The Walt Disney Company and EA Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Games Agreement

Does anyone remember when EA were awesome?

Hell yeah! EA Sports BIG!!! :P SSX Tricky! and 3 were insane! 

Battlefornt 3 with Frosbite could be awesome.

Bioware is a EA partner. So Maybe we can see a new Kotor from them.

Wow. Just wow. Added to live stream topics for this week.

Look at the bright side at least it will be on sale 50% off in the first week hahahaha

Battlefornt 3 with Frosbite could be awesome.

Bioware is a EA partner. So Maybe we can see a new Kotor from them.

NO! Please dont even consider that!! You can change the WHOLE game in Kotor if you give the wrong answers/replies...and if i look at mass effect...oh god...pleas, just don't!

Good news everyone...!

there really fucking up my uncles company... damn you disney studios why did u join the devil "EA"

Character artist in the Games industry.

what... EA fucked up and failed the star wars franchise already.... already. 

they took a promising IP SWTOR  that was supposed to be the next WoW killer and neutered it

I played SWTOR from the betas all the way to a month after they gave up and admitted failure by going free to play 

I'm going though the 7 stages of grief by reading this news.   

1 shocked 2 started crying 3... now I'm fucking angry.... fuck you EA

I'm going to need a new keyboard this ones going to go flying though a wall 

what... EA fucked up and failed the star wars franchise already.... already. 

they took a promising IP SWTOR  that was supposed to be the next WoW killer and neutered it

I played SWTOR from the betas all the way to a month after they gave up and admitted failure by going free to play 

I'm going though the 7 stages of grief by reading this news.   

1 shocked 2 started crying 3... now I'm fucking angry.... fuck you EA

if they would make a movie out of that i would pay 100$ to see it. its a shame ea gets to touch anything, and that people even buy their merchandise.

I'm not to worried. There games are usually very good, but they make some stupid mistakes with launches, always online, DRM, server problems etc.

As bad as this sounds, the Frostbite engine is perfect for a SW game, let's see how it pans out.

NO! Please dont even consider that!! You can change the WHOLE game in Kotor if you give the wrong answers/replies...and if i look at mass effect...oh god...pleas, just don't!

You do know that Bioware did develop the first Kotor?! It was published by LucasArts.

"The EA studios creating those 'core' Star Wars games are Battlefield developer DICE, Dead Space developer Visceral Games and BioWare, which has plenty of space-faring experience with Mass EffectStar Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic."

Source

So they are saying those devs are working on it. Awesome.

I'm not to worried. There games are usually very good, but they make some stupid mistakes with launches, always online, DRM, server problems etc.

This makes a very good point. The games themselves are usually good. It's the things surrounding them that suck. Like what DvD92 mentioned.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

okay guys, EA is a giant dick and likes dicking people's wallets. but let's be honest. core gameplay hasn't ever been truly terrible. BFBC2 is a testament to that. and BF3 is decent. I beleive EA is a corporate fvck out to eat your money, but the developers under them still put out decent games.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Ladies and Gentlemen, add another franchise to the list that EA screws up.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL