thread about mine :)

Looking for a job

Ive been inspired and planned my own desk, didnt do the pipes because im pretty new to sketchup though, and i cant seem to put a pic up

Ive been inspired and planned my own desk, didnt do the pipes because im pretty new to sketchup though, and i cant seem to put a pic up

Just print screen the sketchup, and upload the image to something like flickr, and then when posting here press the "image" Icon and copy and paste the direct photo link :)

How many compression fittings did you need for this project? You should put down the complete part list.

I'm thinking of doing a desk project also but those damn acrylic fittings cost a lot!

How many compression fittings did you need for this project? You should put down the complete part list.

I'm thinking of doing a desk project also but those damn acrylic fittings cost a lot!

This was on a previous update man :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97695353/cost%20of%20desk.png

For those who wish to have a look at the sketchup model for this desk,

I have uploaded it to here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97695353/desk%20final.skp

You can download Sketchup here if you do not have it 

http://www.sketchup.com/download

JC, your desk design looks good so far :) have you thought about what timber you will be using?

Not yet, but i have to do most of it at my old school because i dont have all of the tools

Maybe Rimu like yours

Damn. 7500 USD for a frickin computer? thats just wrong dude.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Damn. 7500 USD for a frickin computer? thats just wrong dude.

Why is it wrong???, do tell

IDK, seems really expensive to me.

Because you can't afford it. He wants something unique, and it is exactly that. You can't put a price on art sometimes

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

It is, but keep in mind that the water cooling parts and the desk can be reused

when/if the build will be upgraded, so those expenses are unique to the first

machine this setup is used for.

Because you can't afford it.

Well, that's a logical, but not necessarily correct, conclusion, isn't it? ;)

My dad could easily afford a much more expensive machine if he wanted to, but

he would certainly call 7.5k expensive, just as an example.

He wants something unique, and it is exactly that. You can't put a price on art sometimes

+1. Something may be expensive, but if it's still worth it to you, you could

still call it a good investment. I'm pretty sure my rig is even a bit more

costly than this one (and quite a bit of those $$$ can't be reused in a

later upgrade, see Xeons and Titan, so my investment is not as long-lasting

as this), and I would definitely call it expensive, but I don't see it as a

bad investment, just as something I really, really want. :D

If somebody doesn't want to spend a few k on a PC, then they probably shouldn't,

and that's perfectly fine with me.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

If somebody doesn't want to spend a few k on a PC, then they probably shouldn't,

and that's perfectly fine with me.

That's true I suppose, but for most, 7k isn't something that everyone is in the position to spend on anything. I'd call 7k expensive, but I'd gladly pay it for a sexy custom rig I can call unique and my own :wub: :D

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

That's true I suppose, but for most, 7k isn't something that everyone is in the position to spend on anything. I'd call 7k expensive, but I'd gladly pay it for a sexy custom rig I can call unique and my own :wub: :D

Oh definitely. It's certainly a rather extravagant amount of money. That's the reason

it's taken me more than two years to finally put my build together, I needed to save

up, get some paid work etc. And not everyone can save up that amount of money within

a halfway reasonable amount of time, of course. Despite my health troubles, I have been

rather lucky in that regard at least.

Anyway, 7k is an expensive PC IMHO, but whether or not it's worth dropping on a PC is up

to the proprietor of those funds in the end. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

it is just like people who love spending money on cars etc, everyone has something that they love spending on, as for me. Well I think you guessed I have to feed my addiction to my hobby ;D

1.5 Down, 0.2 up, 128 ping to closest server :( :( :(

Me too, lol. People complain about 8 down speeds, when we're stuck on 1.5... =(

cpu: 4670k (not OC'd yet), cooler: Corsair h100i, motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB, graphics: GTX 770 Windforce cooler, case: NZXT Phantom 410, power supply: Corsair HX650 v2, storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, ssd: Samsung 840 120GB SSD