Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

This build is wonderfull, the craftmanship is mighty impressive. I cant wait to see it finished.

Great work men !

I am form Greece and your build rocks !

“Strength does not come from winning. your struggles develop your strengths. 

When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength” 

Case: Corsair Obsidian 400R , CPU : Intel Core i7-3770K , Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance , Cpu Cooler : CoolerMaster Seidon 120M , RAM : Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB , Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB , Monitor : Dell UltraSharp U2312HM , GPU : ASUS GTX 670 DIRECT CU II

I wish I can make my own desk ... like I don't have the tools and a lot of the desk sold I don't like :(

I'm in love with this build! Want to build me one  ;)

Not seen any updates in awhile :(

With the workload at Uni and a job 3 days a week, 12 hours a day it has been hard to find the time!

Which is a shame because I need some good free time to just sit down and sleeve my cables for hours.

The build will be finished at somet point I assure you :p

I'm in love with this build! Want to build me one  ;)

If you seriously wanted me to send you a "kit set" desk that all you would have to do is screw it together than yes I most certainly could :)

If you seriously wanted me to send you a "kit set" desk that all you would have to do is screw it together than yes I most certainly could :)

I could only imagine the shipping costs of such a thing! lol

proooobably around 950NZD (750usd) + shipping which honestly I wouldn't have a clue how much that would be... According to Fedex it would cost $3500 HAHAHAHHA, which is all shit I am sure.

Sending via a ship would be the cheapest option but as I say. I have not a clue how much that would be..

proooobably around 950NZD (750usd)

Huh, that's actually quite reasonable I'd say (i.e. I expected more ;)).

+ shipping which honestly I wouldn't have a clue how much that would be... According to Fedex it would cost $3500 HAHAHAHHA, which is all shit I am sure.

Sending via a ship would be the cheapest option but as I say. I have not a clue how much that would be..

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was $3500 via air mail. Plus one might be

looking at lots of import taxes (which are often calculated based on weight, which

I'm imagining is quite a bit with this thing).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I could only imagine the shipping costs of such a thing! lol

Well im in Auckland which is a bit closer, i would drive down to pick it up :P

Well im in Auckland which is a bit closer, i would drive down to pick it up :P

Oh nice, I would actually drive it up! Need to go to Playtech to RMA my HTC One... haha

Oh nice, I would actually drive it up! Need to go to Playtech to RMA my HTC One... haha

Meet half way then :P

if this doesnt get in build of the week.... oh dear 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Meet half way then :P

we'll meet at Taupo and go hit some golf balls off of the edge to that plontoon thing ;D

if this doesnt get in build of the week.... oh dear 

It will be in Build of the Week once I finish the build, have all ready discussed it with Wind :)

Just need to get cracking and find some time to get everything done... so much to do!

You could sell/get donations for the plans of the table. Like all the measurements and the model files you made. Then we could actually increase the height or something and then go to a local woodworking place and have something like this made.

Just sorted build logs by most views & replies & well you won. Double the views that second place has. lol

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

You could sell/get donations for the plans of the table. Like all the measurements and the model files you made. Then we could actually increase the height or something and then go to a local woodworking place and have something like this made.

That is actually a really good idea!

I have been meaning to do another desk model up that will make this one look like trash. Will get this desk finished and then will do some more modeling and post the pics on the forum :)

That is actually a really good idea!

I have been meaning to do another desk model up that will make this one look like trash. Will get this desk finished and then will do some more modeling and post the pics on the forum :)

At least it's good until you expand your business globally with local production :D

"I could cool the whole lot with one RAD but..." I'm rich!!!! LOL. This is the coolest thing ever! Is the whole thing gonna be stained that color you showed earlier?

CPU - AMD 6800k; Mobo - ASRock FM2A88M-HD+; RAM G. SKill 8GB(2x4gb); GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580; Case - NZXT H230; Storage - Toshiba 1tb HDD, OCZ Agility 3 120 gb; Silverstone 600w 80+ bronze; Display - Dell 24 in., Generic 20 in.; Cooling - Antec Kuhler H20 620; Keyboard - Genereic Dell; Mouse - Logitech m510; Sound - Syba USB 2.0 DAC

"I could cool the whole lot with one RAD but..." I'm rich!!!! LOL. This is the coolest thing ever! Is the whole thing gonna be stained that color you showed earlier?

CPU - AMD 6800k; Mobo - ASRock FM2A88M-HD+; RAM G. SKill 8GB(2x4gb); GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580; Case - NZXT H230; Storage - Toshiba 1tb HDD, OCZ Agility 3 120 gb; Silverstone 600w 80+ bronze; Display - Dell 24 in., Generic 20 in.; Cooling - Antec Kuhler H20 620; Keyboard - Genereic Dell; Mouse - Logitech m510; Sound - Syba USB 2.0 DAC

we'll meet at Taupo and go hit some golf balls off of the edge to that plontoon thing ;D

It will be in Build of the Week once I finish the build, have all ready discussed it with Wind :)

Just need to get cracking and find some time to get everything done... so much to do!

Keen, and i doubt this should make build logs of the week, more like build logs of life

This is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen, I want one!

Hurry up and finish it and I can't handle the suspense!

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Right, So a little update. Been super busy with work and with study so haven't had much time to do the desk. Even though the updates are getting smaller, the desk is nearly finished!

to do-

*Fan wiring from rad 1 to rad 2

*Keyboard tray

*Cable Management

First things first, (To my New Zealanders on the forums) www.computerlounge.co.nz sponsored me some replacement Black SATA Data cables to replace my red ones and also an NZXT 2m White LED Kit so thank you very much for this!

CL-logo-1700600(1).jpg

Anyways! I started with wiring up my GPU cables. measuring every wire, and not one being the same length. A long process however well worth it

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7262.jpg

Since double cables are the such a pain in the arse I soldered them in just for extra security as the "wings" do not bite into the top wire because of the 2-wire thickness

IMG_7264.jpg

A long while later the cable was done! Just to make sure the measurements were accurate I put some rubber bands on them. This also helps "train" the wires so that they stay like that.

IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

Both wires done, took me about 3 hours...

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

Time to sleeve! When sleeving double wires you lose the general sense of where the sleeve has to end up, and you can't really use a sleeving tool to line it up either as 16awg and 18awg would need different spacings etc *blah blah blah* TL;DR: I mark some lines to where the sleeve needs to go to with a sharpie, meaning an accurate result every time!

IMG_7313.jpg

I then use a "dummy" connector to put the pin in while it is still hot. This comes in really handy when you have done the bottom row of double cables. Instead of trying to push ANOTHER double set on the bottom row, it is good to have the dummy connector. It lets the shrink cool down, and set with the "box" shape so that it will be easy to slide into the proper connector without deforming it.

IMG_7314.jpg

Finished cable

IMG_7315.jpg

Don't think I need to elaborate too much on a basic Sleeving FAQ. For any help look at Lutro0 on YouTube. You will never need to watch another tutorial after watching his :)

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

Midway through the 24-pin

IMG_7486.jpg

Done! 3.5 hours of sleeving results in one 24-pin... lol

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

Cables in and doing a test fit. Very happy with how it's looking!

NOTE: I will probably be using the Modsmart cable clips for about 2 months. Then take them off. This should allow time for the cables to be trained and need no supports. It will be super tidy, was considering cable lacing them but personally I think it doesn't look THAT great. Trained cables needing no support will look much better

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

That is all for now, will have the build done by 1st of September I promise!

Phil