Dry Ice [Watercooled Define R4/White Merlin SM8/H440 (Never Ending)]

Hi everyone! I'm backing and watercooling a Define R4! This build log won't take very long at all and I should have it done within the next few days before I go back to school from Spring Break. I'll be taking out the 5.25' bays, but that's abut it for "modding." Enjoy me build! And yes, the EVGA case badge will still be on the inside next to my GPU ;)

PC Specs (same):

GPU: GTX 780 From EVGA

CPU: Intel i7 3770K

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD4H

PSU: Corsair AX850

RAM: 32GB Hyper X Fury One Black and One White Kit

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Watercooling (slightly different):

Pump: EK D5 Vario with Top

Radiator 1: Alphacool ST30 240

Radiator 2: EK XTX 360(60mm thick)

Fans: 5 Scythe Gentle Typhoons

GPU Block: EKFC 780 GTX TI+the backplate that goes with it

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Acetal+Nickel

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 3/4

Fittings: Bitspower Matte Black

Coolant: Mayhems Pure Black Concentrate

Custom stuff: IceModz LEDs and sleeved cables.

"Mods:" removing rivets to take out the 5.25' bays for the 360 rad.

I'll be taking out the 5.25' bays later today; stupid rivets.

First pictures:

JX9sh1z.jpg

First little radiator in:

wg2rt6O.jpg

I don't have a good background, but whatever:

vRVvGkV.jpg

I don't even know:

sqG5d1g.jpg

See you later!

where the r4 you promised me? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

cant wait for the rest, subbed!

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Update:

The case is ready for building tomorrow! I cut myself though :/ My tubing for the build will be arriving on Friday, but I can get the PC built tomorrow.

@AMD Lover thanks for the tip on getting the rivets out, it worked perfectly.

Pictures!

I didn't realize this one was so blurry :/

QPv3vuT.jpg

5faPYyk.jpgSee you then! :D

Definitely looking forward to this one,

Subbed

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Sorry for posting so much in the last minute, but I can not believe how well that went. I really didn't think I would get a 360 and 240 in this case. I'm loving this.

Thanks everyone.

Sexay case you have there.  Nice case to water cool. Should look awesome at the end.  :)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Sexay case you have there.  Nice case to water cool. Should look awesome at the end.  :)

I love the build quality. It's better than my 750D by far and taking out the 5.25' bays gives you a surprisingly good amount of radiator space.

I love the build quality. It's better than my 750D by far and taking out the 5.25' bays gives you a surprisingly good amount of radiator space.

I've seen a couple (water cooled) builds in it so far. By the looks of it you can lay things out very well and it is quite spacious and clean.  Without water cooling it looks kinda big inside. I love mine. Hopefully one day ill have enough money to put some water cooling in it.  Good luck though.  As I said, it should turn out really good. Those water cooling parts will fit well with the style/feel.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I've seen a couple (water cooled) builds in it so far. By the looks of it you can lay things out very well and it is quite spacious and clean.  Without water cooling it looks kinda big inside. I love mine. Hopefully one day ill have enough money to put some water cooling in it.  Good luck though.  As I said, it should turn out really good. Those water cooling parts will fit well with the style/feel.

Thanks. I've only seen builds where they leave the bays in and use a smallish 240 in the front and that's it. I think it will look a lot better without that stuff and just a wide open case. I think that the thick tubing might look a little overpowering in the case, but I spent so much on fittings there nothing to do about it lol.

Before I just went and bought it (on sale) I was scared I might sacrifice a lot of temps to use it. If I had to do that I would just return it.

I will be building the PC tomorrow and setting up the loop on Friday. The whole thing should be done by Sunday.

Thanks. I've only seen builds where they leave the bays in and use a smallish 240 in the front and that's it. I think it will look a lot better without that stuff and just a wide open case. I think that the thick tubing might look a little overpowering in the case, but I spent so much on fittings there nothing to do about it lol.

Before I just went and bought it (on sale) I was scared I might sacrifice a lot of temps to use it. If I had to do that I would just return it.

Heres one I was looking at on OC3D, not sure about the colour scheme but...

post-42897-0-45935200-1397110634.jpeg

Link to build log:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1395276/build-log-water-cooled-define-r4

totally thought you were going copper pipes when i showed you the pics 

I wish...

Heres one I was looking at on OC3D, not sure about the colour scheme but...

attachicon.gif350x700px-LL-47dc95c0__7144957.jpeg

Link to build log:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1395276/build-log-water-cooled-define-r4

I saw that when I was deciding and it looks awful, but it showed me a good representation. I'm the only one I have seen (I'm sure there are more) taking out the 5.25' bays and using a thick 360 rad instead of a 240 which is cool.

oh god that is so beautiful... where is it from? :wub:

totally thought you were going copper pipes when...

Too bad the temps are probably horrible. I know it's not about that in that build, but still.

Update:

I'm putting everything in and realizing that it's not going to fit a res and pump the way I wanted it to, so I'll be trying to get a pump mount for my reservoir by tomorrow from FrozenCPU. Otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday :( There's hope for getting it and the build is turning out nice :D

The PSU will be turned down I just have to take off a really hard to remove sticker before I do.

Pictures (very unfinished):

a53jwEU.jpg

NknssZA.jpg

Update:

I'm putting everything in and realizing that it's not going to fit a res and pump the way I wanted it to, so I'll be trying to get a pump mount for my reservoir by tomorrow from FrozenCPU. Otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday :( There's hope for getting it and the build is turning out nice :D

The PSU will be turned down I just have to take off a really hard to remove sticker before I do.

dem cables,it looks amazing cant wait for it to be finished  :D

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Thanks! :D

I just ordered the mount thingy for tomorrow :)

if you dont mind me asking where did you get those cables?

Update:

beautiful! :D