Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

One of my GTX680's blew up... And I mean literally blew up. Smoke and all, a few of the capacitors popped and smoked so waiting on that for RMA...

AAARRRRGGGH JUST WANNA FINSIH THIS BUILD! 

That really sucks D:

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

One of my GTX680's blew up... And I mean literally blew up. Smoke and all, a few of the capacitors popped and smoked so waiting on that for RMA...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Even more waiting, but assuming you fired it up (I know it is a pun, an unintended one though) you got the MOBO RMA back?

damn. that's rough. sorry man.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Even more waiting, but assuming you fired it up (I know it is a pun, an unintended one though) you got the MOBO RMA back?

Yeah man, got my UP7 up. When I fired it up the  680 blew up :(

I was told that the RMA process could take up to 4 weeks, as I requested that a reference GTX680 was sent back so my waterblock would fit on it. They have to wait for EVGA to send over a new one.

However, being impatient I went and bought another 680 haha. Should have a new update this weekend :)

Wow, first the motherboard now the GPU, that really sucks :(.

How unlucky D:

Kinda sucks, but maybe this gpu will overclock better than the last one.

Back from the dead....

Great build! Looks dead sexy. One thing though, what are you doing about the minerals in tap water? Those can be pretty bad for your pump and can cause corrosion also.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Can you like hurry up and finish this? :P

Have you read any of the last few comments, one of the 680's was smoking and he had to RMA the mobo

Have you read any of the last few comments, one of the 680's was smoking and he had to RMA the mobo

I know. I was being silly. 

I know. I was being silly. 

silly windspeed :D

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

lol bro this build is just getting to me now!

I just hope, that next time I put her together, I never have to pull her apart again...

Should have the 680 on Wednesday or Thursday so will have a nice juicy maybe even final update this weekend if all goes to plan :D 

ps - If anyone in the North Island of New Zealand is interested in purchasing this desk (entire thing, with all the parts in it) you can PM me and we might be able to sort something out. Would come drop it off anywhere in the North Island as there is no way I would trust a shipping company.

Looking to do another desk once this is finished and the build log will exclusively be on this forum :)

ps - If anyone in the North Island of New Zealand is interested in purchasing this desk (entire thing, with all the parts in it) you can PM me and we might be able to sort something out. Would come drop it off anywhere in the North Island as there is no way I would trust a shipping company.

Looking to do another desk once this is finished and the build log will exclusively be on this forum :)

Mind dropping it off in California?  :lol:

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Just read through your entire build log... I'm speechless. Your level of craftsmanship is unbelievable. I've read though hundreds of build logs in my spare time (which is hard to come by as I'm a student) and this easily makes the top 3 best wood projects I've ever come across. Your attention to the fine details... ahh. Wish you the best of luck with finishing this thing... so much blood, sweat and tears have gone into it so far, you really deserve to enjoy it. Keep up the excellent work!

I've played around with making a desk of my own, but always stuff that's smaller and simpler because my budgets are ridiculously tiny. You've inspired me to pick that up again when I have the time... though, it'll be nowhere as beautiful as yours. :P (PS. Like you, I've also had to adjust the design of my current desk to fit the Razer extended mouse pad haha).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I was told that the RMA process could take up to 4 weeks, as I requested that a reference GTX680 was sent back so my waterblock would fit on it. They have to wait for EVGA to send over a new one.

However, being impatient I went and bought another 680 haha. Should have a new update this weekend :)

HA! cant believe you couldnt wait for EVGA

4 weeks is a long time for a graphics card replacement though

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Been silently following this log since you started in May.

I have to say, I have been really impressed with the craftsmanship and the attention to detail that you have displayed whilst creating this, and I know fellow forum members have too! The amount of bad luck that you've experienced is unbelievable, to have to RMA both the motherboard and then one of the GPU's, it must have been utterly soul destroying having to constantly drain the loop, take things apart and put them back together again..

Really looking forward to seeing this properly up and running! Are you going to consolidate all your posts into one big one, or just leave as is?

Tom

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

How much money is this thing gonna cost????????!!!!!!!!!!!O_O

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Ahhhhh, good to be using the desk right now! Updates tomorrow :)

But here is this. Pure and utter R18 Pr0n of a completely nude 3770K. Was considering even censoring on it.

and yes, the chip will be run with no lid, not for the faint hearted and certainly would not recommend to anyone

IMG_7709.jpg

Ahhhhh, good to be using the desk right now! Updates tomorrow :)

But here is this. Pure and utter R18 Pr0n of a completely nude 3770K. Was considering even censoring on it.

and yes, the chip will be run with no lid, not for the faint hearted and certainly would not recommend to anyone

IMG_7709.jpg

BRTky.jpg

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

why why would you sell it i mean ist awsome 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

why why would you sell it i mean ist awsome

Maybe because some people enjoy building machines way more than

using them, and if you sell one you can use that money for building

the next? Just a thought. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic