What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

So now you're saying that revs are everything? lmfao :D If you want revs go ahead and pick any American pushrod V8. Chevy 350,454,572. Ford 302,427. Dodge 360,426 Hemi,440. All of those engines wrek any ricebanger in a rev contest. DOHC will never compete with a pushrod V8. It's in the design.

Pushrods are sooooooooooooooooo antiquated. Nowadays its DOHC and even quad cams, like the 300ZX, bitch. Pushrod engines can never come close to the power DOHC engines. Have you heard of a Chevy 454 make over 800 HP? Rarely. I see imports make over 800HP easily. Just admit it, muscle can't do squat against imports.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I ride a bicycle. You know, one of those things with two wheels, paddles that are connected to the back wheel by a chain. Ridiculously easy to service and keep care of? Yeah one of those things. 

If I ever wanted a car it would probably be nothing as ridiculous like all those SUVs, GTRs and weird petrol hungry stuff you maniacs have been posting. More something reasonable. Something that makes sense.

For example a Golf GTi

2014-VW-Golf-GTI-1.jpg

Not necessarily that one, I think the red accents and rims just look stupid, but you get the idea.

A small(ish) car, that drives, preferably faster than 130kph, so it gets across the autobahn in a reasonable time, and has some space in it. 

Or what about a Mini?

1963_MkI_Mini.jpg

I don't think that I will be able to fit in the old ones, and they are old cars, so kind of expensive in running them. So if I would get one, probably the new ones.

By the time I get to buy my first car however, electric cars are likely to be a viable option, so yeah, let's see what the future holds.

8.1L? Is that factory?

I'm thinking of the one we had before this one. My Bad. This ones a 6.0L V8. We had The 8.1L V8 before this one. The one we had before was Factory. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

On 4/13/2014 at 11:43 AM, terrytek said:

Pushrods are sooooooooooooooooo antiquated. Nowadays its DOHC and even quad cams, like the 300ZX, bitch. Pushrod engines can never come close to the power DOHC engines. Have you heard of a Chevy 454 make over 800 HP? Rarely. I see imports make over 800HP easily. Just admit it, muscle can't do squat against imports.

You also don't have to worry about the cam springs flying off if you rev a little too hard.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I'm thinking of the one we had before this one. My Bad. This ones a 6.0L V8. We had The 8.1L V8 before this one. The one we had before was Factory. 

That 8.1 is insane! Was that another avalanche?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

My bicycle. I'm 14.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

DOHCs and Quadcams suck nuts. Repairs are a bi***. Repairs on a pushrod V8 are  simple. You also don't have to worry about the cam springs flying off if you rev a little too hard. I guess you've never heard of a chevy 454 if you've never heard of one exceeding 800 hp. A simple twin screw supercharger will nudge it past 1000 hp. Not to mention ricebangers sound like a misquito buzzing your ear.

Nah, they actually sound better than supercharged muscle that tries to deafen your ears. Plus, cam springs don't fly off, they are held securely.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

We've already had about 10^9 of these threads. 

But still...

A 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI, an insane 90 HP diesel. (not really)

But it only uses about 6,5 l/100 km and has plenty of space in the back, if you catch my drift ;) .

Mine is very similar to this:

Citroen_Xsara_Picasso.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Not old enough to drive yet, but I have a question. Has anybody ever had any experience with E46 and/or E90 BMW 3-series? What can you say about them?

I've only ever driven the E46 325. And it was a nice car. Don't remember much else about it though

On topic.

Here's what i drive. A Mercedes Benz 190E 2,3 8v Sportline - 93

Handles well. It's got a tourqey engine. and the seats are the most comfortable things ever. 

I had two. But the second one had to go because of some a-holes i used to call friends. 

So i nabbed the wing from that and im going to mount it on this one when i've got the time.

20140402_153743_zps8b407b21.jpg

sportlineint_zps8e75b963.jpg T2eC16RHJH8FHQwSFnPBSpLtw4D60_35_zps35f5

I also have that momo steering wheel and a wood dash  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I guess side view mirrors are overrated?

