Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Orange* :P

I thought you said it would be red earlier?  Maybe one of the 100 build logs I'm following ;).   :o Orange is awesome too 

I looked back at the mobo and realized it is Orange and Gray needless to say ERMAHGERD that is one of my color favorite mixes

Edited by CJPowell27

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

1. I am using this fan controller here http://tinyurl.com/bmyoxs9 I personally like it the way it is! And I haven't actually found a nice sliding controller, I like the one with knobs instead.

2. The Radiators will have rubber between it and the wood front.

The fan's will have rubber between the radiator

The Motherboard will be sitting on rubber grommits

The PSU will be sitting on rubber grommits

the Pumps will be on a rubber mat.

There are no mechanical drives in the desk so I will mount the SSD's on something non-rubberised!

I would paint the fan controler or at least get rid of the logo just to make it look a little better...

Intel Core i5 3570k║ASUS Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155║EVGA GTX 770 2GB║Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx ║Patriot Viper 16 GB DDR3 (2x8)║AX760W║Corsair Force 120Gb SSD║

2Tb Seagate Barracuda║H100i║Fractal Design R4 White║

Any more updates coming? :c

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Looks awesome keep them pics coming man love it!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Any more updates coming? :c

Thats what everyone following is waiting for, so i hope so

Looking forward to it.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Great build, I hope you sleeve those SATA cables though, or maybe use black ones. :)

I probably won't be able to get another huuuge update out till next week as I have had a lot of work lately!

However, will just let you know what i've been up to on this;

I have finished wiring the GPU cables,

I took the loop apart and gave it a final flush out to get rid of any internal flakes that came from the radiator.

I got some Black SATA Data cables to replace the red ones

Time to start sleeving everything which will be a painstakingly long process but "perfection takes time", and with sleeving. I don't settle for anything that isn't perfect.

here is a quick snap that I took with my HTC One, the DSLR has been kidnapped by my mother for a few days :P

I have made the decision to only use ONE CPU cable, this is to reduce cable clutter and I think it looks much more aesthetically pleasing. I will only be overclocking my 3770k to a 24/7 clock of 4.5 @ 1.28v so no need for the second CPU cable.

2013-07-28%2012.10.59.jpg

At LAST another Update.

Hope you can finish this build soon dude. We've been waiting a long time for this build to finish.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

At LAST another Update.

Hope you can finish this build soon dude. We've been waiting a long time for this build to finish.

Hold on, don't become cocky now. The more time he takes, the better for the build.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

you know the cables would look even better if you sewed them. look it up on youtube. that way your cables wont twist around each other and the accented orange wires will be straight all the way along the path

you know the cables would look even better if you sewed them. look it up on youtube. that way your cables wont twist around each other and the accented orange wires will be straight all the way along the path

As a cable lacing fetishist myself I can't really argue with that suggestion.

*toots own horn* One version of how to do it in link in my sig. ;)

Either way, this build project is coming together nicely. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Your lacing guide is amazing. Really is. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I have thought about cable lacing, but would definitely use a clear nylon probably like fishing line or something as I hate seeing the sew lines. Fishing line would be all good right?

I like the look of the cables in your current build, definitely think that MDPC-X would make the build superior "because to me" paracord is terrible.

Your build is good, I like it :)

The pure craftsmanship, it's amazing

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Your lacing guide is amazing. Really is.

Thank you, I strive for quality. :)

I have thought about cable lacing, but would definitely use a clear nylon probably like fishing line or something as I hate seeing the sew lines. Fishing line would be all good right?

I like the look of the cables in your current build, definitely think that MDPC-X would make the build superior "because to me" paracord is terrible.

Your build is good, I like it :)

Yeah, fishing line should do the job. There really isn't that much tension on it if you

do it right, the only time you're in danger of snapping the thread is when you tighten

the knot, but it's not a huge problem (I've had it happen twice I think).

Personally I actually quite like paracord, but I get that it's a rather divisive topic

and does not cater to everyone's taste. I considered going with MDPC-X but since it would

have cost quite a bit more than paracord I would have needed to save money elsewhere.

Plus, the softness of paracord comes in extremely handy when using the fishing lure

technique I've used for my sleeving, I'm not sure that would really work with MDPC-X

(it might, I haven't tried it ;) ).

Thanks for the kind words though.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Looks awesome, I wish I had skill with making things with wood

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Wow 23 pages of epic, really looking forward to the end result!  B)

wow looks like a lot of hard work has gone it to this thumbs up to you mate  it looks so good looking fwd to the finished build 

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H