ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440P 120HZ MONITOR RELEASE DATE

YesItsMe

Again, this is a nice monitor for what it is and I honestly wouldn't mind having it sitting right in front of me right now. The main issue is for those that work with graphics of any sort that need things to be true to life colour and this is something you'll never have on a TN panel no matter how over engineered it is. People who do rendering or graphics design don't care about 1ms response time or 60 vs 120hz at all. Their primary focus is how accurate is this display to printed media.

Again, this is a nice monitor for what it is and I honestly wouldn't mind having it sitting right in front of me right now. The main issue is for those that work with graphics of any sort that need things to be true to life colour and this is something you'll never have on a TN panel no matter how over engineered it is. People who do rendering or graphics design don't care about 1ms response time or 60 vs 120hz at all. Their primary focus is how accurate is this display to printed media.

You are right, but then again that isn't the market ASUS is going for with this monitor. It is under the Republic of Gamers branding which means it's targeted at gamers with features specifically for PC gaming. ASUS has a very nice line of professional monitors for people that need higher quality panels.

Asus ROG Swift 1440p 120hz or Samsung U25D590D 4k 60hz Monitor

Roughly the same price. And Linus was ok with the Samsung monitor

Been asking myself this question for my upcoming build since Linus' review.  I might go for the Swift to try out G-Sync, wait for an upgrade in ~2 years, better graphics cards and better 4K monitors with G-Sync.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I've never noticed any ghosting or response lag or any downside at all with my hp Pavilion 23" ips. It only looks better, has no colourshift, nicer colours, and better viewing angles than my 23" TN. Side by side the difference is night and day. I'm not going back to TN. They're cheap, and cheap for a reason.

What about ghosting on IPS panels?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Been asking myself this question for my upcoming build since Linus' review.  I might go for the Swift to try out G-Sync, wait for an upgrade in ~2 years, better graphics cards and better 4K monitors with G-Sync.

This is my problem... I don't want 4K for gaming, but that screen real estate... But the ROG can do 3D movies. :3

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

To everyone arguing IPS vs. TN, this is a republic of GAMERS monitor, it is designed for fast response, no ghosting, high refresh rate, something IPS just can't do. That is why ASUS said it was impossible to make it IPS, because YOU CAN'T. Stop whining about how it is an overpriced TN panel, GSync is going to raise the price about $200, and $600 for a 10-bit, 144hz 1440p monitor with an extremely thin bezel is not asking much. I guarantee using the monitor for what it is designed for and playing any FPS on this and a good IPS panel side by side the SWIFT will blow the IPS out of the water. If you insist IPS > TN in every case then go buy an expensive IPS panel and have your "amazing colors".

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

To everyone arguing IPS vs. TN, this is a republic of GAMERS monitor, it is designed for fast response, no ghosting, high refresh rate, something IPS just can't do. That is why ASUS said it was impossible to make it IPS, because YOU CAN'T. Stop whining about how it is an overpriced TN panel, GSync is going to raise the price about $200, and $600 for a 10-bit, 144hz 1440p monitor with an extremely thin bezel is not asking much. I guarantee using the monitor for what it is designed for and playing any FPS on this and a good IPS panel side by side the SWIFT will blow the IPS out of the water. If you insist IPS > TN in every case then go buy an expensive IPS panel and have your "amazing colors".

But... but $799? I don't know, I feel like it could be at $599. I understand the features but at that price...  :(

HbiQlm8.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm just checking back to see if its out yet... WHY IS THIS NOT OUT YET!

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to get 3 of these bad boys for my triple monitor setup! :D

Be sure to have at least 3x 280x in crossfire ;)

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

But... but $799? I don't know, I feel like it could be at $599. I understand the features but at that price...  :(

Custom manufactured 10bit TN panel which is comparable to a PLS panel in terms of color reproduction, g-sync which costs 200$ as a DIY kit, 1440p res and 144hz, 27inch, 1ms response time.

Price is more than justified, aso dat sexy design.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Custom manufactured 10bit TN panel which is comparable to a PLS panel in terms of color reproduction, g-sync which costs 200$ as a DIY kit, 1440p res and 144hz, 27inch, 1ms response time.

Price is more than justified, aso dat sexy design.

I would love to see it in person, compare it to an IPS monitor like the Asus PB278Q.

Be sure to have at least 3x 280x in crossfire ;)

Why would you use a last gen card when you can blow the cash on 3 800$ monitors?

Also i'm suprprised people still are crying on about ips panels. I guess you've all been brainwashed and/or only used 100$ tn monitors. You do know there are some graphics oriented monitors that are tn panels and that they are 10bit with amazing color reproduction and color accuracy right?

Pretty. I'll stick with my trusty old AOC 2236Vw with a dead pixel. Mainly because of price. I would kill to have that monitor.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why would you use a last gen card when you can blow the cash on 3 800$ monitors?

Also i'm suprprised people still are crying on about ips panels. I guess you've all been brainwashed and/or only used 100$ tn monitors. You do know there are some graphics oriented monitors that are tn panels and that they are 10bit with amazing color reproduction and color accuracy right?

Keywords: at least

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

True and that's why it's going to be powered by 3 titans. That should be enough for a good gaming experience with gsync. And which equals allmost the same costs aswell

• 3 weeks later...

Going to buy 3 of these the minute it comes out. Only problem is idk if I should get the x4 Kingpin Edition or x4 Black Titans..

Get a mobo that could take 5 cards, and have 4 new titans with 1 dedicated to physix

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

when the fuck is this thing coming ffs. tired of waiting.

I bet it's gonna cost $9001 or enough to molest anybody's wallet

9001!

Soon bby, soon.

got a serious question. do you think this will come with a Non-G-sync version?

No. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

No bro, or at least there is no info yet about it, but I doubt that.