You don't need to know what's behind you when you have a 426 Hemi :)

Nah, they actually sound better than supercharged muscle that tries to deafen your ears. Plus, cam springs don't fly off, they are held securely.

How about Turbocharged diesel that is soft on the ears and sounds good? Diesel is better than combustion in pretty much every way. Cold weather is the only place where diesels are a little weak (they don't start), but for 95% of the american population that isn't a concern. And besides I doubt if you live in northern Minnesota you'll be driving a fast car anyways :P

On 4/13/2014 at 11:55 AM, juretrn said:

We've already had about 10^9 of these threads. 

But still...

A 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI, an insane 90 HP diesel. (not really)

But it only uses about 6,5 l/100 km and has plenty of space in the back, if you catch my drift ;) .

Mine is very similar to this:

That thing

but honestly this would be nice: 

Wow^^ it's pretty rare that i come across any carlsson fans when it comes to mercs  :)

Im more of a Renntech guy but i do like the look of the Carlsson kits^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I drive a hybrid Honda. U jelly? 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I guess side view mirrors are overrated?

They're illegal :) .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

That 8.1 is insane! Was that another avalanche?

Yeah that was the Avalanche we had before. That my dad now has. *Parents divorced* His is a 1 Ton transmission too. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

2010 cobalt lt, going to buy either a mazdaspeed3 or a mazda miata once its payed off 

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

P77jWe2.jpg

Had no idea the forum was so young. I drive a 2002 Mazda Miata LS. It's a mostly stock 6 speed with a sun damaged top. I love driving it but I'm also looking for something that's a bit safer and capable of carrying more.

I drive a 2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ). While it's totally a brick on wheels, I do enjoy it a lot. I can't wait to finish up college to be able to afford some modifications to make it much more fun on the trail than stock. Additionally, I'm really itching to turbo it.

I really wouldn't mind getting another daily driver, however. since the 8-12mpg during the winter hurts quite a bit (and only like 16mpg during the summer, since I never have to use the highway). I wouldn't mind a little Impreza or even another Saturn (used to have an SL2 before totaling it a few years back).

All of those ricers would git wrekd by

That first dodge runs on diesel, it's not a proper amerikan muskel.

Proper ýankees don't even know what diesel is.

Edit: Also, even though american cars are far from my favourites they still beat the Japanese supras and the other ones posted on this thread hands down.

And i'll get my license this year hopefully, so i get to drive a car instead of a motorcycle finally :)And the choice of car will most likely be european.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I drive a 2001 toyota corolla that I found. I just got it about a month ago actually. Not really what I wanted (my heart was set on a golf GTI or something low end but sporty like it) but this would have to do for a couple years.

The car has 140K miles on it and runs ok. It is a bit wrecked in the back (trunk doesnt close without bungee cords LOL) but the outside body work was all replaced so its hard to see the damage without opening the trunk (or the "boot" as you Europeans call it)

IT has a rather large list of needs at the moment:

1. The rear brake drum shoes are completely gone, the parking brake doesnt even work.

2. The engine makes a lot of noise from the belt area, after reasearching I found the belt tensioner needs to be replaced.

3. Body damage needs to be fixed (though since I dont need a trunk (boot) I probably wont fix it xD

4. The steering wheel leather is completely dryed out, you can literally rub your hand and shavings fall off. (beige steering wheel cover solved this temporarily lol)
5. The windshield washer fluid jets spray over the windshield -_- (not sure how to fix this)

6. The door controls pop off of the door everytime I close it

7. The front brake rotors are a little bit warped

8. the front lights are all yellowed. (ok now im just nit-picking lol)

despite the issues, its a good car, the engine runs well. its not fast or anything but it can be fun to drive when you put your foot down. The only real problem I have with the car is how boring it looks. Its just the most plain thing Ive ever seen. I could be revving the engine in town and no one would know it was me xD

The best thing about the car is the gas milage. I can get 35 mpg when I drive economically and about 25-27 when I just don't care and I only fill up once every week.

post-15957-0-75864300-1397418093_thumb.j

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1