ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440P 120HZ MONITOR RELEASE DATE

YesItsMe

No bro, or at least there is no info yet about it, but I doubt that.

No. 

gay :( i replaced my 670 with a 290. now G-sync is useless for me

gay :( i replaced my 670 with a 290. now G-sync is useless for me

Well, you still have the opportunity of getting something like a 1440p panel, or a 144/120Hz monitor. Asus offers both. 

G - sync is a nice technology, but not something I'd change my setup for just to run that. 

Isn't AMD even working on something similar?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Just had to comment on how flawed this mentality is. Let's take a 40 dollar pc case made out of the lowest tier plastic. It's universally accepted that the quality is bad vs steel/aluminium, but does that stop case manufacturers from using cheap plastic? No. Why? Not because they believe it's good, but because it's CHEAP. That's what really drives this, price. Not because they believe it's just as good, it's pure cost savings. This TN panel is better than TN panels of the past, BUT for those who work with graphics, the colour shifting alone is enough to dismiss it. At least as a primary display, anyway. This isn't some IPS elitism, it's blatant fact that for accurate colour, TN is bad. For the average consumer, TN is fine.

PS: If we're gonna be using car analogies, IPS vs TN isn't Rolls vs Pagani, it's more [insert 250,000k+ supercar here] vs a modest car in the <30k range. The two are nowhere near the same level. The latter can still be enjoyable, but don't be blind to its limitations.

This is completely wrong.

A TN image isn't as good but it has way better latency which is more important for gaming which makes it the superior panel.

Good color and gaming doesn't exist anyways.(You can't game with 10bit color because gaming cards don't support it)

And even the worst G-sync monitor is still better than any non G-sync monitor.

Because no matter what panel you use you will still have lag and tearing.

RTX2070OC 

Well, you still have the opportunity of getting something like a 1440p panel, or a 144/120Hz monitor. Asus offers both. 

G - sync is a nice technology, but not something I'd change my setup for just to run that. 

Isn't AMD even working on something similar?

Free sync got adapted by other companies. monitors wont have "Free-Sync for atleast 6 months time. true though, there are no other monitors in the market that offer 144hz at 2560x1440p.

i dunno though, it does have a massive price too.

Will this 10 bit color TN panel accurately reproduce modern gaming's many shades of brownish black grey, or will I definitely need IPS for 1440p browndelity?? :)

Seriously though, I just want this monitor out so I can see some reviews (preferrably Linus).  It's a little pricey but if it's as awesome as advertised, I wouldn't mind having one for single monitor gaming.  Backup is still Asus PB278Q though.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Another addition to my "if I won the lotto" list, 6 of these and two custom loop 295x2's... Lol

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Another addition to my "if I won the lotto" list, 6 of these and two custom loop 295x2's... Lol

Well I have 4x 290x and I am hoping that just 3 monitors might be able to be driven here (2 loops, one for gpus only with 2x 480 monsta rads ).  I think 6 is really out of the question, unless you are playing counter strike, half life 2, or something like that. 

Come on and win the lottery and report back in July how it does with 6! 

Actually amd allows 10 bit in ccc, and I know for a fact that the 780ti and Titan support 10bit colors.

This is completely wrong.

A TN image isn't as good but it has way better latency which is more important for gaming which makes it the superior panel.

Good color and gaming doesn't exist anyways.(You can't game with 10bit color because gaming cards don't support it)

And even the worst G-sync monitor is still better than any non G-sync monitor.

Because no matter what panel you use you will still have lag and tearing.

If only they took out all ROG branding from decent products..

The cheesing up of good tech is real, now that monitor looks like it's meant for a 14 yr old boy's room.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it, glad I'm not the only one.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

As far as aesthetics go, would look perfect sitting next to a Netgear Nighthawk router  :lol:

As far as TN vs IPS goes, I've always used TN panels but have used IPS in a work environment, and I couldn't tell much of a difference.  But that is mainly because I'm not a graphics designer at all.  All of the people crying for IPS are those that are arguing for graphics designers and such, while those who defend TN panels are arguing for gamers and fast response times.  As someone who plays fighting games where inputs are timed by the exact frame of animation (linking hits in a 1-frame-out-of-60 time interval) I can say that modern TN panels are definitely good enough for color and give the performance needed to keep the motion side of everything perfectly aligned with the inputs being pressed.  For reference, I'm using a Samsung PX2370 I've had for years and color has been perfectly fine for me after a bit of calibration out of the box.

