Chiller?

Tea1337

This is hardly computer related, so I am posting in off topic. But I have a question, my cousin has a 55 gallon aquarium that I acquired from him last week, and in my room it get's fairly hot since it's been hitting around 90*F the past few days. I have a breed of fish that have to stay cool in waters around 75*F, and the tank is hitting 82-83*c. So my algae growth is out of control. So I need a way to cool down my tank. But then I thougt, what If I used a 360mm rad and a pump to cool down my tank?

I can run the hosting from the top down underneath where there is good ventilation,  and have a radiator made to be used in a pc setup, to cool my tanks water. Would this be possible? if the rad is made out of copper I believe it is safe to have in my tank. I would use 3 scythe gentle typhoons and a pump I had from when I had a salt water aquarium. Any help would be appreciated!

If the surrounding air is warmer than the water, you're only going to warm the water. You are probably going to have to buy a purposed aquarium chiller or get ac

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

If the surrounding air is warmer than the water, you're only going to warm the water. You are probably going to have to buy a purposed aquarium chiller or get ac

It's 72*f constant in the house, and chillers made for this are WAY out of my budget

How about some ice 

Ship_dropping_ice_in_ocean1-300x225.png

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's 72*f constant in the house, and chillers made for this are WAY out of my budget

If it's 72f in the house, how is the tank hitting 83f?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

How about some ice 

Ship_dropping_ice_in_ocean1-300x225.png

I can't add more and more water to it :P, and I don't have enough ice. 

If it's 72f in the house, how is the tank hitting 83f?

I am thinking it is just my room. the thermostat says 72-73 in the living room, but it my room it's much warmer. I may need to go with just a row of fans to do evaporative cooling.

I can't add more and more water to it :P, and I don't have enough ice. 

I am thinking it is just my room. the thermostat says 72-73 in the living room, but it my room it's much warmer. I may need to go with just a row of fans to do evaporative cooling.

Time to go Geothermal can do both heat and cool.

ground-source-heat-pumps.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Time to go Geothermal can do both heat and cool.

ground-source-heat-pumps.jpg

Not when the ground is near 130*f, and I can't dig into solid rock :(

Not when the ground is near 130*f, and I can't dig into solid rock :(

well you have to go down a little bit. maybe tnt? 

Maybe ghetto rig a old refrigerator? 

Spoiler

well you have to go down a little bit. maybe tnt? 

Maybe ghetto rig a old refrigerator? 

I wish, I am going to have to go with good old evap cooling