Guides & Tutorials Catalog

The Guides and Tutorials Catalog

In order to simplify the search for guides and tutorials which might be tagged

badly, and to help you look for specific things by subject without having to fight

the broken IP.Board search function, we'll be tracking complete tutorials about a

specifc subject here.

The idea is to have a nice catalog people can browse by subject. The tutorials

linked to here are of decent quality, meaning that they cover the subject in a

reasonably complete, understandable, and properly formatted way.

If you feel we've missed a quality tutorial, feel free to PM a mod or reply to this

thread. Also check this post.

• 1 month later...

Overclocking

Modding

Storage

Hardware

Software Setup

• Windows

• Linux

• Mobile

• Other

Troubleshooting

Other

• 4 weeks later...

cool :D

#MostUselessComment2014

Pretty much - I'll see if I get time this weekend to finish this off

thanks guys really helpfull :)

- Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure -

CPU   : Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz  |  Cooler  : C orsair H110 |  Motherboard  : Asus  ROG Maximus VI Formula | RAM : Kingston   HyperX 8GB * 4 (32GB) |  VGA  : 2x Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X in CROSSFIR E | SSD : 2x  Intel 530 Series 120GB SSD in RAID0

Storage  : Western Digital Caviar Black  2TB | PSU : Coole rmaster Silent Pro M2 1000W | Chassis : Coolermaster Cosmos SE 

Nice :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You missed the android rooting guide. Just saying. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Did you mean http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11520-the-basics-of-rooting/ ? If yes, it's fixed. If no, please provide link :)

Oops sorry, this was the post I was talking about it's currently pinned in the Mobile Devices Section:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/127469-general-guide-to-custom-roms-and-rooting-w-faq/

The one above seems great too!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

and fixed.

LOL. It's Okay :)  (Remove this if it clutters the thread)

2z5n4mq.jpg.gif

I'm in here LOL. Thanks alot. I will also post a guide on how to fix the Battlefield 3/4 camera-stick-lag issue, i'll hop in with a link :D

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure how this could be included, but linus did a tutorial years ago on how to make a bootable usb stick with windows for new builds and its still one of the best ive found out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJwiILbsdo

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!!

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

• 4 weeks later...

Why is there no guide to understand which GPU & CPU is better then other, like how to look at the spec's to see if it can run modern/latest games out there and if it can run on minimum~ultra settings?

this can really help alot of people that want to start trying to build there own computer without just spending a huge crazy amount of money on parts, that which wouldn't play the games or run very well.

Why is there no guide to understand which GPU & CPU is better then other, like how to look at the spec's to see if it can run modern/latest games out there and if it can run on minimum~ultra settings?

this can really help alot of people that want to start trying to build there own computer without just spending a huge crazy amount of money on parts, that which wouldn't play the games or run very well.

You can't pick whether a GPU/CPU can run a game off its spec sheet though besides the minimum required for the game.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't pick whether a GPU/CPU can run a game off its spec sheet though besides the minimum required for the game.

oh ok, thinking a list of games on like maximum settings, show spec for each & see what fps they get on those kind of games with different GPU/CPU/amount of RAM(maybe aswell, not sure if that effect fps), though i know this is gonna be a mega huge list but i guess it's another way to help., if they r into gaming.

if you guys are still into maintaining this thread, how about the posting topics guide gets in? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/202456-the-ultimate-posting-topics-correctly-guide/

i think it's still pretty useful to those that bother to view the thread, it gives advice on how to make your post look nice and what exactly to include in your post

sort of the amalgamation of the please read before posting topics

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

• 4 weeks later...