I do like how the monitor looks and it looks sexy but there is no way I will go back to a TN after using IPS for a 6 month now

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

"Why is the display TN rather than IPS/PVA/MVA, etc?

Not all TNs are made the same: the premium panel used in the PG278Q is of very high quality. IPS panels (and their derivatives like PVA/MVA etc) are not suitable for a multitude of reasons: 1) the response rate is simply not fast enough to react to the active change in refresh rate and 2) They cannot reliably achieve >60Hz without significantly affecting the quality of the image. IGZO technology (and LTPS low temperature polysilicon likewise) yields 100***8242;s of times faster electron mobility versus standard amorphous silicon panels and thus can provide a response rate comparable to TN (up to 60Hz currently), but, however desirable this technology is, it is still currently cost prohibitively for many PC gaming enthusiasts in 2014, which is why ROG has used a better price:performance, high quality TN panel."

Excited to hear Linus's opinion on this one, especially since he's usually pretty harsh on TN panels.

"Why is the display TN rather than IPS/PVA/MVA, etc?

Not all TNs are made the same: the premium panel used in the PG278Q is of very high quality. IPS panels (and their derivatives like PVA/MVA etc) are not suitable for a multitude of reasons: 1) the response rate is simply not fast enough to react to the active change in refresh rate and 2) They cannot reliably achieve >60Hz without significantly affecting the quality of the image. IGZO technology (and LTPS low temperature polysilicon likewise) yields 100***8242;s of times faster electron mobility versus standard amorphous silicon panels and thus can provide a response rate comparable to TN (up to 60Hz currently), but, however desirable this technology is, it is still currently cost prohibitively for many PC gaming enthusiasts in 2014, which is why ROG has used a better price:performance, high quality TN panel."

Excited to hear Linus's opinion on this one, especially since he's usually pretty harsh on TN panels.

Still TN.

PLS is where the cool kids are at

there needs to be more PLS panels on the market 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Still TN.

TN is just letters.

Just get a Qnix QX2710 Evolution II from Korea and overclock it. It can reach over 95Hz and it has a 10bit 2560x1440 Samsung PLS panel with 4ms GtoG response and 350cd/m². Also included is a virtual 4K ad-in board.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Just get a Qnix QX2710 Evolution II from Korea and overclock it. It can reach over 95Hz and it has a 10bit 2560x1440 Samsung PLS panel with 4ms GtoG response and 350cd/m². Also included is a virtual 4K ad-in board.

Can reach over, not guarenteed. Plus there are some problems with the screen past like 80+ hz.

And are you sure about 4ms.?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

The claim is that the panel is capable of 120Hz *but they don't guarantee every one will get it*. I am not able to test it that's just the claim the seller makes. The panel is already set at 75Hz out of the box so going up 20Hz shouldn't have much of a negative impact.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

The screen itself looks decent, not too much "gamer bling". The stand however is terribad. I hope this think got a VESA mount, otherwise its pretty much dead to me.

@IPS vs. TN:

Having owned a Dell U2713HM for over a year now, I must say I love it. Fortunately I have absolutely no bleeding; the typical glow exists, but it never bothered me in the slightest. If set up correctly, this monitor is great for work. Not so much for gaming. The input lag exists, but doesn't bother me that much. The ghosting and tearing however is absolutely destroying any immersiveness. For gaming, I use a BenQ XL2420T, which is much better ghosting and tearing wise, but the colors throw me off quite a bit. Though not as bad as the display in my three year old Acer TravelMate notebook. That is just disgusting^^

In conclusion, I will order one when its finally out (grr :angry:) and look at it. If it has similar or preferrably better colours than the BenQ --> quad-screen setup with three Swifts and my Dell up top, here I come :D

give us a 4K IPS version for $400 and ill think about it.

Give me 4k ISP g and a-sync 1watt power consumption for 10$ and I'll think about it.

Wonder if I could jerry-rig these for an epic triple monitor with the LG 21:9 in the middle and these on the side.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I'm curious about is what is it like to watch movies on a 1440p monitor? is there no difference compared to a 1080p or are there like black bars around the image?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

One thing I'm curious about is what is it like to watch movies on a 1440p monitor? is there no difference compared to a 1080p or are there like black bars around the image?

Since it's the same aspect ratio (16:9) I think the black bars are gonna be the same as in a 1080p monitor, same image but upscaled.

And if the video is 1.78:1 there won't be black bars at all.