Any good budget keyboards?

fishymamba

Hey guys! I am thinking of getting a new key board soon because I am tired of the cheap keyboard I use right now.(Logitec EX100)

I want to spend $50-$60 so I don't think i can get a mechanical keyboard. So are there any good keyboards in this price range?

Main use of this keyboard is going to gaming and a little bit of typing.

Things I want:

-Full size keyboard, i don't want one of those smaller ones.

-Wrist rest

-Media player functions+volume

I don't really care if I have to buy used.

Thanks!!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

If you're buying used you can try to get an old mechanical for cheap

The Logitech K750 Wireless Solar keyboard has excellent reviews, but is a little more expensive.

It's about as much as the Logitech G110, which is quite nice--$70ish

Alternatively there is the G105.

Or the Tt eSports Challenger Pro. Or the Gigabyte K8100.

Those are probably the best choices for your price-range, though I highly recommend you go mechanical and try to save up ~$40 more :)

Thanks! If I save up $100, what wouldmy choices for mechanical keyboards be? I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance K90, is it any good for $105.

I'll see if I can find one on ebay cheaper.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Don't get a mechanical just because some people say mechanical is the best, greatest, ect

Pick what you find comfortable. It just might be a mechanical... or Membrane..

Check out some boards at a local shop and see if you like anything. Then go online and look for a deal. :)

What do you mostly do while on your PC?

Don't get a mechanical just because some people say mechanical is the best, greatest, ect

Check out some boards at a local shop and see if you like anything. Then go online and look for a deal. :)

I have always used membrane keyboards so I don't really know what mechanical keyboards feel like. Does bestbuy carry electronic keyboards, like you said I should try them out before buying.

My most common use is going to be typing for school work and some gaming.

The CM Storm Quickfire pro is a great value oriented mechanical keyboard available for under $100 however bottoming out i really loud on it so I'd recommend getting some o rings for the keys.

Honestly, if you're willing to spend $60, I would just save up a bit more and get a mechanical.

If you want a cheap membrane keyboard, I recommend the Gigabyte K3 Gaming Keyboard. The only "gaming" thing about it is different color WASD and arrow keys which is stupid but the keyboard itself is quality. It's $25 on newegg.

@fish Most BestBuy's have the Razor Black Widow with Cherry Blues. I know you don't want a Tenkeyless(w/o number pad) but the Quick Fire TK from Cool Master kinda combines both. I have the QuickFire Rapid with Reds, and I love it. Do you play more RTS or FPS style games? Normaly FPSers prefer red or black.

The CoolerMaster Quickfire TK is also a good choice under $100: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/k...s/quickfiretk/ Comes in Cherry MX blue, red, and brown.

Cherry MX blue: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=77976

Cherry MX red: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=77975

MemoryExpress has all of them but the MX browns are out of stock....: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Search/Products?Search=quickfire+tk

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have decided that I am going to save up a bit more and get a better mechanical keyboard.

IS the Corsair Vengeance K90 any good? IS there anything better for the same price?

The K90 has keys that are membrane(not mechanical) like the delete keys area and the f keys so it isn't a fully mechanical keyboard.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The K90 has keys that are membrane(not mechanical) like the delete keys area and the f keys so it isn't a fully mechanical keyboard.
I don't really care because those aren't used while typing and gaming. I know that all the macro keys are also membrane, but I don't think I will be using those because I pretty much only play FPS games.