HTC One M8 Review & DUAL PHONE GIVEAWAY!

I really like Sense, the andriod skin. I'm used to touchwiz, so it would be a big improvement.

I'm pumped most about the front facing speakers (though it's a shame this isn't a standard feature on devices at this point!) and Sense 6 looks pretty nice as well :D

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!

My favourite thing is the looks, very sexy phone.

This would be the ultimate phone if it had wireless charging, even if it was optional, and it was thicker i'd still want it .   :(

But by far the best thing is the fact it has a micro sd slot, its so useful, especially if i'm going places with no connection.

I just like the amazing screen and boomsound. They did a great job om both.

What I like most about the phone is the same thing i loved about the M7, and that ist the styling of the phone.

The new "One" (got it?, haha) with the gunmetal finish looks just amazing. When the M7 came out I had just bought a Samsung s3 because it was on sale - I regret it to this day. Also the camera seems to be just unbelievabe. The video of your cat is outstanding.

Guys (and girls), don't forget to click the bit.ly link!!!

Good luck

The touch gesture unlocking is by far the best feature in my opinion, along with the amazing speakers it makes for one of the best phones.

great video...

i really like the looks and the build quality of this phone...

I'm usually more of a sony guy when it comes to phones, but the m8 is actually making me reconsider

My favorite thing about the HTC One m8 are, 1.The HTC Boomsound that provides awesome sound quality to enjoy watching online video and sharing music with my friends., 2. MicroSD option on the phone i wont worry anymore of low memory space on my phone because with the option to have a MicroSD slot on the new HTC One m8 i can store more music, video and capture more image without any fuss of low memory space., and last will be the solid build brushed metal finish it gives the phone the premium feel and it makes the phone build more sturdy and strong versus plastic build phone from other manufacturer so having a phone with 90% metal build will be a assurance that the new HTC One m8 is a tough one! 

Well i hope my entry caught your attention guys so i can qualify to have the HTC One m8. i really really like to have that phone so i can replace my kind'a old Galaxy Nexus Prime well i love my nexus even though its kind'a old and slow my gnex is my first Android Phone but i think my gnex already serve me very well and its time for my phone to take a rest. i hope i get a chance to win the new HTC One m8! :lol: 

Awesome Review Linus! keep it up Kudos to u and your team! ;)  

My favourite thing about the HTC One M8 is the fact that HTC decided to focus on quality and not quantity when it came to the camera, that footage recorded with it was honestly amazing. 

if this is where we comment then my 2 fav features are the expandable storage, and the fron boom speakers

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Looks like an awesome phone. The thing that makes it a more compelling buy for me is the microSD card slot. It's also a shame it doesn't have wireless charging.

Wooooah if i won this phone I'd quit life and shack up with it forever, its sexier than any woman, can do more than any friend, is faster than my honda, has more nice curves than any lady i can hope to get and is generally better than humans. no offence guys. but my favourite thing ever is that when it talks to me it uses those luscious Boom sound speakers to make me tremble with lust.

I love the build quality of this phone.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

Hello there,

This was a very interesting review, looks like a rock solid product.

The feature's of the camera are pretty neat for an artist like me.

I don't understand how HTC can improve the speed of android by just making it there own.

It's like magic :P .

Love the look and the specs.

But the biggest thing from HTC that always pleased me was the curve in the back of the phone.

It just feels right every time.

Hope you will keep up the good work, because i love the review approach you do.

Olivierus

HTC <3 Would love to hear music and watch videos to the awesome sound of the dual speakers compared the relatively weaker ones I have on my phone now :( Hope It me :)

woah, would be amazing to win! It's been said so many times but the best thing about the One M8 has to be the design; it's close to Apple-level. There are some things that can still be perfected though, the black HTC-branded 'lip' on the bottom of the screen is unsightly (I don't believe it's necessary to have space for all the components, there are whole phones smaller than the One for pete's sake...) and distracts from the screen (which should dominate). There's a reason why iPhones don't have 'APPLE' on the front bezel anywhere. The screen should have 100% of the user's attention. The power button placement is also pretty horrible— in theory I like it on the top but in the case of the One, the phone itself is too tall for it to work, it should really be on the side (or possibly back?? LG might sue though...) Finally the only problem I have is the camera. The post-shot focus and 3D thing is such a gimmick it makes me want to cry and can't be helping the BOM (Bill of Materials) or COGS (Cost of Goods Sold). It would be slightly less horrific if it worked well, but the focus thing is at best obviously fake and at worst completely messed up. The 3D thing looks like those weird Kinect portraits which are kinda cool but not something I care about at all. Although, in theory, the Ultrapixel technology should be the way forward for mobile imaging, in a world where we're all slowly upgrading on the path to 4K, IGZO, Retina, (and whatever other high-pixel-density screen technology out there) displays, 4MP isn't enough for my needs. I like to blow my fam's photos up to full screen to show them to my grandparents, for example. I can't have a camera that looks fine at web-magnification but falls to pieces at full screen on a rMBP, for example, where there are more pixels actually on the screen itself than what you get out of the One's camera. Again, it would be a little less painful, and maybe even acceptable, if the Ultrapixel technology was actually markedly better than rivals' cameras, if that massive resolution sacrifice actually brought something in return— but it doesn't. For all those pixels you lose you don't even get a significantly better image, except for in low light, which my inner photographer often doesn't even try to take photos in anyway. Overall I actually still like this phone better over the Galaxy S5, but not by that much. That being said, I would argue it's the best current-gen Android phone out there. /2cents haha

Peronsally I really like the new design it looks fantastic. The update to sense compare to the original m7 rom looks really well also the general attention to detial is just above anything else on the android market.

As always a fantastic review and a great video, Keep up the good work! :)

Htc One M8 Awesome 

Timothy Harnamji